FSU Postgame Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Postgame Thread

Doesn't make sense. Early in the year it looked so tight.

What happened?
I don’t have anything solid, but I think there is a lot that will come out about Tucker and some of the agreements that were made after is safely in the NFL and Dino is on his way. There’s a reason he kept playing hurt and no other RBs were getting run.

I think Schmidt is chafing in this offense with his blocking scheme. Honestly, I am wondering if Anae is trying to force an offense onto a team that simply does not have the personnel to execute. I think Johnson, McCloud, and Schmidt might all be chafing against Anae and Beck. Anae is known for being very difficult to work with.

The other thing to consider is that Dino is an offensive minded coach and this scheme is very far from his veer and shoot hurry up. Anae was practically forced on the team by ADJW, is it surprising there are problems?

Again, I’m not in the know and just reading between the lines. Injuries on offense have mostly been limited to Tucker and Schrader which hurts, but does not result in what we have been seeing on the field over the past 5.5 games. The OL returned all but Servais and dropped off a cliff. The WR room went from bad to non-exsistent. Tucker has been pedestrian outside a few moments even when healthy (he has been healthy at least the last three games).

I think there is an internal struggle for leadership of that offense and Dino is airing it a little. This is already bad and it feels like it’s just going to get worse.

Complete guess. DB felt he had to be involved in something and tried to implement his offensive prowess into the equation. This offense has looked nothing like what Anae was running the first 1/3 of season.
Dino might see the writing on the wall and by screwing up Dr. B/forcing him out somehow in his mind create some type of leverage for himself.

Who knows. What i do know is that Dino has had more opportunities than any coach in the history of Syracuse Athletics. He has been provided with more resources than any coach in the history of Syracuse Athletics. He is the highest paid person in the history of Syracuse University.

Given these facts he is one of the biggest failures in the history of Syracuse Athletics.

He needs to go.

Coach sounds defeated. The offense has looked broken especially since half 2 of Clemson. There has to be something going on behind the scenes. This game is the first game all season where I saw Dino with a playsheet, I could be wrong but that is what I saw. We need at least 1 to 2 portal wr transfers as the ones we continue to run out there fail to get open. Even Orande has been slowed the last 2 games.

How can these guys continue to run an offense that calls for #47 and #81 to be involved in it? They are walking penalties and repeatedly get abused.

Not sure if anyone caught Cruz giving Mang the business after a bad sack.

115 yards of total offense.

From the Dino postgame conference it seems like there’s an internal disagreement regarding the offensive philosophy amongst the coaches.
I haven’t watched the presser yet, but consistently this year Dino has made comments that indicate he and the offensive staff aren’t kumbaya. I noticed it way back in September during some pressers. It just seemed odd for him to phrase things the way he did.

Post in thread 'ACC Network - Lots of Love For Cuse Football'
ACC Network - Lots of Love For Cuse Football

Last edited:
Complete guess. DB felt he had to be involved in something and tried to implement his offensive prowess into the equation. This offense has looked nothing like what Anae was running the first 1/3 of season.
Disagree. I think the offense is the exact same offense we saw against Louisville. Problem is the personnel is banged up and opponents have tape on us and have adjusted.

I mean, you only have to key on 3 players. It’s not hard to figure out.

Disagree. I think the offense is the exact same offense we saw against Louisville. Problem is the personnel is banged up and opponents have tape on us and have adjusted.

The last part I definitely agree with.

Yeah, we got some early success by changing the offensive game plan, Shrader throwing like a QB instead of a WR and the surprise emergence of Gadsden. We’ve been countered and Shrader can’t run anymore and we are too thin on talent (or too limited by imagination) to have any counter moves of our own.

I love Coach White; my question would be, who would he bring in to run the offense?
The Dome is made for high octane offenses; this person would need to be a very good recruiter to get the quality talent to execute the game plan!

he said tucker should never only have 5 carries in a game which is common sense
I am really confused what Dino does during the game other than watch stone-faced.
If someone doesn’t get Tucker the ball more or doesn’t call a TO quickly, it’s someone else who is responsible.

I love Coach White; my question would be, who would he bring in to run the offense?
The Dome is made for high octane offenses; this person would need to be a very good recruiter to get the quality talent to execute the game plan!
White would make an excellent coach. The issue with Dino is that hes never excelled on X and Oc on either side of the ball.
The positions he coached are typically given to good recruiters.

He failed miserably at his 4 game stint as an OC.
He isnt a strategies or in game talent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom