FSU Fires Taggart / Hires Mike Norvell | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Fires Taggart / Hires Mike Norvell

Looks like it's Stoops
"Along with Stoops taking over as head coach, sources said that Kendal Briles will remain on staff as offensive coordinator, while Jim Leavitt would be retained as defensive coordinator. The source went on to say that with keeping Briles on staff as offensive coordinator, it could turn into a head coach in waiting role. Stoops is 59, would want to groom a successor before he retires"

I do not look forward to playing a stoops/briles offense regularly.

"Along with Stoops taking over as head coach, sources said that Kendal Briles will remain on staff as offensive coordinator, while Jim Leavitt would be retained as defensive coordinator. The source went on to say that with keeping Briles on staff as offensive coordinator, it could turn into a head coach in waiting role. Stoops is 59, would want to groom a successor before he retires"

So, the problem lied solely with Taggart, and not Briles and/or Leavitt? Oooooooookay. :confused:

Grooming, eh?

I think Briles got some experience with that at Baylor.

So much for that 'Stoops To Conquer' hed.

BTW, three decommits from FSU so far. Only one, Jaylon Knighton, with an SU offer, although we were not a finalist.

That was quick.

If the other Stoops turns it down, that would be telling as to the mess FSU created for itself.
Bob Stoops has a coaching job in the XFL (Dallas team) starting in a few months. I wonder if he really just want a relaxing part-time job like that instead of the stress of being at FSU with expectations

worst case you have to imagine they wind up with Lane Kiffin who has reinvented himself into a respectable almost likeable guy at this point. I don't see Leach taking it.

This cracked me up.

It was hilarious reading the comments of the FSU fans who thought that was real.

C'mon, people. Then again, Florida.
1573043061512.gif

Thank baby jesus Stoops wont be the next HC.

man would’ve guaranteed this would be Les if you asked me two months ago

Now that Trump is a Florida resident they should hire him as HC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom