Class of 2022 - G Denver Anglin (NJ) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 G Denver Anglin (NJ)

If we offer this kid is that bad news on the Copeland and/or Starling fronts?

I think we could/would take 2 of 3 especially If it is Starling and one of the other 2.

Anglin really looked good yesterday and played ahead of Westry.

If we offer this kid is that bad news on the Copeland and/or Starling fronts?
Not necessarily. It may just mean neither plans to commit any time soon so we're hedging our bets.

Doubt we offer. Seems like he already knows what he wants to do. All good if we can close on JJ.

Doubt we offer. Seems like he already knows what he wants to do. All good if we can close on JJ.

Getting bad vibes from this one. I love Copeland/JJ as our offers but this kid screams player to me. If i recall correctly, we passed on that NC winning PG from Nova, who REALLY wanted to come here, largely due to his lack of “size”. I think this kid has “it” in spades. Too bad we haven’t even offered.

Getting bad vibes from this one. I love Copeland/JJ as our offers but this kid screams player to me. If i recall correctly, we passed on that NC winning PG from Nova, who REALLY wanted to come here, largely due to his lack of “size”. I think this kid has “it” in spades. Too bad we haven’t even offered.

I don't think there's anything "bad" about it -- if we land Anglin and not the others, we're in good shape [with Taylor as the 2]. Anglin is a high major talent who's just underrated right now. That probably changes after this week at the Peach Jam.

I'm guessing that we're only going to be able to add one of JJ / Copeland / Anglin [if we offer] -- but we absolutely, 100% NEED to land ONE of them.

Lowry

The Boneyard seems to think they are in good shape. That Stanford offer stood out. Must be a great student too.

Could be JJ and Westry are both no goes.
Westry probably. As has been said for quite some time. JJ, not yet. The staff likes our chances but they staff may not want to wait for him to decide.

Lowry never won a title at Nova. I think he’s talking about Jalen Brunson.
Correctomundo.

I don't think there's anything "bad" about it -- if we land Anglin and not the others, we're in good shape [with Taylor as the 2]. Anglin is a high major talent who's just underrated right now. That probably changes after this week at the Peach Jam.

I'm guessing that we're only going to be able to add one of JJ / Copeland / Anglin [if we offer] -- but we absolutely, 100% NEED to land ONE of them.
Not “bad” as in if we land him, more like if we don’t. It’s a great problem to have Quadir/JJ/Anglin, but I’m concerned if we strike out on the 1st 2, Q and JJ, that we haven’t even offered a clearly great alternative in Anglin. The Quade Fiasco still gives me PTSD. We should’ve been offered Anglin, not just at the last minute. Wishful thinking probably to offer all 3, but i think Anglin is that good.

Man he would be tiny for the zone and isn’t a terrific athlete to make up for it. He’s a great shooter but we will have plenty of those I think. He doesn’t seem like a PG to me either

St Johns has offered

Man he would be tiny for the zone and isn’t a terrific athlete to make up for it. He’s a great shooter but we will have plenty of those I think. He doesn’t seem like a PG to me either
“Denver has the ability to play both the 1 and 2,” Gill coach Mergin Sina said. “He’s a superior athlete who shoots at an elite level and plays both ends of the floor.”

love this guy. great shooter, athlete, teammate
Size is great at the top of the zone. But, quick hands and lateral movement can make up for a lack of length. Of course, a combined of all of those attributes is best.

If only he were a few inches bigger.

200w.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom