FSU vs The ACC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

FSU vs The ACC

There is no way whatsoever that failing to get selected by a third party for an event not controlled by the conference is a loophole to anything.

FSU wants to leave, fine the cost to withdraw is defined , they can find their checkbook

You're probably right but lawyers do lawyer things and looking at loopholes is what they do, especially for a 100 million dollar escape clause.

There is no way whatsoever that failing to get selected by a third party for an event not controlled by the conference is a loophole to anything.

FSU wants to leave, fine the cost to withdraw is defined , they can find their checkbook
FSU selling their soul to beg the SEC to let them come have a 10-2 ceiling is pretty goddamn funny if you ask me.

Everything about all of this is so ass-backwards.

I think leaving the ACC is a short-sighted mistake for FSU. If Jordan Travis doesn't get injured, they're 100% in. It didn't have anything to do with their conference. Their path to a playoff bid becomes much more challenging when they have to navigate an SEC schedule.
Of course it is.
They got their feelings hurt & in the process, wanna have a temper tantrum
What's the plan here? Announce you're leaving, file a lawsuit, then wait as it winds it's way through the system?
They're crying about money, but wanna spend even more money in a quixotic attempt to stay relevant?
The smart play is shore up the league, wait another 7-10 years, THEN work out a settlement more in line with reality.
Instead, they're acting like a spouse who announces "I want a divorce", and expects the response to be: "Ok, no worries. Take the house, the kids, the bank account, the pension, and best of luck to you"!
Yeah, riiiight.

IMG_7570.jpeg

Lawyers negotiated and wrote the document. The grounds for exiting and consequences will be very clear with no ambiguity.

There’s no loopholes.
Bingo. Their lawyers were PART OF THE PROCESS. They all reviewed it. They know it's sound. A judge won't look kindly on them trying to get out of a contract they were a party to drafting and reviewing. The notion that they can go, "Oops, there's a loophole now" is absurd.

If they thought there was another way, they wouldn't whine. They'd just do it. This is all a stunt to put pressure on the ACC to give them more money.

But the rest of the conference ADs know what it is and they don't care. If FSU had the money to pay to exit, the rest of the conference would gladly take the half billion and split it. I wish the media stopped giving FSU the attention it wants. There is ZERO chance FSU bails in the near future unless they somehow get the conference disbanded. Do they want a legal strategy to get the 500M reduced to 300m? I guess it's possible but how does that pencil out for them?

the SEC does NOT want FSU right now. And the Big Ten doesn't want them period.

They should focus on winning more and whining less.

Bingo. Their lawyers were PART OF THE PROCESS. They all reviewed it. They know it's sound. A judge won't look kindly on them trying to get out of a contract they were a party to drafting and reviewing. The notion that they can go, "Oops, there's a loophole now" is absurd.

If they thought there was another way, they wouldn't whine. They'd just do it. This is all a stunt to put pressure on the ACC to give them more money.

But the rest of the conference ADs know what it is and they don't care. If FSU had the money to pay to exit, the rest of the conference would gladly take the half billion and split it. I wish the media stopped giving FSU the attention it wants. There is ZERO chance FSU bails in the near future unless they somehow get the conference disbanded. Do they want a legal strategy to get the 500M reduced to 300m? I guess it's possible but how does that pencil out for them?

If I were on their BOT, I would propose they buy Powerball tickets.

A bias perpetuated in part by FSU and Clemson crying about the ACC.

Disney/ESPN would be a party to any litigation on the ACC side. If ESPN and the SEC were to collude with FSU to break the GOR, I would imagine that would be a pretty strong lawsuit against ESPN by the ACC. If Fox and the B1G collude with FSU, then there would likely be a tortious interference of contract claim. This seems like the FSU BOT doing something because they have to do something to appease their fans.
A very good point. They want their play on the field to speak for itself. But there’s more to conference success than just Ws and Ls.

Last edited:
I just don’t understand their stance. The ACC didn’t prevent them from making the playoffs. And their easiest way to future playoffs is through the ACC. Why sacrifice a half billion dollars and your TV exposure to weaken your position in college football?

I just don’t understand their stance. The ACC didn’t prevent them from making the playoffs. And their easiest way to future playoffs is through the ACC. Why sacrifice a half billion dollars and your TV exposure to weaken your position in college football?
Humans are irrational when we get emotional.

They're such babies, no way was the CFP going to allow another potential TCU like blowout for the NC two years in a row.. and that's exactly what could have potentially happened without Jordan Travis.

They can't be content with an ACC Championship and an Orange Bowl? Give me a break, no different than these Ohio State fans who were upset with McCord.

They're such babies, no way was the CFP going to allow another potential TCU like blowout for the NC two years in a row.. and that's exactly what could have potentially happened without Jordan Travis.

They can't be content with an ACC Championship and an Orange Bowl? Give me a break, no different than these Ohio State fans who were upset with McCord.
If Travis is healthy, they're in. What's the mystery here?
And the timing is stupid as well. Next year it's 12 teams getting in, and almost a guaranteed spot for any P5 team.
This is a money grab, plain and simple. They're looking to spend money, on the hopes of making B1G/SEC money...and they assume we're all too stupid to figure that out. Typical Fla Panhandle logic. :p

Don’t they have a bowl game against Georgia to play? Would love to see them lose to Georgia, a team reeling from major coaching changes etc.

They're gonna love Morganpatch, and Bum **** Iowa.

At this point, it's all likely some crazy boosters and crazy board members feeding these lines to the media.

"Oppenheimer-like"

<insert hardest eye roll of all time>

FSU would be a betting favorite to be one of the 12 teams next year. Easily. They have a highly ranked incoming class. They likely would have got rocked in the CFP, but because they got the shaft, their NIL like quadrupled. It's probably the best thing that happened to them.

So, 12 spots. Obviously the B10 and SEC are going to try to gobble up as many spots as they can. But, I doubt that between them they can get 8 spots. Is it crazy to think that the ACC could get 2 spots on most years? I would imagine FSU has a better shot at being top 2 in the ACC as opposed to top 4 in the SEC. What are they fighting for? Mediocrity in the SEC?

I really don’t get FSU’s POV here. The next 10 years they can either make ACC money competing against ACC teams or they can be in the SEC/B18 making the equivalent of ACC money competing against teams with a lot more money or they can be in the B12 making half ACC money competing against teams with more money. Seems clear which is the best choice.

I think the B1G would take them, I hope FSU gets blown out by Georgia. That would shut people up. It's ridiculous that they were left out, but they also weren't a top 4 team at the end of the year. The committee should have ranked them 9th because even that is generous without their 3rd string QB.

I just hope Kent and John are able to navigate a soft landing for us somewhere. I'd honestly love the Big 12. Basketball with Kansas and Arizona and a manageable football schedule every year where we'd be able to play Pitt and WVU every year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom