Funny story about that Dunk & Bright recliner | Syracusefan.com

Funny story about that Dunk & Bright recliner

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
For the past two years I have been looking at Stressless chairs. They are quite pricey but very well constructed and back friendly. Two local retailers carry the chair, Dunk & Bright & Stickley. Every once in a while the company will run a special, when they do I usually check to see if the one I'm eyeing has come down in price. Both stores carried an "Apple Green" colored chair that was collecting cobwebs. Even with a $1000 mark down no one had the courage to buy this beauty. It probably wouldn't look bad if you had a sun room with a lot of plants but most people would think the color to be hideous. The sales people at each store had their own personal jokes about the chair. Too bad because it was a very comfortable fit.

Last night, as they always do, Carrier Dome staffers rush a recliner to the north basket where a fan gets to shoot a free throw, from a reclined position during a timeout. What do these sore eyes see trotted out but that "Apple Green" chair, less the cobwebs. Sure enough the young man nailed his attempt and got to take home a chair I had some history with. Congratulations and I hope you don't have to build a green room to go with your new chair.:);)

For the past two years I have been looking at Stressless chairs. They are quite pricey but very well constructed and back friendly. Two local retailers carry the chair, Dunk & Bright & Stickley. Every once in a while the company will run a special, when they do I usually check to see if the one I'm eyeing has come down in price. Both stores carried a green "Candy Apple" colored chair that was collecting cobwebs. Even with a $1000 mark down no one had the courage to buy this beauty. It probably wouldn't look bad if you had a sun room with a lot of plants but most people would think the color to be hideous. The sales people at each store had their own personal jokes about the chair. Too bad because it was a very comfortable fit.

Last night, as they always do, Carrier Dome staffers rush a recliner to the north basket where a fan gets to shoot a free throw, from a reclined position during a timeout. What do these sore eyes see trotted out but that "Candy Apple" green chair, less the cobwebs. Sure enough the young man nailed his attempt and got to take home a chair I had some history with. Congratulations and I hope you don't have to build a green room to go with your new chair.:);)

We commented on that chair also. However they announced that the shooter won a $500 gift certificate, not the chair. So I guess we'll see that chair for the rest of the season.

We commented on that chair also. However they announced that the shooter won a $500 gift certificate, not the chair. So I guess we'll see that chair for the rest of the season.
One year they had an Orange recliner for the contest.

Yeah, they cheaped out on the contest this year - gift certificate instead of winning the chair. Which might be a relief to participants, given the particular chair.

For the past two years I have been looking at Stressless chairs. They are quite pricey but very well constructed and back friendly. Two local retailers carry the chair, Dunk & Bright & Stickley. Every once in a while the company will run a special, when they do I usually check to see if the one I'm eyeing has come down in price. Both stores carried an "Apple Green" colored chair that was collecting cobwebs. Even with a $1000 mark down no one had the courage to buy this beauty. It probably wouldn't look bad if you had a sun room with a lot of plants but most people would think the color to be hideous. The sales people at each store had their own personal jokes about the chair. Too bad because it Gwas a very comfortable fit.

Last night, as they always do, Carrier Dome staffers rush a recliner to the north basket where a fan gets to shoot a free throw, from a reclined position during a timeout. What do these sore eyes see trotted out but that "Apple Green" chair, less the cobwebs. Sure enough the young man nailed his attempt and got to take home a chair I had some history with. Congratulations and I hope you don't have to build a green room to go with your new chair.:);)

When is Dunk & Bright going to get smart and bring an Orange chair to the games? I mean, I thought that should have been a no brainer.

When is Dunk & Bright going to get smart and bring an Orange chair to the games? I mean, I thought that should have been a no brainer.
As I stated above they did have one or was I dreaming?

I'm sitting in one right now albiet not green or orange and it was worth every penny I paid for it.

For the past two years I have been looking at Stressless chairs. They are quite pricey but very well constructed and back friendly. Two local retailers carry the chair, Dunk & Bright & Stickley. Every once in a while the company will run a special, when they do I usually check to see if the one I'm eyeing has come down in price. Both stores carried an "Apple Green" colored chair that was collecting cobwebs. Even with a $1000 mark down no one had the courage to buy this beauty. It probably wouldn't look bad if you had a sun room with a lot of plants but most people would think the color to be hideous. The sales people at each store had their own personal jokes about the chair. Too bad because it was a very comfortable fit.

CherieHoop and I had exactly the same reaction to the chair. We said to each other that they wanted to give it away because they probably could not sell it.

If the guy that won the Apple Green recliner is married, I'm sure it will be for sale on Craigslist within a week of its delivery.