Funniest quote of all time | Syracusefan.com

Funniest quote of all time

Frozen

2022 Cali Winner (Rushing Yards)
From this article:

"Jim Burr is the best referee who ever lived," said Tim Higgins.

And one really bad quote as well:

"He's a good referee," Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim said.

From this article:

"Jim Burr is the best referee who ever lived," said Tim Higgins.
You know, at first I thought that Frozen was just going all hyperbolic on us with that whole "Funniest quote of all time" threat title, but now that I've seen it I think he just nailed it.

Jim Burr is unquestionably an elite ref, that's why he regularly refs Final Fours.

When it comes to refs, familiarity breeds resentment. We hate the refs that we recognize. If we think there's a bad call (and most of the time we're just being homers about it) we immediately see Higgins or Burr and say, "OMG they suck!" We ignore the 98% of correct calls they make due to decades of experience, or the fact that they never get intimidated by opposing crowds.

Sorry everybody, I'm being way too reasonable here. What I meant to say was, "Burr is awful, and he's fat."

Jim Burr is unquestionably an elite ref, that's why he regularly refs Final Fours.

When it comes to refs, familiarity breeds resentment. We hate the refs that we recognize. If we think there's a bad call (and most of the time we're just being homers about it) we immediately see Higgins or Burr and say, "OMG they suck!" We ignore the 98% of correct calls they make due to decades of experience, or the fact that they never get intimidated by opposing crowds.

Sorry everybody, I'm being way too reasonable here. What I meant to say was, "Burr is awful, and he's fat."

I'm sorry. He's not. Elite refs don't the way he and Higgins did in that Rutgers/ST John's. There's no homerism involved here. Watch that game and tell me they are elite refs.

Tend to agree, but complaining about refs is part and parcel with being a fan.

At the UConn game, I sat in a section that had a lot of Huskie fans. It was pretty hilarious to hear them all complaining about how bad Higgins always screws them and how they never get any breaks - it sounded exactly like what you hear from SU fans all the time. Most fans think the refs are out to get their team.

I'm sorry. He's not. Elite refs don't the way he and Higgins did in that Rutgers/ST John's. There's no homerism involved here. Watch that game and tell me they are elite refs.

You're completely right about the Rutgers/St. Johns mistake. But these guys are just human. I consider Ed Hochuli an elite NFL ref, and he made that infamous screwup in the Broncos/Chargers game a few years ago.

Begs the question - is he still alive ?? Seems like he misses some blatent calls even a dead man would make.

yeah, that was atrocious.

Us older fans also complained non-stop about Froggy Paparo & Jodi Sylvester. To a certain extent, it is a familiarity thing. I think Burr & Higgins were once good refs that we hated because we knew them, now they are just too old and overworked and becoming bad.

brokebackrefs.jpg

Thanks, Jekelish. My BAC rose just by looking at that picture of Higgins.

I would maybe by this if Higgins didn't blow the whistle before the foul occurs so often. No way he's good enough to see contact before it occurs. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom