FSU LSU thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

FSU LSU thread

Temporary gain at the possible expense of a higher draft stock no?
It's their life choice, they have family and advisers. Syracuse has to play money ball and get guys from smaller schools who are as good or close. And they doing that and the depth is looking better.

Looks like Lsu is playing 5 DBs. So when Duce came in on 3rd and long it was as a 6th DB.

So Duce Chestnut goes from a starter at a P5 school to a backup at a P5 school. Makes sense.

Hope that one year of NIL money makes up for the lost wages you could have potentially had if you stayed and got drafted.

Garrett Williams was drafted in the 3rd round. Signed a 4-year, $5.6M contract. Over a million guaranteed.

Chestnut does have two years left... but if he isn't starting as a junior, who is to say he is going to start next year with all of the 5-star talent LSU brings in.
Ultimately to me this is the sad part from a Cuse fan perspective.

We've had a nice run of DB draft picks, and certainly would have continued with Chestnut and Carter.

Now, it still may with the fine athletes we have replaced them with, but to me, these guys were almost certainly going to be All ACC level performers and get drafted in the 3rd-6th round range.

Win for them, win for the fans, win for the program, win for recruiting.

Now, they may get buried and not only lose out on accolades, but future earnings potential as well.

Lose for them, lose for the fans, lose for the program (possible future donations)

They keep taunting helmet to helmet at the end of plays. Keep throwing the flag on these punks.
Sit behind the visitor bench at dome. They were the worst of any road team last year. Not surprised.

They keep taunting helmet to helmet at the end of plays. Keep throwing the flag on these punks.
The incompletion in the EZ could very well have been another personal foul on the FSU safety

I guess I’m just a simpleton. I root for the players who are playing for Cuse. Players like Duce and Ja’ Had made a choice beneficial to them and that’s their prerogative. I don’t wish them ill will or hope they get injured. They took advantage of the system that’s in place. I just have no desire to watch them and root for them at their new destinations. Maybe that makes me an ass, I don’t know. I would like to see LSU blowout FSU, even though Brian Kelly can eat a bag of, well, you know.

I don't have a problem with LSU going for it right there on 4th and a half yard. But they definitely should have taken the points on that first possession of the game.

I guess I’m just a simpleton. I root for the players who are playing for Cuse. Players like Duce and Ja’ Had made a choice beneficial to them and that’s their prerogative. I don’t wish them ill will or hope they get injured. They took advantage of the system that’s in place. I just have no desire to watch them and root for them at their new destinations. Maybe that makes me an ass, I don’t know. I would like to see LSU blowout FSU, even though Brian Kelly can eat a bag of, well, you know.
Same. Once a guy leaves SU, I don’t care. I don’t wish them ill. I just don’t have the time to follow them. Or care.

OMFG didn't LSU muff punts last year too?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom