FWIW: Kadary Richmond 85, Judah Mintz 35 | Syracusefan.com

FWIW: Kadary Richmond 85, Judah Mintz 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
We know that recruiting rankings don't necessarily guarantee success, but you have to be real excited how well regarded Mintz is. Oak Hill has been very good to Syracuse and no reason to think Mintz won't be able to play very meaningful minutes with success. Watching Mintz in a few games it appears he is very calm and that he seems to make others around him better. Plus he is a pass first, shoot second. Exactly what a point guard needs to do. Congrats again to the staff who needed a huge shot in the arm.

One thing I really like is that like KR, he plays on a team full of top 50 -100 guys including a burger boy and ; watching today's game, he is a critical piece and his teammates really look to him. At times he looks like the guy you would expect is going to Duke or UK.

Judah is our highest rated guard commit since Tyler Ennis in 2013. Let’s hope he has similar impact as TE.
That's a lot of pressure! I would settle for 50 to 75% of Tyler's impact - I would hope that will get us far. TE was so poised beyond his years to get us that good so quickly. PG is so important to the success. Of course, this clip is not the only case in point. But it sure is nice to watch again.

If JAB wants to start Symir at first, that's ok, for a little bit, but I think he realizes he screwed up with KR and know who has the much higher upside.
I would be stunned if Mintz didn't start from day 1. Symir is used to coming off the bench and won't be upset about it. And Mintz is just better.

Yeah there’s no way Mintz isn’t starting. We will see a different JB this year I think.

Honestly it’s a really good guard rotation. All 3 have complimentary skill sets and different strengths. I also think the minutes will be fairly easy to divide up and there should be no morale issue with any of the 3

There is ZERO chance Mintz doesn’t start.
1. Mintz
2. JG
3. Benny (hope he makes the leap)
4. Cole? Bunch? Portal?
5. Jesse

Sy
Portal Center
Whole bunch of frosh fighting it out

I would be stunned if Mintz didn't start from day 1. Symir is used to coming off the bench and won't be upset about it. And Mintz is just better.
Id start Sy and Mintz

1. Mintz
2. JG
4. Cole? Bunch? Portal?
5. Jesse

Sy
Portal Center
I like this if you removed the question mark after Cole. I think that can be a top 5/6 ACC team (in a good acc)

1. Mintz
2. JG
4. Cole? Bunch? Portal?
5. Jesse

Sy
Portal Center

I got...

1. Mintz / Torrence
2. Girard / Copeland
3. Bunch / Taylor
4. Swider / Williams / Brown
5. Edwards / Ajak / Carey

I got...

1. Mintz / Torrence
2. Girard / Copeland
3. Bunch / Taylor
4. Swider / Williams / Brown
5. Edwards / Ajak / Carey
Right and throw in Chaz (who has a ship)and that is 13. So at this moment we are full and there is no room for a portal guy.

Practice will be war zone, and that's good thing
Yep look at this potential 5 v 5

Mintz/JG/Benny/Cole/Jesse

Vs

Copeland/Taylor/Bunch/Brown/Casey

You can bet that 2nd unit will treat those practices like their games (similar to the the early 2010s). We didn’t have anything like that last year. Should help everyone improve

Hopefully Judah’s willing to put in the work and care more about winning and his teammates than other things.

Why? Joe is capable at the two.
I realize it wont happen but i like Joe off the bench vs starting. I want size and athletes in the zone.

That's a lot of pressure! I would settle for 50 to 75% of Tyler's impact - I would hope that will get us far. TE was so poised beyond his years to get us that good so quickly. PG is so important to the success. Of course, this clip is not the only case in point. But it sure is nice to watch again.

1. That clip always gets a like. Can't get enough of that shot.
2. I take great issue with ACCN's title. "Miracle"? No way. Kid took four purposeful dribbles, squared up, and got nothing but net. That's not a miracle, it's just a flat-out excellent play.

Why? Joe is capable at the two.

I'd be leery about starting a freshman guard alongside an epically poor defender. Puts the wings and (especially) center in a bad spot, obviously, but it also disadvantages the freshman guard at a time when he's already facing a steep learning curve.

Doubt it'll happen, but Joe's role always should've been instant offense off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom