Fund raiser for Pearl Washington. Please read. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Fund raiser for Pearl Washington. Please read.

Awesome that the team is doing this! I'd pick one up if they sold these as part of the fundraising

Syracuse Basketball ‏@Cuse_MBB 5m5 minutes ago
Family First.
1f34a.png
1f3c0.png
Shooting shirts we will be warming up in tonight. #PrayersForPearl

CZ1j253UYAA4Nir.jpg

CZ1j26qUEAAgdMT.jpg

35 retweets31 likes

Awesome that the team is doing this! I'd pick one up if they sold these as part of the fundraising

Syracuse Basketball ‏@Cuse_MBB 5m5 minutes ago
Family First.
1f34a.png
1f3c0.png
Shooting shirts we will be warming up in tonight. #PrayersForPearl

CZ1j253UYAA4Nir.jpg

CZ1j26qUEAAgdMT.jpg

35 retweets31 likes
Last night the Post Standard's article said that the NCAA would not allow SU to sell these due to rules about fundraising for individuals. Today the story has been scrubbed of any NCAA reference and made up some BS about there already being other shirts out there. This one is 10X better than the other one I saw and SU would sell 5,000 of these in a day. It appears someone at SU got to the Post Standard and had them take out the NCAA quote for some reason.

Anyone have any insight into the spin around this issue? The NCAA made millions off of Pearl and the rest - ESPN was put on the map - but SU cannot sell a $20 tee-shirt to help a legend?

http://www.prayersforpearl.com/

This site has been posted. Pretty sure they were handing out pieces of paper with this link on it. Anyway, you can purchase shirts for $20 and all proceeds go toward the medical cost. Purchased my shirt today!

Last night the Post Standard's article said that the NCAA would not allow SU to sell these due to rules about fundraising for individuals. Today the story has been scrubbed of any NCAA reference and made up some BS about there already being other shirts out there. This one is 10X better than the other one I saw and SU would sell 5,000 of these in a day. It appears someone at SU got to the Post Standard and had them take out the NCAA quote for some reason.

Anyone have any insight into the spin around this issue? The NCAA made millions off of Pearl and the rest - ESPN was put on the map - but SU cannot sell a $20 tee-shirt to help a legend?

Was very disappointed to not see the shooting shirts for sale at the Dome today. I would have paid more than 20 for that shirt easily.

I was there and remember it like yesterday as he ran in to the locker room with his fist pumping and the biggest ear-to-ear grin I have ever seen.

heard recently that he ran into locker room to call his mom to tell her what just happened.

"This past Saturday, 1,000 “Prayers for Pearl” T-shirts were handed out to students during the Syracuse vs. Georgia Tech game. The giveaway, which was sponsored in part by Sidearm Sports, provided the Syracuse community an opportunity to show its support to Washington. Vendors on Marshall Street are now selling the shirt as well."

It's about time that we give Sidearm sports and in particular Jeff Rubin some big props. They have become big time in college athletics and from what I have heard, will never leave Syracuse University as their HQ. Rubin and his family were the driving force behind plaza 44, some of this pearl stuff (obviously along with some BOT members too), and other little giveaways like giving fans less fortunate than some opportunities to get great game experiences.

We have a lots of people to be thankful for... but Jeff Rubin is 1 of them.

just a note: Rubin was a guest lecturer for 2 weeks in 1 of my classes back in 06 or 07 and i developed a serious mancrush on him because I could see that he was on the verge of really big things AND doing it at SU - which was basically a dream of mine. But other than that, I don't have any relationship to him or his business.

Done finally. Took me all too long (identity theft issues) but had to give what I could.

Identify theft? What a mess! They should know you're the one and only tee!

What a sad and frustrating time for you tee. Best of luck getting it straightened out.
Thanks you guys. Multiple credit cards, multiple identity thefts over the years. Never been on us. Insurance providers and many others who lost or gave away my data, never our fault. I guess that's why I come across as positive here. You take enough on the chin for 40 years, it's easy to feel good when you're used to getting stepped on all time. :)

But sorry about going off on a tangent, here's to a fully recovery for Pearl!
SUball

Thanks you guys. Multiple credit cards, multiple identity thefts over the years. Never been on us. Insurance providers and many others who lost or gave away my data, never our fault. I guess that's why I come across as positive here. You take enough on the chin for 40 years, it's easy to feel good when you're used to getting stepped on all time. :)

But sorry about going off on a tangent, here's to a fully recovery for Pearl!
SUball
I hope they didn't get any of your "Likes."

CusefanATL said:
"This past Saturday, 1,000 “Prayers for Pearl” T-shirts were handed out to students during the Syracuse vs. Georgia Tech game. The giveaway, which was sponsored in part by Sidearm Sports, provided the Syracuse community an opportunity to show its support to Washington. Vendors on Marshall Street are now selling the shirt as well." It's about time that we give Sidearm sports and in particular Jeff Rubin some big props. They have become big time in college athletics and from what I have heard, will never leave Syracuse University as their HQ. Rubin and his family were the driving force behind plaza 44, some of this pearl stuff (obviously along with some BOT members too), and other little giveaways like giving fans less fortunate than some opportunities to get great game experiences. We have a lots of people to be thankful for... but Jeff Rubin is 1 of them. just a note: Rubin was a guest lecturer for 2 weeks in 1 of my classes back in 06 or 07 and i developed a serious mancrush on him because I could see that he was on the verge of really big things AND doing it at SU - which was basically a dream of mine. But other than that, I don't have any relationship to him or his business.

Rubin is a great guy as are many other folks there. My son was lucky to meet one of the sidearm folks during a lecture that was given at his high school. Long story short it led to him working for them this past summer after he graduated from high school and he now still works part time during the school year. He loves working with them. They had the large SU suite for the GaTech game and Jeff gave the employees each a ticket for the suite. Jeff was also the professor for one of my sons iSchool classes 1st semester.

Done finally. Took me all too long (identity theft issues) but had to give what I could.

Been there brother. Thankfully they only took about $600 and BOA (to my surprise) was FANTASTIC and easy. But there was a weekend (with little help because it was a weekend) that I was changing my password and within 5 minutes getting an email saying my password was changed (again - and not by me). That is very creepy and scary. Thankfully got a new account soon after with new account number, login, password, and nothing can be changed unless in person. Inconvenient sometimes, but well worth it.

I've been told to use my debit card as little as possible. Use cash or credit - at least if your credit card is hacked it doesnt take away from available cash for your mortgage, electric, etc...

Been there brother. Thankfully they only took about $600 and BOA (to my surprise) was FANTASTIC and easy. But there was a weekend (with little help because it was a weekend) that I was changing my password and within 5 minutes getting an email saying my password was changed (again - and not by me). That is very creepy and scary. Thankfully got a new account soon after with new account number, login, password, and nothing can be changed unless in person. Inconvenient sometimes, but well worth it.

I've been told to use my debit card as little as possible. Use cash or credit - at least if your credit card is hacked it doesnt take away from available cash for your mortgage, electric, etc...
Sorry to hear, man. Very good to know about the debit card. I think I only use it in one place now and it's cash nearly everywhere else.

Just donated -- praying for Pearl...

Does anyone on this board know where we can buy those long-sleeved orange Pearl T-shirts the team was wearing -- wonder if this may be another way to support Pearl...

Thanks for any info...