Class of 2024 - G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23) | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23)

Moore is steadily climbing the rankings. He's knocking on the door of Top 50 on some sites.

#57 on 247, #61 on Rivals. He's #74 on on3 and disrespected on ESPN. But it generally seems like each update he's slowly improving his ranking.

Moore is steadily climbing the rankings. He's knocking on the door of Top 50 on some sites.

#57 on 247, #61 on Rivals. He's #74 on on3 and disrespected on ESPN. But it generally seems like each update he's slowly improving his ranking.
I don't think ESPN is really in the business of scouting HS prospects anymore. Their director of scouting left for 247 recently. Paul Biancardi is basically the only guy they have left and he also covers the draft.

That's some serious defensive intensity in that clip...
Poor 106 in black won't be getting in any defense instructional videos. Every highlight he's behind Moore while Moore dunks in transition.

The half-court ones are even worse.

Last edited:
We got the Choppa...
Screenshot_20230612-110229_Instagram.jpg

LGO!

A super underrated part of going from high school to college is the mindset and grind. That is probably the biggest difference for a lot of these kids going into college, more than strength and speed of the game.

College basketball is an absolute grind and you need a special mindset for that. One thing I do not worry about with Moore is the grind and mindset. Dude lives, and breaths basketball and working out. He will be just fine in that department. The only thing that I think Moore needs to worry about is the speed of game. I just don’t want him to be a one dimensional player and just be a shooter. He’s been working alot off the dribble but it’s still not a strength so we’ll see how it translates in college.

So Moore is ranked 81, 57, and 54 by on3, rivals, and 247 respectively, but ESPN has him unranked and the 33rd best shooting guard in the class.

Okay dipsh!ts. Shut down your site.
Utter. Garbage. I get that these rankings are somewhat subjective and can vary from recruiting site to recruiting site. However, for others to have Choppa in the top 60 to the top 80ish, and for ESPN to not have him in the top 100, it's honestly a joke.

Choppa and Judah's playstyles are like Ying and Yang. Judah is a great slasher and midrange player with an okay 3 pointer. Choppa excels at shooting 3s but doesn't seem to have a tendency to slash a lot.

I hope Judah has a great year and gets drafted but those two on the court at the same time could be a nice synergy if we ever saw it.

Choppa and Judah's playstyles are like Ying and Yang. Judah is a great slasher and midrange player with an okay 3 pointer. Choppa excels at shooting 3s but doesn't seem to have a tendency to slash a lot.

I hope Judah has a great year and gets drafted but those two on the court at the same time could be a nice synergy if we ever saw it.
I feel the opposite... Mintz and Moore play a lot alike. Moore shoots more from the perimeter, Mintz more from midrange, but both of them use the dribble to set up their shot rather than going to the basket to finish. Both are capable finishers, so you have to respect the dribble, but their shot is the scariest part of the their offense.