Future is bright for now | Syracusefan.com

Future is bright for now

DirtDog44

Walk On
When examining our squad it looks like we have a few 4 year type guys that many times are integral parts of very successful teams. Guys like Dolejac, Sidibe and Moyer are names we'll see in the program for years to come and individuals that may once again lead us back to the promised land. I'm a firm believer that teams with a mix of young and old are always are in much better shape come March than teams with 5 Freshman McDonalds' all Americans. I especially think Dolejac is going to be a big time fan favorite due to his hustle and knowledge of the game. If he can gain some muscle and tighten up his shooting he may not last the full 4 college years. Thoughts?

Really like Sidibe's ceiling, already had a great feel for the zone and is way ahead of where I expected offensively, not sure if he is a four year guy but i would think three for sure, a little more strength and he could be a force for us. I agree that we need a mix, worked well for North Carolina the last few years.

When examining our squad it looks like we have a few 4 year type guys that many times are integral parts of very successful teams. Guys like Dolejac, Sidibe and Moyer are names we'll see in the program for years to come and individuals that may once again lead us back to the promised land. I'm a firm believer that teams with a mix of young and old are always are in much better shape come March than teams with 5 Freshman McDonalds' all Americans. I especially think Dolejac is going to be a big time fan favorite due to his hustle and knowledge of the game. If he can gain some muscle and tighten up his shooting he may not last the full 4 college years. Thoughts?
Dolezaj.

we'll be lucky to have sidibe for 3 years

Like him, but he’s rail thin and needs to put on at least 25 pounds before he can think about the next stage. He doesn’t have the handle to play PF right now. But he’s going to be good.

Really like Sidibe's ceiling, already had a great feel for the zone and is way ahead of where I expected offensively, not sure if he is a four year guy but i would think three for sure, a little more strength and he could be a force for us. I agree that we need a mix, worked well for North Carolina the last few years.

Was speaking with another major fan of the program last night and we tried to come up with the last freshman center who came in so ready to contribute immediately. We're still trying.

Was speaking with another major fan of the program last night and we tried to come up with the last freshman center who came in so ready to contribute immediately. We're still trying.

Baye was great defensively as a frosh, remember him having a near triple double at uconn with Kemba

The thing is, has anyone seen battle on any mock drafts? Don't get me wrong, i think he will leave because he will want to leave. Feels it's his time. I just wonder if the attraction will be mutual.

Something we can judge as the season progresses. I think hell end up late round 1 and be fine with that.

The thing is, has anyone seen battle on any mock drafts? Don't get me wrong, i think he will leave because he will want to leave. Feels it's his time. I just wonder if the attraction will be mutual.

A recent article had Tyus as the 100 th best player thus upcoming season. We all talk as if he is an instant lottery pick. The disparity is huge. I hate when we are always right. That compiled list just lost total credibility

I am very encouraged by these new players. Again - I'm sure we will have ourstruggles this year, but if you think of these guys as the foundation upon which you can add stud players, things start looking really nice. It is not impossible to think of Brissett coming back and then the returning team with the addition of DB and JC (and BB) would be pretty doggone capable.

A recent article had Tyus as the 100 th best player thus upcoming season. We all talk as if he is an instant lottery pick. The disparity is huge. I hate when we are always right. That compiled list just lost total credibility
I might have missed it, but I've never read anyone on here predicting he'd be a lottery pick.

Battle leaving/where he’s drafted depends on how well he shoots it.

comparison: Dion Waiters in his sophomore year shot 53% on his twos and 36.3% on his threes with an offensive rating of 115.6, with a very high usage rate.
last year, Tyus shot 52% on his twos and 36.6% on his threes with an offensive rating of 114.1, so I would think that if he can maintain those numbers as his usage ramps up to what Dion did, then he should be a first round candidate.
And if he can lead the team to a high ranking and deep tournament run like Dion did, then who knows how high that elevates him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom