FSU Postgame Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Postgame Thread

Reading about FloridaFan trying to score last night(someone had to, it sure wasn’t our Offense at the goal line to end the game when Dino had timeouts…) and NY Mills food recommendations are the only things cheering me up after last nights loss.

Allen played one series and averaged 6.3 ypc and only had 14 less yards than Tucker...

Also where to go for chicken riggies? I usually go to Teddy’s but tried that place in Oneida last time and was good

Reading about FloridaFan trying to score last night(someone had to, it sure wasn’t our Offense at the goal line to end the game when Dino had timeouts…) and NY Mills food recommendations are the only things cheering me up after last nights loss.

Allen played one series and averaged 6.3 ypc and only had 14 less yards than Tucker...

Also where to go for chicken riggies? I usually go to Teddy’s but tried that place in Oneida last time and was good
Just asked my family and got Bella Regina’s or Georgios as the two best. As for the first part of the comment I’d like to say I probably got closer to scoring then our first string offense did heh

Just asked my family and got Bella Regina’s or Georgios as the two best. As for the first part of the comment I’d like to say I probably got closer to scoring then our first string offense did heh
Thanks I’ll check them out when I’m up next month and good luck with the Flag Guard girl !

I love Coach White; my question would be, who would he bring in to run the offense?
The Dome is made for high octane offenses; this person would need to be a very good recruiter to get the quality talent to execute the game plan!
Anae and Beck? It’s not like White would be trying to put his hands in their cookie jar. I think Bob likes being left along based on the recent history.

Yeah, I highly doubt Anae is back next season. I think there is a real chance ADJW cuts Dino because of how he has mismanaged the staff. It’s a sinking ship.
When things are good, they're never as good as you think they are.

When things are bad, they're never as bad as you think they are.

I can see Anae getting the axe, but not Dino.

Either way, if our recruiting of linemen doesn't improve, we won't improve.

Last edited:
I am really confused what Dino does during the game other than watch stone-faced.
If someone doesn’t get Tucker the ball more or doesn’t call a TO quickly, it’s someone else who is responsible.
He puts his hands on his thighs and leans over parallel to the line of scrimmage a lot and watches for tendencies to indicate owies.

Anae and Beck? It’s not like White would be trying to put his hands in their cookie jar. I think Bob likes being left along based on the recent history.
Bob doesnt take any crap from anyone and that includes Dino who most likely got involved and has screwed things up

I think it would be wise to cut out losses with HCDB and give Tony White a chance as Head Coach. He may not get an opportunity as a head coach next year, however it is bound to happen sooner rather than later. I am really surprised he has kept this defense as focused as he has considering how many three and outs the offense has produced. This way we wouldn’t lose any momentum on the defensive side of recruiting and consistency. It would be interesting to see who he would bring in to run the offense, but aside from losing Sellers, Daniels and Parkman, I would be willing to gamble on what is to come.

Last edited:
I like Anae but he is not Lincoln Riley. If we gave him some deal that he didn't have to answer to the Head Coach...that is crazy, and I think Dino is awful. We are so beat down as a fan base in terms of good things happening that we over inflate improvements just to give us some silver lining. The jury is still out for me on Anae but if he bolts or is sent packing the program could replace him.

I wouldn’t be surprised that Dino’s ego is out of place. During the
first six games, Anae was getting props from the national media for the vast offensive improvements and was getting credit for the improvement with Shrader. This is not the same play calling we saw earlier in the season. No imagination or aggressiveness.

I know it’s a hard balance being loyal to players while staying competitive each week. Having said that, it was clear after 3-4 series that Shrader didn’t have it, couldn’t plant his leg when throwing etc. At that point, where it’s seemingly obvious to anyone watching it’s time for a change, I am disappointed we didn’t pull him. It’s telling the team we are giving up to a degree and I can imagine the players were very frustrated. I know CDRW struggled last week but just the threat of a healthy player who can throw the ball downfield tells your guys you aren’t giving up. Just my opinion.

Probably didn't help that he publicly threw Anae under the bus after the Clemson game
Aight. Someone needs to fill me in on this stuff... too depressed to watch post game..

I know it’s a hard balance being loyal to players while staying competitive each week. Having said that, it was clear after 3-4 series that Shrader didn’t have it, couldn’t plant his leg when throwing etc. At that point, where it’s seemingly obvious to anyone watching it’s time for a change, I am disappointed we didn’t pull him. It’s telling the team we are giving up to a degree and I can imagine the players were very frustrated. I know CDRW struggled last week but just the threat of a healthy player who can throw the ball downfield tells your guys you aren’t giving up. Just my opinion.
I just do not understand it.

Yeah, I highly doubt Anae is back next season. I think there is a real chance ADJW cuts Dino because of how he has mismanaged the staff. It’s a sinking ship.
Like I said fire Dino and hire Bronco then Anae, and Beck can run the offense and White the defense.
A win win all the way, a CEO for the team who doesn't get in his Assistant coaches way.

Plenty of ridiculous comments in this thread. And not an ounce of proof of any of it. Just mindless stuff.

When things are good, they're never as good as you think they are.

When things are bad, they're never as bad as you think they are.

I can see Anae getting the axe, but not Dino.

Either way, if our recruiting of linemen doesn't improve, we won't improve.
If Anae goes so does Beck, Dino needs to be the one let go.

If Anae goes so does Beck, Dino needs to be the one let go.

Didn't we hire Beck before Anae? I could swear I read that somewhere, or Dino said it in an interview.

I don't think they're tied at the hip. What if Beck was promoted to OC/QB coach?

I'm not saying this is happening, but I just think Beck will look out for himself.

Didn't we hire Beck before Anae? I could swear I read that somewhere, or Dino said it in an interview.

I don't think they're tied at the hip. What if Beck was promoted to OC/QB coach?

I'm not saying this is happening, but I just think Beck will look out for himself.
Dino is the problem, he got replaced as an OC, and his system doesn't work.
He needs to be gone, and let Anae and Beck who have actually had success run the offense.
If Dino stays he will continue to meddle in the offense and nothing will change.

He needs to be gone, and let Anae and Beck who have actually had success run the offense.
If Dino stays he will continue to meddle in the offense and nothing will change.

Is Dino meddling with the offense? How do you know this?

I am glad he is here but people are overstating how good Anae is. In conference games, only 1 out of 6 seasons was UVA in the Top half of the ACC in total yards. Scoring O they were 10th or worse 4 of 6 seasons. This season we are dead last in total O and tied for 11th in scoring O.

BTW Dino's O was better in total yards in 2016, 2017, 2018, and basically the same in 2019. In scoring O he was better in 2016, 2017, and 2018 as well.

I just do not understand it.

You can’t. DB has so many years of FB experience he couldn’t possibly explain it to you. All decisions are the right ones b/c he’s done football for so long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom