FSU Fires Taggart / Hires Mike Norvell | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Fires Taggart / Hires Mike Norvell

Firing Taggart now is what is BS.
They fire him after the season they atleast have him a chance.
They embarrassed the guy and that is wrong
They aren’t going to get a better coach than Mark Stoopes to take that job.

Less than 2 years isn’t fair.
He wasn’t GRob. Jimbo left a mess.

Florida struggled post Meyer they fInally got stability with Mullen.
It’s amazing how much stunting of elite coaches Bill Belichick has done to the pro game and Nick Saban has done to Alabama.
Whatever Clemson is paying Dabo isn’t enough. He is the only guy to not get crushed by the Bama boulder active. Urban Meyer is the only other guy.

PJ Fleck is interesting, as from something said in an interview some think he is getting ready to leave Minnie. But I don't see the culture at FSU as a fit for him.

Firing Taggart now is what is BS.
They fire him after the season they atleast have him a chance.
They embarrassed the guy and that is wrong
They aren’t going to get a better coach than Mark Stoopes to take that job.

Less than 2 years isn’t fair.
He wasn’t GRob. Jimbo left a mess.

Florida struggled post Meyer they fInally got stability with Mullen.
It’s amazing how much stunting of elite coaches Bill Belichick has done to the pro game and Nick Saban has done to Alabama.
Whatever Clemson is paying Dabo isn’t enough. He is the only guy to not get crushed by the Bama boulder active. Urban Meyer is the only other guy.

It's the new recruiting realities. If they can grab a name guy (and they think they can, FSI is a top 10 college job) - the class might be salvaged.

Didn’t see this posted. Have at it...

I'd put money on Bobby Bowden before Dino.

They aren't hiring the guy who Taggart just beat easily.

Dino isn't going to a school that just fired their coach after 1.5 seasons.

I think FSU is going to find more people saying they are quite comfortable where they are than they're ready for. They've turned this job into a losing battle. I think they need more of a house cleaning.

I’m not even thinking about that. Just noting how utterly and completely insane it is that an academic institution recruited people to pony up nearly $20 million so they can hire a different sports coach. College athletics is a pit of nonsense.
I think they should let that group of alums coach the team.

Which one in NC, just so I know not to get in trouble there. ;)
I am talking federal bench so it would be appointed. I hate the state elects judges. It has too much effect on the judge's decisions.
Judicial branch shouldn't be political but its becoming it. I practice in Mecklenburg and Gaston mainly.

Didn’t see this posted. Have at it...
Matt Campbell's buyout is larger than Taggart's. I don't see FSU able to pay nearly 40 million in buyouts and then pay top salary.

Fleck's buyout is less than half of Campbell's. Much easier to win big at FSU than Minnesota.

Also much easier to win big at FSU than at Kentucky.

Does Bob Stoops want back in college coaching? If so, FSU would be a great place to try to win a 2nd National Championship as HC.

If Mike Norvell isn't waiting on the Arkansas job, he could be the young up and comer ready to hit the ground running in Tallahassee.

Matt Campbell's buyout is larger than Taggart's. I don't see FSU able to pay nearly 40 million in buyouts and then pay top salary.

Fleck's buyout is less than half of Campbell's. Much easier to win big at FSU than Minnesota.

Also much easier to win big at FSU than at Kentucky.

Does Bob Stoops want back in college coaching? If so, FSU would be a great place to try to win a 2nd National Championship as HC.

If Mike Norvell isn't waiting on the Arkansas job, he could be the young up and comer ready to hit the ground running in Tallahassee.
According to some accounts the boosters/fans raised the 20 million to pay Taggart's buyout.

I'd put money on Bobby Bowden before Dino.

They aren't hiring the guy who Taggart just beat easily.

Dino isn't going to a school that just fired their coach after 1.5 seasons.

I think FSU is going to find more people saying they are quite comfortable where they are than they're ready for. They've turned this job into a losing battle. I think they need more of a house cleaning.
Dino isnt going anywhere with the “it’s going to take three years to build an underbelly” schtick. Win immediately is the new normal. The Taggart thing had to send shock waves through coaching community. Dino has it good here and I think we have him for a while. And that’s ok

Dino isnt going anywhere with the “it’s going to take three years to build an underbelly” schtick. Win immediately is the new normal. The Taggart thing had to send shock waves through coaching community. Dino has it good here and I think we have him for a while. And that’s ok
It's more than that. The win now and win big or fire the coach mentality isn't isolated. Right now at Texas, although he is winning, the fans are calling for the head of Tom Herman because they don't like how they are winning. Not dominating their opponents. Winning games that are too close in fans minds. They are still living in the Mack Brown era. Maybe FSU should rehire Bowden.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom