Funny thing about this board | Syracusefan.com

Funny thing about this board

skurey

Living Legend
If Duke, Kentucky, OSU, any big name program had lost to Temple today everyone would be laughing at them and talking about how they suck and aren't contenders for a championship. But since it was Syracuse who lost to Temple this does not apply. Temple just played lights out and Syracuse wasn't interested in showing up, and people are fine with this. And don't you dare blame Boeheim because he only gets credit for the wins.

There's nothing wrong with losing games in college basketball, no one has been undefeated since 1976. But Temple is a bad team, quit trying to spin it any other way. They lost by double digits to Canisius. They were destroyed by Duke. This doesn't mean Syracuse can't win it all this year, but when the tournament is already viewed as a struggle I don't like our chances.

If Duke, Kentucky, OSU, any big name program had lost to Temple today everyone would be laughing at them and talking about how they suck and aren't contenders for a championship. But since it was Syracuse who lost to Temple this does not apply. Temple just played lights out and Syracuse wasn't interested in showing up, and people are fine with this. And don't you dare blame Boeheim because he only gets credit for the wins.

There's nothing wrong with losing games in college basketball, no one has been undefeated since 1976. But Temple is a bad team, quit trying to spin it any other way. They lost by double digits to Canisius. They were destroyed by Duke. This doesn't mean Syracuse can't win it all this year, but when the tournament is already viewed as a struggle I don't like our chances.

I generally agree. From a national perpective, and, keeping it real, this is just a very bad loss, no way else to slice it...additionally, in our home away from home in MSG. It will be interesting to see just how far SU falls in the polls after this...I wouldn't be surprised, especially with the weak ooc schedule to date, seeing SU fall to 11 or 12.

But Temple is a bad team, quit trying to spin it any other way.
No, they're not.
SU did not play well, but Temple played great and is a solid (though inconsistent) team.

If Temple is inconsistent then Syracuse is full blown bipolar

People generally don't go on their own teams message boards and mock their team after a painful loss. Correction: I should have said "true program fans" instead of people. One game does not a season make and I'm just as disappointed as anyone else over the fact that for the past 3 halves of basketball this team has played, it's been at mediocre Mid Major level at best.

I'm just not ready to cash in my chips on this group of kids just because they've hit a speed bump in the early going. I couldn't care less what other people think or say about my team. I also don't give a Rat's A$$ about where we are ranked in the polls (see "don't care what other people think or say") True fans, even with a preponderance of evidence that their team is flawed, will try to take things in stride and hope for the best. Just blaming and criticizing does nothing positive. I'll take this team, warts and all and I still like my chances that we will have a very successful season and have the talent, experience, and great coaching to possibly make a run at a National Championship.

The ranking for this team is meaningless going forward.

If they stay within the top 3 or 4 seeds for the Big Dance is all that matters. Winning 25 games or more will keep them in this range.

EVERYTHING, from here on is about this team's grOWTH...

Losing is never fun, but there are good things to retrieve from it. You can stop worrying about your national ranking, & just focus on improving the experience level & the team concept.

MCW is a fantastic athlete, but he tries to play like Allen Iverson everytime he comes down the court. This might look great on a highlight reel, but it won't win you a National Championship. He will have to learn how to use his skills within the team framework. If he does this, there is no team that can beat Syracuse on their way to a title.

There just isn't enough talent in college basketball on any given team to deny this squad their opportunity to grab the big prize.

One thing I can say with confidence: Temple > Butler
(after having seen both of them play twice now)

So Indiana's season must be over, too.

I agree, I don't expect our own fans to say we suck (especially cause we don't). Just pointing out the hypocrisy and maybe we shouldn't be so quick to make fun of other teams.

So Temple basketball sucks now? Nobody who knows anything about college bball would laugh at anyone for losing to Temple. They're a good team and a good program.

Everyone liked Kristof because he was such an unusual player in the program; he was a tough, relentless, all energy, grity. This program has way too many players that collect shoes and handbags and wear nail polish around campus. Im glad this team got bwitch-slapped today because these r the games we always seem to lose in March.

Indiana loss to Butler, who was spanked by an Xavier team that was defeated at home by the mighty "Wofford" today. Lots of parity in college ball and Temple has been a legit program for a long time now and has beaten top 10 teams for the past 5 years. So I don't know why anybody would look down on them and act like we just loss to Colgate. Remember our championship team loss to Rutgers lol. Any defeat is a disappointment, but championships aren't won or loss in December. Best thing is for the team to learn from this and bounce back in Big East play. Plenty of basketball to be played and some can jump off the bandwagon already, but I'm fine watching this team develop and hopefully becoming a legit contender in March.

This wasn't funny at all. Kind of depressing to be honest - bait and switch! The thread title promised something you couldn't deliver on!!!! :)

This wasn't funny at all. Kind of depressing to be honest - bait and switch! The thread title promised something you couldn't deliver on!!!! :)

original.gif

Indiana loss to Butler, who was spanked by an Xavier team that was defeated at home by the mighty "Wofford" today. Lots of parity in college ball and Temple has been a legit program for a long time now and has beaten top 10 teams for the past 5 years. So I don't know why anybody would look down on them and act like we just loss to Colgate. Remember our championship team loss to Rutgers lol. Any defeat is a disappointment, but championships aren't won or loss in December. Best thing is for the team to learn from this and bounce back in Big East play. Plenty of basketball to be played and some can jump off the bandwagon already, but I'm fine watching this team develop and hopefully becoming a legit contender in March.

The most disappointing parts of the loss for me were (1) this was probably our toughest OOC matchup on the schedule, so it was an important game to win because of how we chose to schedule this season and (2) it was my first time attending an SU game at the Garden.