Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal

Except Pearl, you mean. :)
Pearl was very good penetrating in the half court but his lack of size and athletic ability limited him a bit there. He was a very good PG in half court settings. To me, what set him apart was what he could to in transition. That was his forte. He could break opponents ankles and leave them grasping at air when on the run better than anyone I have ever seen.

Kadary, in HS anyway, is showing potential to be exceptional penetrating in half court settings. With his length, handle, quickness, agility and jumping ability, he is going to be very good in transition too. But check out his highlights in the half court. He has a gift for getting to the basket you don’t see very often.

Kadary led Brewster to a co NC at the prep school championships. Brewster got to the final and was going to play against PSA (who beat Woody’s Mt Zion team earlier in the tournament), but the finals were canceled by the pandemic.

It is a shame. Kadary was going to be named the best player in the tournament. He has the potential to be the best penetrator we have ever had at Syracuse.

Kid is smooth but nobody will ever top Pearl.

You are arguing about a claim no one has made. I would read the posts carefully before responding to them. I mentioned one specific attribute a basketball player can have. That is all.
Its not an argument. Its an opinion. He is excellent going to the rack. Its my opinion he will not end up better than Pearl.

Kadary will be here longer than 1 year at least the jump shot is flawed and needs work, love the handle and penetration and think he will be a force in college. Not saying this in a negative way but NBA is a few years out.

Kadary led Brewster to a co NC at the prep school championships. Brewster got to the final and was going to play against PSA (who beat Woody’s Mt Zion team earlier in the tournament), but the finals were canceled by the pandemic.

It is a shame. Kadary was going to be named the best player in the tournament. He has the potential to be the best penetrator we have ever had at Syracuse.

And people don’t understand the BG situation.

And people don’t understand the BG situation.

Maybe all the corona chat is making me slow - are you suggesting BG left because Kadary would essentially take his spot? I really liked BG and his potential. I hope this is the case, as it makes the pill easier to swallow.

Pearl was very good penetrating in the half court but his lack of size and athletic ability limited him a bit there. He was a very good PG in half court settings. To me, what set him apart was what he could to in transition. That was his forte. He could break opponents ankles and leave them grasping at air when on the run better than anyone I have ever seen.

Kadary, in HS anyway, is showing potential to be exceptional penetrating in half court settings. With his length, handle, quickness, agility and jumping ability, he is going to be very good in transition too. But check out his highlights in the half court. He has a gift for getting to the basket you don’t see very often.
I coached HS basketball for a very long time, and I've been following it even longer. I will be very surprised if Kadary is not a major contributor during his career at SU. His court vision and ability to get to the basket and finish with either hand is elite, IMO. That skill set is something we do not have. I predict it will be obvious very quickly when he is on the floor. Buddy and JG will benefit big time if Kadary can transfer what he is showing on tape at the prep level to his play at the ACC level.

To be clear, I do not think Kadary will be a starter out of the gate (I do think that will come at some point during the season). I do not think he will be a 1 and done player. I do think he is going to make a difference beginning with his freshman season.

I coached HS basketball for a very long time, and I've been following it even longer. I will be very surprised if Kadary is not a major contributor during his career at SU. His court vision and ability to get to the basket and finish with either hand is elite, IMO. That skill set is something we do not have. I predict it will be obvious very quickly when he is on the floor. Buddy and JG will benefit big time if Kadary can transfer what he is showing on tape at the prep level to his play at the ACC level.

To be clear, I do not think Kadary will be a starter out of the gate (I do think that will come at some point during the season). I do not think he will be a 1 and done player. I do think he is going to make a difference beginning with his freshman season.

I agree with all of this. I think the possibility exists he could have a good enough year alongside exposure if the team improves as well that he enters the draft conversation. Akin to a Malachi type of scenario.

I think he could be a really good player for us provided he gets time. As numerous people have said on other threads JB does not like to play more than 7. I do not see this changing unfortunately.

It’s possible Kadary could be our only backup guard next year. He’s going to play.

He’s is going to be our only other guard. Carey and Washington are in the transfer portal.

I figured. Just hadn’t seen that it was official yet.

Cue the folks who say JB only plays 7 anyway.

I was able to see Brewster play a couple weeks ago. Tough to know how Kadary’s game will transition, but I too am optimistic that his ball handling and driving ability are ACC level at this time. It will presumably take him a bit to adjust to playing the zone, and the Guerrier timetable may be the most realistic. Let’s just say that he appeared less than interested in guarding anyone in that game. Will be interesting to see if his innate offensive talent/athleticism gets realized early on. I’m hopeful GMAC can get him to buy in.

Jeebus. By the time he's a junior, he won't even be the best penetrator on the team.

Jeebus. By the time he's a junior, he won't even be the best penetrator on the team.
He won't be here his junior year...No one let's the entire bench (guards) transfer out if there is any doubt about who is coming in

How does he compare to Flynn? I always thought he was the best penetrator we’ve had since Pearl. Devo was also among the best of recent vintage despite not being a super speedy player.

How does he compare to Flynn? I always thought he was the best penetrator we’ve had since Pearl. Devo was also among the best of recent vintage despite not being a super speedy player.
I agree. I think the gold standard for penetrating in the half court in the modern Syracuse era belongs to Flynn.

It would be hard to anyone to be better at penetrating than Jonny was but I think Kadary has a chance. His height and length give him advantages Flynn never had. I don’t want to overhype incoming frosh and for kcsu I will again note that I am not saying Richmond is going to be better than Pearl or Flynn.

I am just saying I think he has a chance to be better at penetrating in the half court offense than any SU player I have ever seen. He does some really impressive things in his highlights, and I think it is worth noting he is doing it against high quality opposition.

If he is at all comparable to Flynn, I'll be ecstatic. Was watching the 2009 6OT game earlier and he got into the lane at will.

Dion was a great ball handler and penetrator. I think one thing to watch with Kadary is if he dribbles low to the ground. With his length, if he dribbles too high some of the better man defenders will give him problems.