Class of 2024 - G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23) | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23)

I simply stated that Adam didn't have a signed NIL agreement with Elijah. I respect your opinions here.

I simply stated that Adam didn't have a signed NIL agreement with Elijah. I respect your opinions here.

I’m very appreciative of all the info you
have shared here but I have compassion for a young kid trying to follow his dreams with a verbal agreement from a multibillionaire who gave him his word. I know I’m off the cuff sometimes but a little bit of integrity is on the side of AW and I know he has it would be appreciated by the fan base he is a part
Of

For better or worse you'll probably be known here as AW's personal microphone. Not meant as an attack but I'm sure you'll come across your share of unnecessary messages.
All good. I'm simply passing along information on SU sports, whether it has to do with AW, recruits, current players, etc. People can think whatever they want! :)

I’m very appreciative of all the info you
have shared here but I have compassion for a young kid trying to follow his dreams with a verbal agreement from a multibillionaire who gave him his word. I know I’m off the cuff sometimes but a little bit of integrity is on the side of AW and I know he has it would be appreciated by the fan base he is a part
Of
Hey, I completely understand your sentiments here, and I respect your thoughts. Truly.

All this talk about AW….I personally a while back thought it was a good thing to have someone like AW bring in celebrities etc., but over time I began to think it was all about him. Literally everything good he does he has to self promote. Look at me! Look what I did!

That said AW can do whatever he wants with his money, but if the university decides it wasn’t a good look and to move forward a different direction I’m ok with it.

I personally believe Jesse is being driven by his dad to try and get a better deal knowing he isn’t a NBA prospect. So cash in now. I have no problem with this. If my son was a borderline prospect I would advise to take what you can get now and get your best education.

I have said in the past I’m a chef, let’s just say I have heard from chefs In The Syracuse area that do not like AW and how he handles business at his restaurants The Kreb etc. They have said numerous times do not work for him.

Now I’m not one to take all those chefs at their word, but when many chefs say the same thing….we’ll let’s just say I don’t blame the university for cutting ties on this one.

We all wanted change, JB is out….let’s give Red and staff the opportunity! I trust Red and staff! Let’s Go Orange!

I mean, pulling an offer to an 18 year old kid you wined and dined says a lot about Adam…and it isn’t flattering.
Yup. Bet some student reporters are about to dig into a lot more of AW’s businesses and world now that he’s cut ties. A whole lot of people who thought AW was so great because of his sports washing may suddenly think different now.

Yup. Bet some student reporters are about to dig into a lot more of AW’s businesses and world now that he’s cut ties. A whole lot of people who thought AW was so great because of his sports washing may suddenly think different now.
You mean the businesses where the proceeds go to charity? The man isn't perfect, none of us are, but I believe he does a lot of good, more than most of us would do, even with his resources. I don't understand why we need to tear people down.

Well then maybe he’ll stay committed? Maybe it was never part of it

You mean the businesses where the proceeds go to charity? The man isn't perfect, none of us are, but I believe he does a lot of good, more than most of us would do, even with his resources. I don't understand why we need to tear people down.
I mean the guy is bringing exposure to Syracuse basketball and people just don’t like the way he’s doing it. Flying in celebrities, pics on social media pimping out the dome. I think it worked well. I wish others with deep pockets brought more exposure to the basketball team in an era where they are dreadful and badly needed something positive to look forward to.

Is a verbal agreement honored in NYS?
No 18 year old kid is going to sue a billionaire or at least a supposed billionaire. Too expensive and time consuming.

So let me attempt to make sense of this. Weitsman got the kid to commit to SU under a verbal promise that once he gets to SU, a deal would be made? What was stopping him from changing his mind once Moore got to The Hill?

So let me attempt to make sense of this. Weitsman got the kid to commit to SU under a verbal promise that once he gets to SU, a deal would be made? What was stopping him from changing his mind once Moore got to The Hill?
I thought I read in another thread he was already committing prior to his contact with Weitsman and had larger NIL deals on the table.

A situation like this only amplifies why stuff like this shouldn’t be publicized at least in the current iteration of the NIL. Gotta drop bags in the shadows….

Let’s hope that his relationship with the coaching staff is strong enough we can keep him because I’d love to see this kid in Orange. I’m sure vultures are starting to circle though….

No 18 year old kid is going to sue a billionaire or at least a supposed billionaire. Too expensive and time consuming.
No, he will find some lawyer to take it on as a contingent fee case, if the lawyer things there is the potential for a "large enough" fee.

All this talk about AW….I personally a while back thought it was a good thing to have someone like AW bring in celebrities etc., but over time I began to think it was all about him. Literally everything good he does he has to self promote. Look at me! Look what I did!

That said AW can do whatever he wants with his money, but if the university decides it wasn’t a good look and to move forward a different direction I’m ok with it.

I personally believe Jesse is being driven by his dad to try and get a better deal knowing he isn’t a NBA prospect. So cash in now. I have no problem with this. If my son was a borderline prospect I would advise to take what you can get now and get your best education.

I have said in the past I’m a chef, let’s just say I have heard from chefs In The Syracuse area that do not like AW and how he handles business at his restaurants The Kreb etc. They have said numerous times do not work for him.

Now I’m not one to take all those chefs at their word, but when many chefs say the same thing….we’ll let’s just say I don’t blame the university for cutting ties on this one.

We all wanted change, JB is out….let’s give Red and staff the opportunity! I trust Red and staff! Let’s Go Orange!
Great post. Here’s what I find interesting: A lot of the people who wanted JB fired - you know, because no one is bigger than the program - are the same people criticizing SU for cutting ties with AW…who acts like he’s bigger than the program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom