FWIW - | Syracusefan.com

FWIW -

Jake

Mod
I beleive there is a TON of purposeful misinformation coming from those close to the Coleman camp. In the past 24 hours, I've received multiple emails from people who claim to know someone very close to the Coleman clan who have claimed that his is going to Ohio St. and Kentucky. I think he's doing a great job of keeping folks guessing.

My usual sources are even confused. But logic always brings me back to Syracuse as being the choice. We'll see.

I have ZERO inside info with regards to where Coleman will announce this afternoon. Having said that, I did see him 3 different times at the WV game on Friday and also heard from a friend who saw Coleman & Hopkins out at breakfast on Saturday. The impression that I got from seeing him interact with the players and coaches (also confirmed from what my friend saw) was that Coleman looked like he was "part of the family." It seemed to me he had made his decision and was already part of the team.

I beleive there is a TON of purposeful misinformation coming from those close to the Coleman camp. In the past 24 hours, I've received multiple emails from people who claim to know someone very close to the Coleman clan who have claimed that his is going to Ohio St. and Kentucky. I think he's doing a great job of keeping folks guessing.

My usual sources are even confused. But logic always brings me back to Syracuse as being the choice. We'll see.
If it were politics I guess this would be what's called floating a trial balloon. In this case I'm not sure what you would call it. Having a little fun?

I have ZERO inside info with regards to where Coleman will announce this afternoon. Having said that, I did see him 3 different times at the WV game on Friday and also heard from a friend who saw Coleman & Hopkins out at breakfast on Saturday. The impression that I got from seeing him interact with the players and coaches (also confirmed from what my friend saw) was that Coleman looked like he was "part of the family." It seemed to me he had made his decision and was already part of the team.

No one doubts that he always loved Cuse. The reason we never thought to be leading is because we are crowded at center and both OSU and Kentucky were promising him a starting spot (something we can't do). A lot of the time this weighs in more for the players than liking another school.

It's plausible that he straight up asked the coaches this weekend if he will start, and they told him they can't guarantee anything. Which made up his mind to go to UK.

Obviously we are all rooting that he is picking Cuse.

No one doubts that he always loved Cuse. The reason we never thought to be leading is because we are crowded at center and both OSU and Kentucky were promising him a starting spot (something we can't do). A lot of the time this weighs in more for the players than liking another school.
And that Calipari has room under his salary cap to make a nice offer to Coleman

If he decides not to come to Syracuse because there's competition at his position, then he's not as great of a player as we think. Elite players go where they want and know they'll play because they're too good to keep off the floor.

After all the hand wringing is over I feel that Coleman stays here in Syracuse. Can't wait for 2:30 and finding out for sure. There hasn't been this much recruiting buzz in a LONG time and it's certainly exciting. No matter what happens the Cuse will still rock in the coming years and if he does pick Orange we will be even better!

and also heard from a friend who saw Coleman & Hopkins out at breakfast on Saturday.

IHOP, Cracker Barrel, or the little Gem? His decision lies within the answer to this question.

I think that while he looks to where he gets playing time that he also looks to where he will be a better "fit" and thus get playing time. I don't, and haven't, seen him as a "fit" at Kentucky ... they seem not to be big man dependent in either their offense or defense. From the Kentucky board the fans seem to agree with this view (altho I am sure much of its sour grapes). He is a better fit at Syracuse and Ohio State where the reliance on Big men are much greater. With that being said, don't think for a second that DC2 isn't getting playing time at SU ... either as a 5 or as a 4. As some have mentioned I wouldn't be surprised to see Fab gone after this year.

And that Calipari has room under his salary cap to make a nice offer to Coleman

This is a song with only one note. When are you people going to get tired of it? I don't care for the guy either, but Christ on a bike, you know? Starting to sound like the chump the cheerleader ditched before prom.

This is a song with only one note. When are you people going to get tired of it? I don't care for the guy either, but Christ on a bike, you know? Starting to sound like the chump the cheerleader ditched before prom.

Yeah I agree with this. Someone earlier posted something to the effect of "if he goes to SU it means he likes the name on the front of the jersey, and if he goes to UK it's all about the name on the back". I couldn't tell if this was serious or not, I hope it was a joke.

There are lots of great reasons to play hoops at Kentucky, SU, or Ohio State. Coleman isn't a bad guy if he decides to play for a team we don't root for. And he won't be a great guy just because he decides to play for the team we root for.

So tiring.

Wonder if the whole process was a big headfake all along.

I think that while he looks to where he gets playing time that he also looks to where he will be a better "fit" and thus get playing time. I don't, and haven't, seen him as a "fit" at Kentucky ... they seem not to be big man dependent in either their offense or defense. From the Kentucky board the fans seem to agree with this view (altho I am sure much of its sour grapes). He is a better fit at Syracuse and Ohio State where the reliance on Big men are much greater. With that being said, don't think for a second that DC2 isn't getting playing time at SU ... either as a 5 or as a 4. As some have mentioned I wouldn't be surprised to see Fab gone after this year.

To be honest, he is probably the best "fit" at Ohio State. They have less competition for playing time, and they have a very similar player in Sullinger, so Coleman can see how he would be used on both ends of the floor.

At Syracuse, he has some competition for spots, with 2 guys ahead of him who will still be here for 2 more years, in all likelihood, plus another very talented kid or two coming in the class behind him.

But we have seen Kentucky call a big-time player moments after his commitment announcement press conference, and 30 minutes later, the kid changes his mind. So nothing is out of the question when you are going against Calipari. He won't take "no" for an answer.

I'd like to see Coleman come here, but there are questions about his fitness and about his motor. If he goes somewhere else, we certainly will be alright.

If he comes here that's fine if not it's not that we don't have people to play those positions. I still have doubts how he fits into our system on offense and defense. The center is not first option in jim's offense and outside of DC's jr year not the primary rebounder.

Coleman has played this close to the vest from the beginning. He's done about as good of job as any recruit I've followed. That's why so many are confused. This is all intentional.

Coleman has played this close to the vest from the beginning. He's done about as good of job as any recruit I've followed. That's why so many are confused. This is all intentional.
But to what end? Just to yank around some of the most important BB schools? I don't get it.

I'll stop being tired of it when it's not true, and the NCAA finally grows a pair and stops allowing it.

please wait a few more days and we can do Trick or Treat...between reading on Mizzou and DC2...one would think its 2012 and the end of the world as we know it...thank goodness neither of these decisions make or break anything...

But we have seen Kentucky call a big-time player moments after his commitment announcement press conference, and 30 minutes later, the kid changes his mind. So nothing is out of the question when you are going against Calipari. He won't take "no" for an answer.

As Tark used to say, he preferred to go after players that had already committed elsewhere. Before that, you are competing with everyone else in D1; after the kid commits, you are only competing with one school :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom