Future of the ACC Network | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Future of the ACC Network

ACC commissioner John Swofford said the league has complete assurances from ESPN that everything is "full blast" and completely on schedule for the launch of the linear ACC Network in 2019.

What does that even mean? I wouldn't expect the ACC Network to have a distinct PAC-12 flavor.

HAHA that's exactly what I thought! Maybe a Big 10 flavor.

B1G sauce is very bland, not much flavor and yet very fattening

Hey, now! Let's not forget B1G Spice: "Three Yards and a Cloud of Dust", try it as a rub on your next smoked brisket. Made with Genuine Big Ten dust.

What does that even mean? I wouldn't expect the ACC Network to have a distinct PAC-12 flavor.
What immediately popped into my mind was a "Greensboro" flavor--a return to its southern roots.

Acc best overall conference. Tons of content. Growing population. ND.

So the clock is moving towards the premiere of the ACC Network. Does anyone know how SU is doing? I know they are laying some Fiber Optic Cable required...but is the production facility going to be at the Dome, Manley or Newhouse?

A detailed article from Dave Teel talking about the issues facing the schools. Namely if you think small on space you'll regret it later. This should be a pride thing for Syracuse...they should have the best facilities and highest production standards, will they?

I'd think the AD should lay out some great guidance...but will the Admin money counters agree?

U.Va., Virginia Tech investing millions in ACC Network preparations

So the clock is moving towards the premiere of the ACC Network. Does anyone know how SU is doing? I know they are laying some Fiber Optic Cable required...but is the production facility going to be at the Dome, Manley or Newhouse?

A detailed article from Dave Teel talking about the issues facing the schools. Namely if you think small on space you'll regret it later. This should be a pride thing for Syracuse...they should have the best facilities and highest production standards, will they?

I'd think the AD should lay out some great guidance...but will the Admin money counters agree?

U.Va., Virginia Tech investing millions in ACC Network preparations
With how frustrating the administration has been on spending I am not confident.

This should be no problem for Syracuse. The student run TV network should have most of this equipment.

Syverud and company need to earn some confidence.

In theory, SU would have to broadcast games from
  • Dome
  • Soccer Stadium
  • Field Hockey Stadium
  • Softball Stadium
  • Ice Rink
  • Volleyball Gym
Where would you locate a production facility to handle everything?

With how frustrating the administration has been on spending I am not confident.

This should be no problem for Syracuse. The student run TV network should have most of this equipment.

Syverud and company need to earn some confidence.
The ACC Network is expected to raise millions for each ACC school on an annual basis. The last estimates I have seen expect 8-10 million annually for each school to start, with the annual revenue per school expected to grow to $15-$20 million.

An initial outlay of $5-7 million to facilitate this revenue stream is a no brainer. SU should be doing like VT is, and trying to ensure their facilities are top notch, state of the art and capable of future expansion.

This kind of an investment might be strange for a university but it isn't for a business, and I am sure John Wildhack is doing everything he can to position Syracuse to support the ACC Network as well as he possibly can. I remain concerned SU has fallen behind some of the other schools in the conference. The facilities are supposed to be place by the start of the 2018 school year.

Maybe @Cuslegacy is right and the new facilities at Newhouse are going to be fine for this. I don't think so. You want facilities customized for supporting a network;not teaching. And you want them in your athletic facilities, not 4 or 5 blocks down the street.

Hope plans are announced soon and SU takes the advice learned from all the mistakes the SEC schools trying to put in facilities and not planning well. This is a big deal. Plan accordingly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom