Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal

What if Adam Witestman out of spite ponied up the money for Kadary and we're lead to the title. With the flex of delivering the title to us he announces that he's investing a half a billion dollars into the Le Moyne basketball program and will turn it into the Mecca of college basketball driving us into irrelevance and the university implodes and is absorbed by Le Moyne.

Hypothetical question:

Seems like the plan is to keep salaries somewhat even for the starters or main guys so people don’t get upset if one person is making double or triple other starters.

And in this thread posters have commented someone like Kadary for close to 1m would be worth it for a team that that could turn into a contender if they add a star pg.

So the hypo is: if Syracuse finds itself in that situation, is it going to spend the 750-1m on the star and try to hang a banner, or is it going to get a cheaper option for 300k and be content just trying to make a S16?
i dont know where people are getting these precise figures from

can anyone share a link??

and i think the way youve framed the decision making process is waaay off

fro one, players dont just pick the highest bidder...its a mutal dance where both sides make choices

and, two, this paradigm youve described is simply not accurate...donnie freeman is literally the higest ranked recruit since carmelo...so...there arent any payers imo that are off the table right now,,...if anything NIL is benefitting a brand school like SU, imo

Hypothetical question:

Seems like the plan is to keep salaries somewhat even for the starters or main guys so people don’t get upset if one person is making double or triple other starters.

And in this thread posters have commented someone like Kadary for close to 1m would be worth it for a team that that could turn into a contender if they add a star pg.

So the hypo is: if Syracuse finds itself in that situation, is it going to spend the 750-1m on the star and try to hang a banner, or is it going to get a cheaper option for 300k and be content just trying to make a S16?

Nope. Richmond isn't worth that much, IMO. At least, not to us.

What if Adam Witestman out of spite ponied up the money for Kadary and we're lead to the title. With the flex of delivering the title to us he announces that he's investing a half a billion dollars into the Le Moyne basketball program and will turn it into the Mecca of college basketball driving us into irrelevance and the university implodes and is absorbed by Le Moyne.
Could happen

Nope. Richmond isn't worth that much, IMO. At least, not to us.
Not specific to Richmond. Just asking if there was a star for 750-1m in the portal and Red was certain he would elevate us to contend for a national championship, would we figure out a way to do it.

i dont know where people are getting these precise figures from

can anyone share a link??

and i think the way youve framed the decision making process is waaay off

fro one, players dont just pick the highest bidder...its a mutal dance where both sides make choices

and, two, this paradigm youve described is simply not accurate...donnie freeman is literally the higest ranked recruit since carmelo...so...there arent any payers imo that are off the table right now,,...if anything NIL is benefitting a brand school like SU, imo
It’s a hypothetical question.

ill smoke.JPG

How many edibles does it take until you’ve got Lemoyne slated as a the future of cbb….

I, for one, welcome our new Dolphin overlords.

Simpsons Le Moyne.jpg

He may be one of the most underrated players I've ever seen on this board. Then again the people I agree with most on here are usually the ones who I agree with this.

It's mostly out of spite, IMO.
He was one of JBs biggest blunders and ultimately the last nail in the coffin for the Boeheim Era.
Rather then accept the screw up, there are those who've looked for every excuse to dump on KR.
I submit if Richmond had stayed at Syracuse, we would've been in much better shape as a program these last few years.
To blame his work ethic, or academics, or character for JBs f' k up in managing a roster, is simply unfair. JMHO

Adam Witestman

I genuinely cannot wait for Kadary to be done with college basketball, he is one the most tiresome talking points on Syracusefan.com. The extremism on BOTH sides, the excessive hyperbole, assumptions on how/why he left without really knowing, etc.

Bro left Syracuse TWO years ago…

My Delayed Epiphany:
Love JAB, but man did he blow it big time w/Kadary. Really hurt us in the long run.
HOF Coach had no peer. There was no one to say to him, "Listen Jim, this is a guy you don't want to lose."

It took 3 more years for Kadary to turn into anything special. He would have done that at Cuse at least a year sooner, with more playing time. If a kid wants to leave, he wants to leave. Kadary had beef with the way he was being coached. I don’t know what could have been done about it.

It's mostly out of spite, IMO.
He was one of JBs biggest blunders and ultimately the last nail in the coffin for the Boeheim Era.
Rather then accept the screw up, there are those who've looked for every excuse to dump on KR.
I submit if Richmond had stayed at Syracuse, we would've been in much better shape as a program these last few years.
To blame his work ethic, or academics, or character for JBs f' k up in managing a roster, is simply unfair. JMHO

What about 25-30mpg as a Sophmore was going to be unfair to Kadary? He played a lot as a Freshman and didn’t outplay the guy ahead of him by much, objectively. He was going to have an increased role the following year, as the staff clearly recognized his potential. History was on his side. JB would make Freshman earn time and reward the ones who would help him win. The idea that JB held him back or was going to hold him back is baffling and stupid.

We’re acting like Kadary is a world beater. He had two seasons at Seton Hall that were fine. Just fine. Then, in his best season, as the leader of their team, he got them all the way to the…… NIT; a tournament so watered down that that many programs decline showing up.

I don’t understand the love fest for Kadary after he left. Disagreeing about his ability while he was here was fine. But he was not forced out by any stretch of the imagination. He chose to leave for a similar or smaller role at a smaller school. He bailed on the fans and they’re sitting here like he was the lord and savior. He left us. Wondering what would have been if he stayed makes no sense. It wasn’t in our power to make him stay, unless you think bowing down to the demands of an 18yo is the way to go in sports or in life.

Last edited:
I would love to have Kadary back. I still like Leffew as well, but Richmond is more polished and has proven his ability against better competition. It won't happen, but it would be satisfying for a lot of people if it did (that's what she said).

It was closer to home, may have been exactly where he wanted to be. He could've left.
I mean, that’s why Blackwell said he left…and that his mind was made up early on. Don’t know why people can’t just leave it at that. Some of these narratives are silly season.

This is like a battered woman wanting her abusive husband back. “It’ll be different this time.”

The problem this past season was not having a true PG (among other things, like not having a Center). People generally agreed that Judah being ball dominant, not a shooter, and not doing much to help other guys score was an issue.

So, the solution would be a ball dominant, non-shooter, who doesn’t create offense for others because… he’s a little bigger and rebounds?