Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

The team needs to split up Buddy and JG3 to improve the D. Having them both on the floor together really hurts the top of the zone. Ideally JC, BG and/or KR split minutes at the 1 while Buddy and JG3 split minutes at 2. I know that won't happen but it's best for the D. The only alternative is getting a rim protecting C to cover their mistakes.

This is non sensical

My post was a joke responding to your nonsense. Have you seen Carey stumble around the court, there is no way Kadary plays behind him. Besides he won't even be here. Carey looks like a fish out of water on the court.

I hardly ever post on the basketball side, but my bet is on the following lineup for 2020-2021 if everyone (minus Hughes) returns:

Girard, then Carey
Boeheim, then Richmond
Guerrier, then Braswell
Dolezaj, then Newton
Sidibe, then Edwards

In this scenario Richmond and Braswell battle for minutes ...I love Braswell if he is healthy ...and I love Richmond if Braswell can't go

HoWash, JBA and Goodine continue to get limited minutes

Carey will transfer and Goodine isn’t sticking around in your scenario.

Carey will leave. Goodine stays. Washington? My odds are 70-30 he leaves.
Hughes- 90- 10 he leaves

The team needs to split up Buddy and JG3 to improve the D. Having them both on the floor together really hurts the top of the zone. Ideally JC, BG and/or KR split minutes at the 1 while Buddy and JG3 split minutes at 2. I know that won't happen but it's best for the D. The only alternative is getting a rim protecting C to cover their mistakes.

Girard is still learning how to play D at this level and he does rank in the ACC's top 10 for steals.

He ranks right up there with the Syracuse steal leaders and has 4 games left to play. So he's doing something right.

Syracuse ACC steal leaders:
Ennis - 68
GBinije - 63
Howard - 62
Cooney - 60
Cooney - 56
GBinije - 56
White - 53
Battle - 52
Cooney - 51
Gillon - 48
Girard - 44
Fair - 41

you’re fine with our backcourt being JG3, Buddy, and Kadary? (HoWash probably leaves too)

That was more directed at 2022. But Goodine isn't leaving next year. The backcourt next year is likely to be Boeheim, Girard, Goodine and Richmond. W/Buddy and Richmond getting some run at small forward.

Girard is still learning how to play D at this level and he does rank in the ACC's top 10 for steals.

He ranks right up there with the Syracuse steal leaders and has 4 games left to play. So he's doing something right.

Ennis - 68
GBinije - 63
Howard - 62
Cooney - 60
Cooney - 56
GBinije - 56
White - 53
Battle - 52
Cooney - 51
Gillon - 48
Girard - 44
Fair - 41

If you watch Girard play D he doesn't move around enough, unless he is trying to jump a passing Lane for a steal. He and Buddy allow far too much penetration, so they back off and then can't close on the shooters. That puts MD and BS in difficult spots and they get in foul trouble.

In any other year his D would keep him on the bench. That's not to say he can't improve, he just hasn't improved much this season.

If you watch Girard play D he doesn't move around enough, unless he is trying to jump a passing Lane for a steal. He and Buddy allow far too much penetration, so they back off and then can't close on the shooters. That puts MD and BS in difficult spots and they get in foul trouble.

In any other year his D would keep him on the bench. That's not to say he can't improve, he just hasn't improved much this season.

It's a tough spot to play. Don't allow penetration and still be able to cover how much ground to a shooter? Frank was good at it because he was 6-4 with long arms. I don't think Frank was any quicker than Joe though. Joe will play the spot better as he learns how to anticipate better.

Nobody has even mentioned that they moved the 3 point line back a foot and a half this year and if it's impacted the D. I think it has, as shooters are setting up much further back.

When I say that Girard is still learning how to play D, that's because he barely guarded guards in his entire HS career. Every game I watched him play he was either down low in the back of the zone or matched up against fowards because he was one of the tallest kids on the court.

They should probably develop some statistics to evaluate defense other than just steals ...

My post was a joke responding to your nonsense. Have you seen Carey stumble around the court, there is no way Kadary plays behind him. Besides he won't even be here. Carey looks like a fish out of water on the court.
It’a FAR too early in Carey’s career to write off an athletic scorer like this. Let him develop. Let Goodine develop. Hopefully we let Richmond develop.

It’a FAR too early in Carey’s career to write off an athletic scorer like this. Let him develop. Let Goodine develop. Hopefully we let Richmond develop.

We aren't going to have 6 guards on the roster next year. Just isn't going to happen. Writing is on the wall for 2 to leave. Most likely Carey and Washington.

We aren't going to have 6 guards on the roster next year. Just isn't going to happen. Writing is on the wall for 2 to leave. Most likely Carey and Washington.
My response to this is: why does anyone have to leave? Don't we get 13 scholarship spots? Isn't that what we are using? Do other teams have 13 scholarship players? If so, why aren't we allowed to keep 13 scholarship players, regardless of minutes?

My response to this is: why does anyone have to leave? Don't we get 13 scholarship spots? Isn't that what we are using? Do other teams have 13 scholarship players? If so, why aren't we allowed to keep 13 scholarship players, regardless of minutes?
Because kids want to play and JB is notorious for playing 7-8 guys at most?

Why are we still recruiting players for next year if no player is leaving?

Ennis - 68
GBinije - 63
Howard - 62
Cooney - 60
Cooney - 56
GBinije - 56
White - 53
Battle - 52
Cooney - 51
Gillon - 48
Girard - 44
Fair - 41
Getting steals and blocks doesnt equate to you being good at D. For example, Javelle McGee is almost high on the blocks list each year but gets BURNED on D all the time. Bruce Bowen wasnt the biggest stealer (lol) but was amazing at D

Why are we still recruiting players for next year if no player is leaving?
Now that is a good point. With another 2020 recruit, someone would have to leave. But as it stands right now, we are at 13 scholarships

Now that is a good point. With another 2020 recruit, someone would have to leave. But as it stands right now, we are at 13 scholarships
But, Buddy could be taken off scholarship.