FSU fan on the subject of SU fans at yesterday's game | Syracusefan.com

FSU fan on the subject of SU fans at yesterday's game

Frozen

2022 Cali Winner (Rushing Yards)
http://floridastate. /showmsg.asp?fid=1079&tid=171627264&mid=171627264&sid=1061&style=2

OMG!!! I thought I was at a Syracuse home game when I got there. There were a ton of Syracuse fans there and they kept coming. The upper decks were full of them and there were a number in the lower bowl. Thankfully none near us. Not that they were obnoxious or anything. But is was disappointing that on senior day that in my estimation 1/4 of the place at least were Orange fans (and God I hate that color).

EDIT: It's a Ryvals forum, so you have to finagle your way around that on the link.

I lived in SW FL for a year and vacationed there a lot with family and the amount of retired new yorkers there was startling. Florida is the orange state not the sunshine state...

Tidbits to digest. Some retired teachers from JD met for a lunch in Orlando recently. Some reside here and others are "snowbirds". Only half were able to come. There were 9 attending. Thats just from JD for gods sake. I know many try to attend any SU games in the state.

I/we have been to several SU basketball games since moving to Sarasota 5 & 1/2 years ago. Each game was close to 50% SU fans. This includes the SEC BigEast game vs Florida. And they brought several buses full of students and only matched our fans in attendance.

Its just amazing and I absolutely love it.

Not surprised, except where the person mentioned that the SU fans weren't obnoxious. Usually, that's all the opposition can talk about instead of how embarrassing it is that their arena gets taken over. So kudos to this guy/gal for keeping that out of the equation.

Tidbits to digest. Some retired teachers from JD met for a lunch in Orlando recently. Some reside here and others are "snowbirds". Only half were able to come. There were 9 attending. Thats just from JD for gods sake. I know many try to attend any SU games in the state.

I/we have been to several SU basketball games since moving to Sarasota 5 & 1/2 years ago. Each game was close to 50% SU fans. This includes the SEC BigEast game vs Florida. And they brought several buses full of students and only matched our fans in attendance.

Its just amazing and I absolutely love it.

It's amazing how many central New Yorkers are itching to get out of CNY. It's a wonder that more don't realize that they don't have to wait for retirement to leave.

Not surprised to have a big turnout of Orange in Florida, but Tallahassee is barely Florida. It's the deep south, in the panhandle, closer to Mobile AL than to Orlando, and a good 7 hour drive from South Florida. So, that's makes the showing even more impressive!

I didn't see any obnoxious SU fans yesterday. Maybe because it was a Sunday afternoon game? Low on beer?
The impressive thing that keeps occurring at ACC arenas in the south is the welcoming attitude of the home teams. Yesterday I had two FSU fans come up and welcome me and say they hoped we would enjoy the game and the stay in Tallahassee. Same thing at Wake Forest and others have talked about other southern locations.
Hard to get upset with folks like that.
The one exception were the two FSU fans in the upper deck against the rail. These were guys well into their 30s who were doing the tomahawk chop and standing in front of some SU fans. I'm surprised that they didn't meet with a threat to go over the rail. Oh, they left with about 4 minutes left in the game when things weren't working out well for them. LOL

It's amazing how many central New Yorkers are itching to get out of CNY. It's a wonder that more don't realize that they don't have to wait for retirement to leave.
Hated the cold and hated the taxes. Loved the education my kids received. For that alone it was worth it. When our last one graduated from Penn, we had already bought a lot in Florida and had a builder in business on our new home. No regrets what-so-ever bringing them up in Syracuse. They are all diehard SU fanatics. Also no regrets in leaving at the soonest reasonable moment. We are all still SU fanatics and the kids feel like its a resort spa when they come to visit.

We are truly blessed!

I love living in upstate. It's not perfect by any means. The taxes are outrageous and winter lasts far too long, but I've lived in the south and decided to move back. Spring, summer and fall in upstate New York makes winter bearable for me. Yes I'm typing this in Florida because this awful winter got to me, but I'll be back.

Hated the cold and hated the taxes. Loved the education my kids received. For that alone it was worth it. When our last one graduated from Penn, we had already bought a lot in Florida and had a builder in business on our new home. No regrets what-so-ever bringing them up in Syracuse. They are all diehard SU fanatics. Also no regrets in leaving at the soonest reasonable moment. We are all still SU fanatics and the kids feel like its a resort spa when they come to visit.

We are truly blessed!

Heading to Siesta Key in about a month. Love that whole area. You are blessed indeed.

I loved living in CNY...wish the winter was 2 months shorter and 10-15 degrees warmer though. Summers were the best. I spent my career flying on jets/props for the USAF and have lived in IN, TX, CA and FL.

I bought a small camp about an hour north of Cuse...so my post work plan is to summer in NY (May to early Oct) and winter in the Tampa Bay area. Sarasota Paul is telling me to check out Sarasota too. I like the Ft Myers area too (currently a lot of house for the $$$)...but wife thinks it is too far south. Not sure about the east side of FL...I'm a simple person and not into show...I think the west coast of FL is more my speed. Looking to make the FL plunge in about 12-18 months.

I heard two LGO chants and only one time do I recall them getting a full on war yell (or whatever the chanting/chopping is called). Cooney promptly stopped that.

Not surprised to have a big turnout of Orange in Florida, but Tallahassee is barely Florida. It's the deep south, in the panhandle, closer to Mobile AL than to Orlando, and a good 7 hour drive from South Florida. So, that's makes the showing even more impressive!

Definitely banjo country. And absolutely nothing like most non-Floridians think of when they think of Florida.

Pretty soon my parents will be retiring to Fla, for about 2-3 months to start anyway. That pretty much means two weeks of my winters will be down there too. Hopefully we play at FSU and Miami every year. Can we get home and home's with them? ;)

Well in all fairness we are on our spring break(currently finishing up grad school at FSU). This had a lot to do with why SU fans out numbered FSU fans yesterday. Although I am not sure if the turn out would been much better, I bet it would have been closer to 50/50. Nobody really cares about basketball here. Its the deep south and football is king. Anyways guess I am good luck, 2-2 both being blow out wins. I caught the Nova game how I was home over break.

Not surprised, except where the person mentioned that the SU fans weren't obnoxious. Usually, that's all the opposition can talk about instead of how embarrassing it is that their arena gets taken over. So kudos to this guy/gal for keeping that out of the equation.

I don't see FSU fans being as thin-skinned and "genteel" as some of our friends in other Southern schools that find our harsh Yankee ways to be simply appalling.

I don't see FSU fans being as thin-skinned and "genteel" as some of our friends in other Southern schools that find our harsh Yankee ways to be simply appalling.
I think the only ones that fit that description are the Wolfies. They are in a conspiracy laden world of their own. They also still hate us for taking over their arena two years ago.

I think the only ones that fit that description are the Wolfies. They are in a conspiracy laden world of their own. They also still hate us for taking over their arena two years ago.

Louisville fans are like that. I was surrounded by them at the BET last year. They were polite to a fault, and seemed genuinely hurt that our fans booed the Cards when they took the floor. They also were super gracious after the game.

This guy is pretty much spot on. It was awesome to see so many SU fans at the game yesterday. When we got there, there were several tailgates going on but no FSU. On the way walking, there were several FSU fans who were in awe and said, wow you guys have lots of fan support and make us look bad. I said SU b-ball is huge and hope that we aren't disappointed today.

Thanks to AirForceOrange (Sean) who got a bunch of us seats. We had a nice corner in the upper right corner opposite of the FSU bench. We had a few LGO chants, one in the 1st half when when SU got up 8, then the second half after TC nailed a few threes, then J. Grant had the one and one play. FSU fans were getting pretty quiet and could sense that they were about to smell defeat. Lots of them started filing out with a few minutes to play while a bunch of us started giving the guys a standing ovation.

Hope to get that way again if they play FSU in hoops. It was nice meeting Paul from Clearwater and another guy from Orlando who sat next to me that was originally from Binghamton. He was very proud of the photo he showed which was a pix of him and GMac. The night before while he and his family were eating dinner one of them noticed GMac. He was able to go up to him, shake his hand, and get a pix with him.

This guy is pretty much spot on. It was awesome to see so many SU fans at the game yesterday. When we got there, there were several tailgates going on but no FSU. On the way walking, there were several FSU fans who were in awe and said, wow you guys have lots of fan support and make us look bad. I said SU b-ball is huge and hope that we aren't disappointed today.

Thanks to AirForceOrange (Sean) who got a bunch of us seats. We had a nice corner in the upper right corner opposite of the FSU bench. We had a few LGO chants, one in the 1st half when when SU got up 8, then the second half after TC nailed a few threes, then J. Grant had the one and one play. FSU fans were getting pretty quiet and could sense that they were about to smell defeat. Lots of them started filing out with a few minutes to play while a bunch of us started giving the guys a standing ovation.

Hope to get that way again if they play FSU in hoops. It was nice meeting Paul from Clearwater and another guy from Orlando who sat next to me that was originally from Binghamton. He was very proud of the photo he showed which was a pix of him and GMac. The night before while he and his family were eating dinner one of them noticed GMac. He was able to go up to him, shake his hand, and get a pix with him.

Of course some bad fans cancelled out and sold their tickets...hopefully Cusester repped for me in Tally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom