future of the point... | Syracusefan.com

future of the point...

BillSU

All American
I believe I, (we), saw a glimpse of what we can expect in the future last night. It happened so quickly it was easy to miss. Jalen Carey showed me, in the brief time he was on the court, what our point can do with the ball getting it to his target - top of the key to the basket. The rockets with eyes found their way for 3 assists and if I am not mistaken 3 baskets. IMO, he's got a lot to work on - hopefully improving every game and will be after this season or sooner a very good point guard directing this team in the way which we are accustomed.

Last edited:
Between carey/goodine/girard/buddy we are looking good for the next few years at the guard spot. Hopefully throw in Symir in the 20 class and we r loaded. Hopefully Washington sticks around too.

Between carey/goodine/girard/buddy we are looking good for the next few years at the guard spot. Hopefully throw in Symir in the 20 class and we r loaded. Hopefully Washington sticks around too.

Agree just add some functional bigs and we're cooking with gas...

He puts tremendous pressure on the defense in ways we really haven't in recent years. He transitions the team fast to offense including long pass aheads to people leaking out. Frank has not done that in previous years (or it was not in our game strategy). He has the quickness to drive into the lane on anybody which leads to way better shots because unlike TB, when he gets in there, Carey is looking for the open guy. He really impressed me last night.

He puts tremendous pressure on the defense in ways we really haven't in recent years. He transitions the team fast to offense including long pass aheads to people leaking out. Frank has not done that in previous years (or it was not in our game strategy). He has the quickness to drive into the lane on anybody which leads to way better shots because unlike TB, when he gets in there, Carey is looking for the open guy. He really impressed me last night.
He had a great game. The sky is the limit with Carey. He gives us added dimensions and will only improve as the season goes on. He’s gonna be a star next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom