FSU Fires Taggart / Hires Mike Norvell | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Fires Taggart / Hires Mike Norvell

If we hired Briles as our OC, Clements will probably follow him here. Dino. Briles and Clements coached together at Baylor and Clements has been Briles’ OL the past 2 years.

Briles incidentally has coached QBs since 2015. That would be a role he would also likely fill if he came here. Both these guys are Texas guys through and through. If Dino wants dual threat QBs, Texas is the epicenter of that universe.

It makes logical sense for this to happen probably too much sense lol. What would Dino do with Lynch? Would Briles come for CO-OC and QB coach. Lynch CO-OC and ?? Clements OL coach. Like I said on paper this makes so much sense.

Do those changes and bring in Ash as DC.

Who do you think would have an issue with him?
If the question is, "Who do you think MIGHT have an issue with him?", I'd start with the Chancellor. And if Syverud has an issue, so does ADJW.

I really have no idea if he is far enough removed from the scandals that occurred. But that's who I'd answer your question with.

It makes logical sense for this to happen probably too much sense lol. What would Dino do with Lynch? Would Briles come for CO-OC and QB coach. Lynch CO-OC and ?? Clements OL coach. Like I said on paper this makes so much sense.

Do those changes and bring in Ash as DC.
Do what bama and Clemson do and create extra analyst spots. We can have 80 Coaches as well

I don't know about Briles...he may not be "untainted" enough for SU to hire. The culture of FSU is a different thing from SU.
Very possible. This would be a hire not in keeping with standard operating procedures at Syracuse. I was surprised when Willie was allowed to hire him at FSU.

If we bring in a new OC though, I think he almost has to be from the Baylor coaching tree. He is the most likely guy. I think Montgomery might well get fired at Tulsa. If that happens, I think he is going to have opportunities to at least be an OC in Texas, or places like that close to home.

Dino reported to him at Baylor. Would he be willing to work under Dino? How well work they work together? I haven’t been able to find much indicating Phil and Dino were friends and Phil hired a couple of Dino’s assistants away from him. I suspect they might not be very friendly right now.

If the question is, "Who do you think MIGHT have an issue with him?", I'd start with the Chancellor. And if Syverud has an issue, so does ADJW.

I really have no idea if he is far enough removed from the scandals that occurred. But that's who I'd answer your question with.
Yeah, those are some of the few with an opinion that would actually matter.

I have a hard time envisioning strong enough public sentiment swaying anything here.

If we 6-3 I could see it.
Dino would kill it at Florida State.
However if FSU is going to blow thru 17 million their boosters clearly have someone we aren’t thinking about.
Their fans would throw a fit if they hired a guy that has a losing record in 3 of his last 4 seasons.

I am more worried that Kendall Briles will think he is too good for Syracuse rather than worrying about any blowback from Syracuse hiring him.
The kid has an ego.

Who do you think would have an issue with him?
Maybe the administration of SU.
Yeah, those are some of the few with an opinion that would actually matter.

I have a hard time envisioning strong enough public sentiment swaying anything here.
AS orange79 stated the SU administration is who I was thinking of also. And I was also thinking about why a particular prospect never made it to campus.

Maybe the administration of SU.

AS orange79 stated the SU administration is who I was thinking of also. And I was also thinking about why a particular prospect never made it to campus.
Who set passing records at Hawaii?

According to legend, he was set to come here from Juco and was denied by Nancy Cantor

The rest is history

We had Taj Smith and Mike Williams as receivers then
No. I was thinking about Briles and Baylor.

Dunno. I would think if Dino was good and if Wildhack was good, that the Chancellor would trust those opinions. He certainly might pressure test those opinions within a select group but my guess would be he would leave it to them. If there was a record of poor judgement that may be a different case. There isn’t, to the contrary I would wager that Wildhack has developed some excellent credibility to date with the Chancellor.

You must work for free. (the irony of the amount of time you put in here "working" for free is not lost on me;))

These guys can always step backwards and make hundreds of thousands as coordinators or position coaches. Oregon and FSU type gigs only open up so often. Man's 43 and just made about a cool $20 mil. That's multi-generational wealth.
Wait a minute...are you saying I need to "Get a Life". ;)

That is a random name from bills history, had forgotten him

If my memory serves me correctly, he was the first "Plan B" (remember that?) free agent signing in franchise history

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom