FSU 2 point favs | Syracusefan.com

FSU 2 point favs

Same thing I said about the Pitt game I don't bet my teams but man that line is insane. Florida State -2 seems like free money. This is one of those Vegas zone lines though.

If I bet on games involving my team I wouldn't bet on my team this game.
I will say though SU is 4-0 in ACC home games. 0-4 in road games.

It does seem crazy to me but I think they are over emphasizing the fact we are at home. I would love a close game but I think we lose by 8. Then again I thought the same thing would happen against Wake.

For this to happen, FSU would have to have really poor execution against the zone--which is possible, as Leonard Hamilton will never be mistaken for a good offensive coach.

We'd also need to avoid turnovers, handle their press, and prevent their best two players from going off offensively. Can't afford for Gillon to have one of those games where he doesn't do anything for 29 minutes -- he needs to play like he did the last five minutes against Wake Forest, making passes off of the bounce, etc.

If those four things happen, we've got a shot.

I love you Syracuse but all my money on FSU

Ya gotta separate emotion from betting. Very few people can do it.

I watched a guy, an engineer, from India win a NASCAR pool almost every week amongst a bunch of near-rednecks. They all had rooting interests. All the Indian guy did was look at the numbers.

These near-Rednecks were actually smart guys and they would have sworn that they were being objective. But almost every week Pranab would win the money.

For this to happen, FSU would have to have really poor execution against the zone--which is possible, as Leonard Hamilton will never be mistaken for a good offensive coach.

We'd also need to avoid turnovers, handle their press, and prevent their best two players from going off offensively. Can't afford for Gillon to have one of those games where he doesn't do anything for 29 minutes -- he needs to play like he did the last five minutes against Wake Forest, making passes off of the bounce, etc.

If those four things happen, we've got a shot.

A litle execution couldn't hurt. At one point in the ND game we were 5 for 20 IN THE PAINT. Some of that was missed layups by our 4 and 5. Some of it was Gillon on drives that got stuffed.

They are not a good shooting team. They are the 2nd worst three point shooting team in the ACC, not a good rebounding team like us, and they turn it over a bunch. That's the path to victory.

We need to protect the ball and get back in transition. This game should be a good game for Roberson to grab 10 plus rebounds.

Not a significant surprise. Based on KP the line should be around -3 or -3.5. A little lower than I expected, but only a point off. I do expect it to slide to -3 or -4 by game time.

I watched a guy, an engineer, from India win a NASCAR pool almost every week amongst a bunch of near-rednecks. They all had rooting interests. All the Indian guy did was look at the numbers.

These near-Rednecks were actually smart guys and they would have sworn that they were being objective. But almost every week Pranab would win the money.

Any chance you know how I can get in touch with Pranab?

this team just got waxed at georgia tech, we dont need a miracle or all the stars to align or to play a perfect game to beat these guys. play the way we've been playing at home and i think we'll win.

good story, reminded me of this classic

“I once saw him scissor-kick Angela Lansbury.”

Watch Brasky's Buddies at a Wall Street Bar from Saturday Night Live on NBC.com

Any chance you know how I can get in touch with Pranab?

There's an outside chance. The problem is that I could never pronounce or even spell his last name. Not could anyone else at work.

He was a high-end Power systems engineer. And I would suspect that anyone with a very good math/statistics background would be able to do what Pranab could do.

It's sort of what the "elfs" do on Wall Street. They just watch the market trends.

Any word on expected attendance?

Hopefully not the stereotypical Syracuse noon crowd. I thought the crowd looked and sounded great for the Wake game. Hopefully we get more of the same, right from the tip off tomorrow. We need every edge.

Any word on expected attendance?

Hopefully not the stereotypical Syracuse noon crowd. I thought the crowd looked and sounded great for the Wake game. Hopefully we get more of the same, right from the tip off tomorrow. We need every edge.

Let me put it plain and simple. It will be the largest audience ever to witness a game. Period. Everybody says so.

If FSU shoots like they normally do and we do a decent job on the boards, I like our chances.

This team has sky high confidence at home so that seems to give us a huge boost every time we're at the Dome.

Any idea on what kind of attendance we're looking at today?

This is probably the biggest game of the season so far if we want to make any type of run at the Tourney.

Up to 3 in most places. 3.5 on sports book.

I think we see 26k or so today with the students there. We had 22 plus without the students vs Pitt. Size of the crowd doesn't mean much, it's how engaged the crowd is that matters.

looking range you can still get 10 seats together in 312 for duke so demand has really gone down with the teams play this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom