FSU and Clemson | Syracusefan.com

FSU and Clemson

Why do you bother with WV trash? They are never ever right about anything. Currently no school gets $35 million yet if FSU and Clemson leave for the B12 they both will? Really? That would put the B12 ahead of every conference in TV revenue. So they are going from last to first? ooooook.

...an extra million for starters but projected double dollars in future with revised contract. Frankly I dont see this happening...however, if the thought is there, then possibly smoke and fire...probably time for ACC to get act together and decide which 2 teams it wants to invite to get to 16 if Clemson and FSU stay and which 4 teams to invite if they go to Big 12. It would seem necessary for ACC to rethink the network package that ND have and consider what teams on east coast or south that ND wants to play...for example, at this moment Rugirls, Uconn, Louisville and USF are probably available. Can ACC get ND...if so at what compromise and what other teams. If ACC gets ND doubt FSU and Clemson leave...so lets now see how tough and creative ACC can be.

Gotta call BS on this "article". They've been talking about this on BGN for a while now and even the imbeciles over there are incredulous about this info. WVU fans have been trying to concoct different scenarios that would lead to the ACC's collapse since being passed over. They're like the ugly best friend of the hot girl who's mad at the world they can't get a date. The funny thing about it is they begged their way into the Big 12...they should get over their inferiority complex and move on.

Long story short do not believe anything reported by anyone connected to a WVU fan board. Remember they were in line to be #14 to the SEC as repeatedly reported on BGN...right? RIIIIGHT!

Why do you bother with WV trash? They are never ever right about anything. Currently no school gets $35 million yet if FSU and Clemson leave for the B12 they both will? Really? That would put the B12 ahead of every conference in TV revenue. So they are going from last to first? ooooook.

didn't notice it was originally from a wvu blogger. thought it was the sec/georgia blogger guy. still, all it is is as article, not vouching for it's factuality.

Notre Dame is in talks to join the West Coast Conference for all sports, including football.

Now some dipsh!t blogger can write that "Syracusefan.com is reporting that "Notre Dame is in talks to join the West Coast Conference for all sports, including football."

I love how the Internet works!

This is how the Scoop point shaving rumor started, and that got ugly very quickly.

This is how the Scoop point shaving rumor started, and that got ugly very quickly.

really?

Why would FSU and Clemson need to think about moving if they are going to double their revenue? The holdup is travel cost considerations? Really? LMAO.

It's just a wv fan that wants this to happen. Partly because he wants to hurt the ACC and partly because FSU and Clemson would have liked to have had wv in the ACC for football reasons. I do believe the ACC missed on this one and should have added SU, Pitt and WV and went to 15 and then wait for ND to come with the open slot.

It's just a wv fan that wants this to happen. Partly because he wants to hurt the ACC and partly because FSU and Clemson would have liked to have had wv in the ACC for football reasons. I do believe the ACC missed on this one and should have added SU, Pitt and WV and went to 15 and then wait for ND to come with the open slot.

WVU would jump from the XII to the ACC in a heartbeat.

WVU would jump from the XII to the ACC in a heartbeat.

Imagine that? If ND never does join I'd be happy to add wv and louisville and I think the ACC gambled big on this one.

If Florida State and Clemson can't go undefeated playing the likes of Wake Forest, Virginia, NC State, and North Carolina the chances of them going undefeated decrease playing TCU, Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and company. FSU wants to compete for and win NCs and make money The only reason they would leave is for money, but the money isn't the difference between Big East money 5 Million and ACC money 15 Million. I have recently come to the conclusion WVU fans are really awful. When they bought out of the FSU game next yr they are taunting FSU fans and think its okay to do so, and believe FSU won't buyout of the game @WVU or then FSU are hypocrites. Only chance FSU and Clemson leave is for OBSCENE amounts of money or the SEC comes a calling. The Bevo Longhorn Network is still creating a class welfare system in that conference, and only Oklahoma has Texa$'s respect. The rest of the conference revolves around Texas while in the ACC all schools are equal partners.

Ego is a funny thing and FSU and Clemson have plenty of it. They are self proclaimed football schools and being in the ACC is like the proverbial sissy of college football, especially if the big east fads away.

One thing that makes sense in that "article" is that the Big 12 is interested in FSU and Clemson, not the SEC.

The other thing that makes sense is the Big 12 promising a # of $35M. Because I can see them saying that. Big 12's per team TV contract revenue would be over 150% of the Big 10 and Pac 12? Why of course it will. We just need the metropolis of Clemson, SC and the dozens of TV sets in that area.

Good times article. Clemson and FSU leaving an equal share revenue conference for one that is weighted heavily towards two schools...that aren't named Clemson or FSU. Please let me live to see the day...

One thing that makes sense in that "article" is that the Big 12 is interested in FSU and Clemson, not the SEC.

The other thing that makes sense is the Big 12 promising a # of $35M. Because I can see them saying that. Big 12's per team TV contract revenue would be over 150% of the Big 10 and Pac 12? Why of course it will. We just need the metropolis of Clemson, SC and the dozens of TV sets in that area.

Good times article. Clemson and FSU leaving an equal share revenue conference for one that is weighted heavily towards two schools...that aren't named Clemson or FSU. Please let me live to see the day...

The Big 10 and SEC are printing money. Zero percent chance the Big 12 is going to get anywhere near that. With A&M and Nebraska out, the only attractive game on the schedule is Texas-OU, and maybe Bedlam.

...an extra million for starters but projected double dollars in future with revised contract. Frankly I dont see this happening...however, if the thought is there, then possibly smoke and fire...probably time for ACC to get act together and decide which 2 teams it wants to invite to get to 16 if Clemson and FSU stay and which 4 teams to invite if they go to Big 12. It would seem necessary for ACC to rethink the network package that ND have and consider what teams on east coast or south that ND wants to play...for example, at this moment Rugirls, Uconn, Louisville and USF are probably available. Can ACC get ND...if so at what compromise and what other teams. If ACC gets ND doubt FSU and Clemson leave...so lets now see how tough and creative ACC can be.

The BE adding Memphis is a desperate move that is very much about the probable loss of BCS AQ status. ND is not going to care for playing basketball and non-revenue sports against Memphis and UCF, and it is not going to tolerate any football relationship with the BE once it loses Big Time status because it is not AQ. Then ND will move toward joining the ACC.

And when ND joins the ACC for all sports, the ACC deals will include having 1 game, 2 in a few weeks when ND in prime time against a major foe is available, per week on NBC the way that the SEC has CBS. NBC will pay very big bucks for that. The ACC deals will be as rich as anybody's ever can be. They will be based on adding ND football plus the states of NY and PA, the rise of ACC basketball, and the growing TV interest in baseball and lacrosse.

FSU and Clemson are not stupid.

The BE adding Memphis is a desperate move that is very much about the probable loss of BCS AQ status. ND is not going to care for playing basketball and non-revenue sports against Memphis and UCF, and it is not going to tolerate any football relationship with the BE once it loses Big Time status because it is not AQ. Then ND will move toward joining the ACC.

And when ND joins the ACC for all sports, the ACC deals will include having 1 game, 2 in a few weeks when ND in prime time against a major foe is available, per week on NBC the way that the SEC has CBS. NBC will pay very big bucks for that. The ACC deals will be as rich as anybody's ever can be. They will be based on adding ND football plus the states of NY and PA, the rise of ACC basketball, and the growing TV interest in baseball and lacrosse.

FSU and Clemson are not stupid.

A split is inevitable with an all-Catholic school conference of:
Notre Dame, Marquette, DePaul, Villanova, Providence, Georgetown, Seton Hall, St. John's, and maybe add Xavier.

And then you have the football disaster (assuming Louisville to Big 12):
Boise State, San Diego State, Houston, SMU, UCF, USF, Rutgers, UConn, Memphis, Navy, Air Force, Cincinnati

woo, made for TV!

A split is inevitable with an all-Catholic school conference of:
Notre Dame, Marquette, DePaul, Villanova, Providence, Georgetown, Seton Hall, St. John's, and maybe add Xavier.

And then you have the football disaster (assuming Louisville to Big 12):
Boise State, San Diego State, Houston, SMU, UCF, USF, Rutgers, UConn, Memphis, Navy, Air Force, Cincinnati

woo, made for TV!

But how long will ND be happy part of what will be a mid-major in basketball? Not nearly as long as most ND hardcore football independent types assume. NDs entire athletics department is far too proud to be happy in a mid-major for everything but football.

And that will be compounded by the fact that the new 9 game league schedules for all major conferences will make it much harder for ND to have good football schedules annually.

ND will be in the ACC before too long. And all of us, ND too, will benefit immeasurably.

But how long will ND be happy part of what will be a mid-major in basketball? Not nearly as long as most ND hardcore football independent types assume. NDs entire athletics department is far too proud to be happy in a mid-major for everything but football.

And that will be compounded by the fact that the new 9 game league schedules for all major conferences will make it much harder for ND to have good football schedules annually.

ND will be in the ACC before too long. And all of us, ND too, will benefit immeasurably.

ND already has BC, USC, Pitt, Navy, Michigan, Michigan State, and Stanford on a yearly basis, so they need to fill five games. They'll go to bringing in a 1-AA baby seal, or a number of MAC-level teams like they did with I believe Western Michigan last year. They'll be fine in football and they can start a series with Air Force, Army, BYU as independents as well.

As far as their other sports, it'll still be a major conference, just more of an Atlantic 10 level. They came to the Big East from the Mid-Continent, and they were always interested in a Catholic league so I don't think they'll have as much of a problem just as long as football can stay independent.

With those seven schools that they have annual games with, even if you cut it down to BC and Pitt as now conference games, you still have Navy and USC (who they'll never stop playing), and one of the longest rivalries in the nation with MSU which is also very important to them to keep. Which means if you keep three of them, they'll never have a non-conference opening, and they'll have to drop two of the games they play yearly.

ND sees their independence as a major part of their identity and I don't see them ever joining a conference, too many games they'll always have, and too many teams that'll line up to play them.

Spot on. Independence and tradition mean everything to ND. If somehow they were cut off from traditional rivals such as USC and Navy then perhaps that would require some re-thinking but that will never happen.

With only three non-conference games, I think you are going to see teams reevaluating whether playing only two at home makes financial sense. The Big Ten is staying with eight conference games, but each school will be playing one OOC game against a Pac-12 foe. UM and MSU probably could keep ND on the schedule at the beginning of the season as long as the location of the game still guarantees three home OOC games.

The Pac-12 currently plays nine conference games. I do not know whether this will continue once the B1G/Pac scheduling agreement begins, but if it does, Stanford likely falls of the schedule and ND might be left with USC.

I am not sure what the SEC and XII will be doing for conference games, but even if they stay at eight, the problem for ND will be finding teams to schedule during October and November when most teams are playing in conference.

ND's problem will not only be scheduling quality opponents, but also being able to schedule them throughout the season.