Future > this recruiting class | Syracusefan.com

Future > this recruiting class

CU44SE

All Conference
I know it's late in the game, and many teams have already filled there coaching vacancies but this hire is not about the next year or 2 and this years recruiting class. As much as I think ZA is going to be a stud, it is all based on potential and not fact. Sometimes recruits don't pan out. This hire is about getting us to the next level and I believe we need to do a full out search for a coach. I do not want to settle for an assistant. If they interview good then great but I don't want to just promote from within, as much as I like Schafer there is a reason why he has never been a head coach. I just feel like there may be better candidates out there. My outside candidates would start with christable, jags, obrien, and golden (I doubt he leaves Miami, but his name continues to come up). I was a firm supporter of Marrone this whole year, but I have a bad taste in my mouth the way he handled this situation.

We lost an NFL superstar to rutty when P was fired but the rest of that class was subpar other than Greene. This class could have some quality players in it and Marrone and staff have shown a very good ability to evaluate talent so keeping this class together would be wonderful and to be honest I think we are going to lose some recruits and possibly add some due to who SU hires (unless it's the current staff) so things will change and it'll be x amount of years ahead when we'll find out if it's for the better or worse when it comes to the recruits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom