Funny, (sort of) out of context line from SI | Syracusefan.com

Funny, (sort of) out of context line from SI

SWC75

Bored Historian
Last week's Sports Illustrated has an article on the guy who actually the winningest colelge football coach of all time, John Gagliardi of St. John's of Minnesota, a Divsion III team, (he has 484 wins, 75 more than JoPa). He's famous for not thinking much of such traditonal training methods as calisthenics. Instead, he has his players go through a parody of them.

"His unparalleled success is a radical, whimsical rebuttal to many of the hidebound assumtpions of this sport. To see the Johnnies laugh their way through their faux 'calisthenics' preceeding their seaosn-ending 61-0 rout of Hamline last Saturday in St. Paul, (a Beautiful Day Drill, the Stanky Leg and the Bernie) was to be reminded of this."

I had to wonder what "The Bernie" is. I don't want to know what the "Stanky Leg" is.

Last week's Sports Illustrated has an article on the guy who actually the winningest colelge football coach of all time, John Gagliardi of St. John's of Minnesota, a Divsion III team, (he has 484 wins, 75 more than JoPa). He's famous for not thinking much of such traditonal training methods as calisthenics. Instead, he has his players go through a parody of them.

"His unparalleled success is a radical, whimsical rebuttal to many of the hidebound assumtpions of this sport. To see the Johnnies laugh their way through their faux 'calisthenics' preceeding their seaosn-ending 61-0 rout of Hamline last Saturday in St. Paul, (a Beautiful Day Drill, the Stanky Leg and the Bernie) was to be reminded of this."

I had to wonder what "The Bernie" is. I don't want to know what the "Stanky Leg" is.

The Stanky Leg was popular for like a few days during my Sophomore year at SU (about 2-3 years ago):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewufRwrayTI

HAHA. My roommates that played soccer would do the stanky leg when they scored a goal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom