FSU President Barron | Syracusefan.com

FSU President Barron

Barron said he initially thought $50 million seemed high, but he pointed out that there are harsher consequences for leaving a conference such as the Big 12. That league now requires programs to grant their media rights to the conference for 13 years after they leave.

Yikes, that is harsh !

Barron said he initially thought $50 million seemed high, but he pointed out that there are harsher consequences for leaving a conference such as the Big 12. That league now requires programs to grant their media rights to the conference for 13 years after they leave.

Yikes, that is harsh !

Wow, how would any school leave the Big 12 at this point? Would your new conference give you a share of their money if they couldn't have your TV rights? Would they even want you if they couldn't have your TV rights, unless you were Texas or Oklahoma?

That's not good for the ACC if you believe one of the ACC or Big 12 will die soon.

Nobody in the Big 12 leaves unless Texas leaves because if Texas is gone, the whole conference will totally crumble and I imagine those contracts will become null and void with the whole conference being essentially disbanded.

...or it means that FSU is actually supporting a GOR now, which would be a huge win for the conference.

http://nolesports.tallahassee.com/article/20121119/FSU03/121119036/Barron-No-one-ACC-wringing-their-hands-over-Maryland-departure?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|frontpage&nclick_check=1

Sounds like FSU is comfortable, though Barron did say he will be monitoring any UMD legal challenge to the exit fee. Interesting.

There's the obvious reason of him monitoring what happens with the $50M.

Then there's the other reason to monitor it: Each school has close to $4M being handed to them, with no offsetting cost (at least directly). We should use it to break ground on the Randy Edsall Doesn't Work Here Indoor Football Facility.

I wouldn't believe a word coming outta any one of these guy's mouths.
My sense is he's doing what we did w/ WVU- let them fight the exit fee battle, then they swoop in for their discount.

Wow, how would any school leave the Big 12 at this point? Would your new conference give you a share of their money if they couldn't have your TV rights? Would they even want you if they couldn't have your TV rights, unless you were Texas or Oklahoma?

That's not good for the ACC if you believe one of the ACC or Big 12 will die soon.

I imagine there is a provision to dissolve the conference if a certain number of teams leave.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2