FSU and Clemson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

FSU and Clemson

Notre Dame is in talks to join the West Coast Conference for all sports, including football.

Now some dipsh!t blogger can write that "Syracusefan.com is reporting that "Notre Dame is in talks to join the West Coast Conference for all sports, including football."

I love how the Internet works!

I think you have to start a new thread for it to catch fire.

IMO there is just one real need that the ACC must try and get resolved in this espn deal. They need to get there 3rd tier rights back for an ACC network. That would keep the ACC ahead of most the B12 by alot. Remember the B12 can have a conference network but it cant include Texas and soon Oklahoma so that devalues their network alot right there.

A couple thoughts there - 1. We're talking only $1M a year, before the ACC renegotiates its contract for adding Pitt and SU; and 2. Everyone knows the Big XII was overpaid by ESPN, so that the Longhorn Network didn't destroy the conference and leave the Little 4 without a BCS conference, which is worse than what has happened to the Big East.

That is called taking a flyer at who they'd REALLY like to have, before they settle for Louisville and maybe BYU.

IF this were to come to pass, then the question becomes "who is the ACC's next two?" I would prefer to see Louisville in there over Rutgers. I think it's better for Syracuse, long term for both Rutgers and UConn to be left in the Big Skidmark, but I don't think there are enough other good candidates out there to avoid having the ACC take at least one of them, if Clemson & Fla State were to move to the SEC.

I don't see the Big 12 really happening for them. And then talk about travel costs in that article? Is it any cheaper for Florida State and Clemson to fly to Kansas and Oklahoma than it is to fly to places on the east coast? That is someone in the Big XII floating a trial balloon and see if it gets picked up.

IMO there is just one real need that the ACC must try and get resolved in this espn deal. They need to get there 3rd tier rights back for an ACC network. That would keep the ACC ahead of most the B12 by alot. Remember the B12 can have a conference network but it cant include Texas and soon Oklahoma so that devalues their network alot right there.

Isn't it in ESPN's best interests to give the ACC a nice bump for adding Pitt and SU? If they only increase the payout by $2 million a team and lock the ACC in for 12 years, then won't that push FSU and Clemson to leave? The whole B12 premise is that NBC will throw money at the B12. So if ESPN doesn't pay the ACC, they could push FSU and Clemson to the B12 and NBC. Meaning ESPN just locked themselves into a 12 year contract with little to no FB content. Why risk that if you are ESPN?