FWIW | Syracusefan.com

FWIW

orange03

Starter
Not that this means anything, but I just got a call from a co-worker who's brother went to school with the accusers. In his words they're crackheads and have always had a drug problem, along with other problems. That's not to say none of this happened--but another case where their credibility takes a hit.

Not that this means anything, but I just got a call from a co-worker who's brother went to school with the accusers. In his words they're crackheads and have always had a drug problem, along with other problems. That's not to say none of this happened--but another case where their credibility takes a hit.

But their attorneys can always say that they are that way due to abuse......

Have to prove the abuse first. Unless others come forward, kind of hard to build a case with only the testimony of a couple drug addicts/drunks. Again, I have no clue what happened or didn't happen.

But their attorneys can always say that they are that way due to abuse......

Yeah but is there a definitive, direct correlation to being molested and using drugs in adulthood? If not, this is pretty meaningless to me. I'm sure there are plenty of cases where individuals are molested, and they don't turn to drugs in their adulthood.

Kind of odd that Bernie would allow a kid with a drug problem to babysit his kids. Of course he might not have known.

The original post said "always." So assumed it may have started in high school.

Bas choice of words. Let's just say they've struggled with drug and alcohol addiction for quite some time.

Yeah but is there a definitive, direct correlation to being molested and using drugs in adulthood? If not, this is pretty meaningless to me. I'm sure there are plenty of cases where individuals are molested, and they don't turn to drugs in their adulthood.
If you have ever watched any episodes of the A&E show "Intervention", I'd say there can definitely be a (somewhat strong) correlation between childhood abuse and drug use later later in life. Usually there is some kind of "trauma" that makes people go down the road of "self medication" because they don't know how to deal with the issues that they experienced as a child.

Of course, one of the biggest reasons for drug/alcohol addiction in life is "childhood abandonment issues". The fact that Bobby Davis didn't have his father in his life could (and often does) lead to his controlled substance abuse.

But I'm by no means an alcohol/abuse expert.

Bas choice of words. Let's just say they've struggled with drug and alcohol addiction for quite some time.

Fair enough. I had friends who had alcohol and drug problems in high school. A couple, and I had no idea at the time, who started with drinking and weed in middle school, so it wouldn't have shocked me at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom