FSU fan on the subject of SU fans at yesterday's game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

FSU fan on the subject of SU fans at yesterday's game

This reminded me that I hadn't updated the map in a few years. May redo the whole thing at some point, since I'm way better at paint now.

Biam_I3CcAADWi4.jpg

I loved my 4 years on the hill, but after those brutal winters I swore I would never live where it snowed again. It's been nine years and besides a 15 month stint living on the upper east side of manhattan I've been true to my word - lived in Bermuda, Malibu, and now Cayman. No, I still don't miss the snow, not even for a second.

This reminded me that I hadn't updated the map in a few years. May redo the whole thing at some point, since I'm way better at paint now.

Biam_I3CcAADWi4.jpg

I was living in Melbourne, FL in 1996 for the FF run, several businesses had pro Syracuse messages on their signs. That is the east central coast. I'm willing to color it orange on your map. Also during the time I lived there Heids opened a store in Orlando. When I went in there and ordered chocolate milk with my dogs, they kinda got this look and said "so you're from Syracuse..." In my book that makes O town part of the empire.

Louisville fans are like that. I was surrounded by them at the BET last year. They were polite to a fault, and seemed genuinely hurt that our fans booed the Cards when they took the floor. They also were super gracious after the game.
Louisville fans are my favorite opposing fanbase. Had some great conversations with them at the Final Four last year.

I didn't see any obnoxious SU fans yesterday. Maybe because it was a Sunday afternoon game? Low on beer?
The impressive thing that keeps occurring at ACC arenas in the south is the welcoming attitude of the home teams. Yesterday I had two FSU fans come up and welcome me and say they hoped we would enjoy the game and the stay in Tallahassee. Same thing at Wake Forest and others have talked about other southern locations.
Hard to get upset with folks like that.
The one exception were the two FSU fans in the upper deck against the rail. These were guys well into their 30s who were doing the tomahawk chop and standing in front of some SU fans. I'm surprised that they didn't meet with a threat to go over the rail. Oh, they left with about 4 minutes left in the game when things weren't working out well for them. LOL

Great to read multiple real stories of this on this board alone to balance out some of the more manufactured or imagined feelings otherwise, while I'm sure they exist to some degree as they do in any sports. Most human beings are a lot more alike than we are different.

I loved my 4 years on the hill, but after those brutal winters I swore I would never live where it snowed again. It's been nine years and besides a 15 month stint living on the upper east side of manhattan I've been true to my word - lived in Bermuda, Malibu, and now Cayman. No, I still don't miss the snow, not even for a second.

Whatever your degree was in would have benefited me, as I'd love to live in warmer climes!

As for your screen name, I remember seeing one of them once. Actually it was probably an off-brand, but you get the picture.

My parents are snowbirds that live near Orlando. They've bumped into numerous CNY'ers since moving there and occasionally get together with friends and family from CNY that spend winters in Florida. I met my sister and her family (still live in CNY) for winter break at my parents for a week. We went to Disney a few days and saw at least 5 SU shirts each time we were there. Gave a received a few "Go 'Cuse" cheers while we were there. Just the other day while at Home Depot (here in Knoxville) I was wearing my Syracuse shirt and bumped into a couple that both went to SU and talked basketball for a minute. We are taking over the world.

Whatever your degree was in would have benefited me, as I'd love to live in warmer climes!

As for your screen name, I remember seeing one of them once. Actually it was probably an off-brand, but you get the picture.

Haha, the name has to do with my undergrad (Cuse) and grad (USC). Accounting and finance gives you a lot of flexibility on wherever you want to live.

Biam_I3CcAADWi4.jpg

You have to include the Naples/Fort Myers area in there. Might as well extend that our down the entire Florida gulf coast.

You have to include the Naples/Fort Myers area in there. Might as well extend that our down the entire Florida gulf coast.
As a fan in the Fort Myers area I can say I see a ton of Orange fans in the area. In fact one of the student's father, at the preschool I work at, is a diehard Orange fan and we talk basketball every single day.

I, too, love the Louisville fans. Of course, I am biased because I have the Louisville cousins. But at the BET and at the Final Four, the Ville fans were always calling out to us positive things to us. And we yelled friendly things back to them. I think it was a bonding experience because we were both going to be Strangers in a Strange Land and the Louisville fans were feeling grateful that we were going to the ACC.

Of course, there are always blowhard, obnoxious fans with any team, but - as my Louisville cousin is so fond of saying - you don't want to feather all fans with the same chicken!

I live in Orlando and we are chucked full of SU fans down here. Everywhere I go, I get stopped by someone about my hat or shirt. I see Cuse hats everywhere down here. Some are Alumnus, some grew up in upstate (like me, Manlius represent) and have been lifelong fans. I love going to any Syracuse game in FL. Every game I've been to in FL (it must be 5 or 6) , I have always been impressed with the amount of Orange in the arena. I'll miss playing USF; it was so close.

I live in Orlando and we are chucked full of SU fans down here. Everywhere I go, I get stopped by someone about my hat or shirt. I see Cuse hats everywhere down here. Some are Alumnus, some grew up in upstate (like me, Manlius represent) and have been lifelong fans. I love going to any Syracuse game in FL. Every game I've been to in FL (it must be 5 or 6) , I have always been impressed with the amount of Orange in the arena. I'll miss playing USF; it was so close.

The Captain welcomes you aboard!! You now have a 2:1 like to post ratio which will take me years to reach if I ever do. CNY represent!!!!!

Speaking of which, I know I am a bit of an outsider, but have you actually had orange beer?! I sometimes gather with an Alumi club here in Denver and would like to suggest such a thing if it's ever been done!! The board members know how I love my beer ;)

And you still got a high seed...just proves that the selection committee for SUFan Tournet is clueless...

We had guys in the Air Force like me with call signs (Nicknames) of Slick, Golden Boy, Lucky, etc...:)

TexanMark said:
We had guys in the Air Force like me with call signs (Nicknames) of Slick, Golden Boy, Lucky, etc...:)

Yeah i worked for pilots before. Learned that F-16 pilots get kind of upset when you refer to their plane as a lawn dart and accuse them of having engine envy over F-15 pilots...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom