FSU wide receivers challenge school's handling of coronavirus | Syracusefan.com

FSU wide receivers challenge school's handling of coronavirus

longislandcuse

Living Legend
What is going on down there?

Second time under Norvell that there’s been a Twitter storm from the players.

Not that I’m blaming Norvell, but I think it speaks as to why that program can’t get their ish together. So much drama from a bunch of talented guys who never seem to be a cohesive “team” on the field.

I think there’s some there, there, in terms of trying to build a program and talent not being the end all, be all.

Anyway... for those that missed it.

A FSU WR tweets out a positive test. Then deletes it.

Another FSU WR tweets out a letter he wrote blasting FSU’s testing and transparency.

Tamarrion Terry tweets out something indicating he agrees.

Terry’s mom starts attacking Norvell on Twitter.

Norvell holds a press conference to try to clear everything up.

Marvin Wilson and multiple other players come to Norvell and FSU’s defense saying they feel safe and the protocols/transparency/testing have been on point.

Terry then 180’s and tweets agreement with Marvin Wilson’s post.

Last edited:

Not that I’m blaming Norvell, but I think it speaks as to why that program can’t get their ish together. So much drama from a bunch of talented guys who never seem to be a cohesive “team” on the field.

I think there’s some there, there, in terms of trying to build a program and talent not being the end all, be all.

Another FSU WR tweets out a letter he wrote blasting FSU’s testing and transparency.

Marvin Wilson and multiple other players come to Norvell and FSU’s defense saying they feel safe and the protocols/transparency/testing have been on point.

Terry then 180’s and tweets agreement with Marvin Wilson’s post...

Uh, ok...

There's a lesson here.

This is how you turn exceptional talent into a 6-6 program.

Don't be like Florida State.

Terry then 180’s and tweets agreement with Marvin Wilson’s post.

FSU has had sporadic player problems since Bowden got too old to discipline the program effectively. Jimbo had discipline back where it should be, and they won a National Championship. Then Jimbo craved the most money and wanted out and let discipline slip again. Taggert did not get it back. Norvell is being resisted - he ran a fairly tight ship at Memphis, and he knows that if he does not get control over the team all that talent will keep being wasted. Several players clearly prefer to act like spoiled girls than to help get the team where it could be.

Sounds like they need a few socially distant kumbaya meetings.

I know it's a joke, but there needs to be a larger conversation with the team. For those that are willing to undermine the program, they might need to be shown the door. Just doesn't pass the smell test when you have players openly contrasting each other on issues like this.

I believe SU is on the upswing with HCDB. HCDB has the Orange playing above their talent and is drawing better talent. I am O.K. with FSU self destructing, especially because they are in our division. At least until SU solidifies itself as a division contender.

Obviously any players expressing concerns over Covid safety are the troublemakers here. Why won’t they just shut up and dribble? (Wrong sport but same principle)

I'm not sure any school can take the higher ground on how they are handling everything. Seems like every school has players upset about it.

Obviously any players expressing concerns over Covid safety are the troublemakers here. Why won’t they just shut up and dribble? (Wrong sport but same principle)

No it isn't, but get your likes.

No it isn't, but get your likes.
Well anyone who is speaking up with concerns is "undermining the team" and needs to be shown the door according to some of us.