Geno Thorpe - COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Geno Thorpe - COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

Iommi you think we get Thorpe? I believe we will and think Ayala is going to wait til 2018 imo

Iommi you think we get Thorpe? I believe we will and think Ayala is going to wait til 2018 imo

Gut is that we do get him. He could've committed to Pitt but hasn't. Get him on campus for a great visit and I think we net him. He will come off well on visit, I'm very confident in that.

I'm done with the Ayala speculation. If we get a shocker and he winds up in '17 very soon, that's another story. I don't think we will wait around for Ayala much longer at all.

Any news of a visit for Thorpe? Time to lock him up and get him down to cuse
Graduation is June 9th at USF. I wonder if he'll hold off until after? Though he's probably done with requirements at this point or will be shortly.

I know outlets reported Geno would graduate in June. I don't see a June commencement date. According to the USF site, they had graduation ceremonies in early May on the 5th and 6th. They also have summer graduation on August 5th. So Geno either graduated in May and is immediately available (but waiting on EA decision/Cuse offer).. or he graduates in August which could be the hold-up and no visit yet.

I know outlets reported Geno would graduate in June. I don't see a June commencement date. According to the USF site, they had graduation ceremonies in early May on the 5th and 6th. They also have summer graduation on August 5th. So Geno either graduated in May and is immediately available (but waiting on EA decision/Cuse offer).. or he graduates in August which could be the hold-up and no visit yet.
He visited Pitt. It's time for you to get off your butt and get something done. Enough with your excuses.

He visited Pitt. It's time for you to get off your butt and get something done. Enough with your excuses.

Yes, I've seen that as well. But there have been reports that he was going to visit but rescheduled. And some of not going. The dates aren't lining up though. This has been one of the more stealthy recruitments...

Where is Zags when you need him? :rolling:

Gut is that we do get him. He could've committed to Pitt but hasn't. Get him on campus for a great visit and I think we net him. He will come off well on visit, I'm very confident in that.

I'm done with the Ayala speculation. If we get a shocker and he winds up in '17 very soon, that's another story. I don't think we will wait around for Ayala much longer at all.
I really hope you're right.
Kinda loving how we seem to have the All Non-Drama team with the 5 incoming players counting Hughes.

Please give me the one more guy who wants to be at SU.

Why were recruits being tutored?

Looks like Thorpe will look good in Orange. Like others have said, it appears that the coaches might be waiting on Ayala. But good thing Thorpe doesn't seem to be in a hurry to choose Pitt. And I would hate for some other school to get involved. I guess Ayala doesn't understand the psyche of Syracusefan.
HSTV101TheWhiteShadow.jpg

Maybe he could convince Hayward to come and run the point. Salami is just a poor man's Jason Cipolla.

Last edited:
Love to know the few posters who wanted Antigua as a lead recruiter for us. They really need to read this article.

I still would vouch for him. Helps that we have mutual acquitances, but he happened to get caught. This is happening elsewhere. Can't use his tactics at USF without setting off a few alarms. The Bulls aren't the Wildcats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom