FSU Fires Taggart / Hires Mike Norvell | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Fires Taggart / Hires Mike Norvell

He should have stayed at USF.

You must work for free. (the irony of the amount of time you put in here "working" for free is not lost on me;))

These guys can always step backwards and make hundreds of thousands as coordinators or position coaches. Oregon and FSU type gigs only open up so often. Man's 43 and just made about a cool $20 mil. That's multi-generational wealth.

To fire the guy in 1 1/2 years is absurd

Especially since, according to 24-7, FSU has the 16th-ranked recruiting class nationally this year, and the #2-ranked class in the ACC. Whoever they bring in has their work cut out to save that class.

Dino to FSU?
Image result for pee wee herman laughing gif

(wouldn't shock me)

Dino to FSU?
If we 6-3 I could see it.
Dino would kill it at Florida State.
However if FSU is going to blow thru 17 million their boosters clearly have someone we aren’t thinking about.

CBS is saying Bob Stoops is the guy to watch.
I can’t see him coming back to college and Lincoln Riley could leave for the NFL he could get that job back.

I would gauge interest from Briles OC and Clement OL
If we hired Briles as our OC, Clements will probably follow him here. Dino. Briles and Clements coached together at Baylor and Clements has been Briles’ OL the past 2 years.

Briles incidentally has coached QBs since 2015. That would be a role he would also likely fill if he came here. Both these guys are Texas guys through and through. If Dino wants dual threat QBs, Texas is the epicenter of that universe.

Methinks the Tallahassee climate fits Urban’s health issues to a tee.
If Pope Urban Meyer is coming out of retirement USC is the spot.
Florida State would tarnish his Florida Legacy where he can still make money off speeches/endorsements with Florida fans.
However if any college football coach could pull a Pitino I guess Meyer wouldn’t be the worst pick.

If we hired Briles as our OC, Clements will probably follow him here. Dino. Briles and Clements coached together at Baylor and Clements has been Briles’ OL the past 2 years.
And I believe they are solid recruiters

Briles incidentally has coached QBs since 2015. That would be a role he would also likely fill if he came here. Both these guys are Texas guys through and through. If Dino wants dual threat QBs, Texas is the epicenter of that universe.
I don't know about Briles...he may not be "untainted" enough for SU to hire. The culture of FSU is a different thing from SU.

If Pope Urban Meyer is coming out of retirement USC is the spot.
Florida State would tarnish his Florida Legacy where he can still make money off speeches/endorsements with Florida fans.
However if any college football coach could pull a Pitino I guess Meyer wouldn’t be the worst pick.

Probably true about Urban & SC.

I wonder if the Urban/USC smoke signals got a few FSU boosters skittish enough to force Taggart’s firing to explore all options (including Meyer).

I don't know about Briles...he may not be "untainted" enough for SU to hire. The culture of FSU is a different thing from SU.
Who do you think would have an issue with him?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom