Funny Final Four Story | Syracusefan.com

Funny Final Four Story

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
Okay, a year ago I knew that the Final Four was being held in Atlanta this year. I thought, "Wouldn't it be awesome...?" We always spend Christmas in Atlanta with about 25 family members. I wondered this Christmas if I might be coming back in April. But then the team hit the skids the last couple weeks of the season and I thought, nah. Not. Gonna. Happen.

HAPPENED!

So, I have a funny story. About ten of us gathered at a friends to watch the game and celebrate hubby's 64th birthday.(Of course, there was a song.) We had decided we were going to get food from our favorite Indian restaurant where they know us personally. We ordered at halftime and they said they would deliver.

The game recommences. As the minutes ticked by, it became more and more clear we were going to win. At the one minute mark, we all stood up and started screaming, hugging, jumping around. At the height of this, my phone rang. I couldn't hear. Someone with an accent. I heard, "India." I thought, "How the hell did a telemarketer get my cell phone number?" I yelled into the receiver, "I don't care who you are. WE'RE GOING TO THE FINAL FOUR!" Hung up.

People yelled, "WHO WAS THAT?" I yelled, "SOME GUY FROM INDIA!" They yelled, "YOU HUNG UP ON OUR FOOD!" We all rushed to the front door and there was Vee Jay, standing in the doorway with his cell phone still up to his ear. He grinned and said, "You guys are very very loud." We brought him in with much fanfare and high fiving, and gave him a $20 tip. HA HA HA!

Oh, Mylanta.

So, I called 87 year-old Betty this morning and told her I was finally going to be able to see her garden in the spring. She said, "It's too early. Your game should be re-scheduled." Oh, that funny lady! She is allowing us to come anyway.

I hope other people will post stories. GO SU!

I'm so glad you can go. Will the Duke clan join you if they beat Louisville? Should be a wonderful celebration of SU's return to the final four stage. With Beadle in Atlanta, I feel fully confident in Victory!!

I'm so glad you can go. Will the Duke clan join you if they beat Louisville? Should be a wonderful celebration of SU's return to the final four stage. With Beadle in Atlanta, I feel fully confident in Victory!!
Dear Don, no, my Duke brother and friends won't go. One is in Thailand! However, my Louisville family might try to make it. They are only 8 hrs drive from Atlanta. However, the tickets are very pricey, and that might be an issue for them.

The nice thing is that all of Duke and Louisville friends and family will root for us if their team loses.