Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal

Good. Great, even. After Jalen and Goodine, I’m just trying to keep my expectations low so I don’t do the whole “completely overrate the guy I’ve never seen play” thing anymore.
He is a different level Athlete compared to Jalen or Goodine, bigger and stronger with a better left hand than anybody on the team...Wow we have no left handed players...We need to fix that

Goodine is a very very good player. He hasn’t met expectations because he hasn’t been allowed to. JB decided he was going with the big shooters. Goodine needs to transfer which is something I never say about a player. He’s more than a spot minutes player. He’s our best defensive guard by far and our best guard at getting to the basket. Pretty good shooter too even if the stats don’t show that. He’s the most athletic too.

I almost wish Joe could have the "Flu" a couple nights and give Brycen a chance to shine.

He is not going it in the games. He should be playing over Washington, but he is not pushing the ball or attacking off the dribble.

It's somewhat similar to what we saw with Jalen his first year and then saw his confidence just erode away. I'm not sure our record if they were given more of a shot but it makes you wonder. Brycens talent offensively is better than Jalens and defensively it's close. Have to be able to get a feel for the games to be productive and not just mop up duty or emergency only.

Go here and tell me how Cooney is a much better shooter than JGIII - use numbers, it should easy.

Maybe you watched Trevor Cooney's brother Terry - the one who could play? Just by PER JGIII is better (17 to 13 where 15 is average). Girard is shooting 35% from 3 in conference - something Cooney never came close to (peak 32.8 and 29.7% average) taking a remarkably similar number of attempts. JGIII is a better FT shooter and similar at 2s (42.3% to 41.1%) when Cooney's rim drives were legendarily bad. D-rating has JGIII as 102.7 (where 100 is average) compared to Coon-dog's 100.9 average. Joe has more assists, a better A:TO ratio, the same steal%. Even TS% is in JGIII's favor outside of one magical season (13-14) where Cooney lit up a string non-con teams at 51% from three, but then settled down to right around 30% where he usually lived.

ETA: I'm done here - Kadary Richmond, folks.
The Coon Dog was a prolific Shooter unfortunately he wasn't a prolific maker.

So now goodine should transfer because he’s a freshman that hasn’t played much this year. Wow. No wonder the transfer portal is a mess. The adults are worse then the kids with this stuff.

hes got a frosh and a sophomore in front of him who will play 38-40 mpg.

He is not doing it in the games. He should be playing over Washington, but he is not pushing the ball or attacking off the dribble.

tough to do much in games when it’s 2-3 mins every 4th game. Last time he got a little run I think he had 5 points? And some good defense. Before that the previous time he got some run he had a couple nice drives to the basket for scores and a couple offensive rebounds.

hes got a frosh and a sophomore in front of him who will play 38-40 mpg.

But if he’s good, they don’t have to play that much?

Why not 30-30-20?

Dion had a senior and junior in front of him and they all played 22-24. Not that this is that, but if he’s legit good and ready to help win games, there’s no reason he can’t get 15-20 mpg next year?

But if he’s good, they don’t have to play that much?

Why not 30-30-20?

Dion had a senior and junior in front of him and they all played 22-24. Not that this is that, but if he’s legit good and ready to help win games, there’s no reason he can’t get 15-20 mpg next year?

hey, you’re speaking to the choir. But I don’t see that happening with joe and Buddy. I just don’t.

tough to do much in games when it’s 2-3 mins every 4th game. Last time he got a little run I think he had 5 points? And some good defense. Before that the previous time he got some run he had a couple nice drives to the basket for scores and a couple offensive rebounds.
Agree with most of your take on Goodine, I think he should be getting a lot more run. He’s shown positive signs when on the floor & given a fair opportunity, i believe he’ll be so much better.
I disagree on the transfer part only because it’s still way too early for that. If Jalen comes back, we’re looking at an entrenched Buddy at the 2, and literally 4 guards fighting for PT at the 1 spot. JB will need to be much more creative juggling his lineups, ie; play 3-guards, etc. but if Brycen is in a similar position at this time next year, then yes, a transfer would be his best option...and a huge missed opportunity for this staff, should that happen. JMHO

I like Goodines shooting and athleticism, but nothing about him shows me he is a PG. His handle is not nearly as tight as Joes. Hope he stays long term and we can find minutes somewhere.

JB opts to go with HoWash over Goodine when he sits Joe. HoWash is our only “true” PG. I imagine JB sees Goodine as more of a 2G and Buddy never sits

Agree with most of your take on Goodine, I think he should be getting a lot more run. He’s shown positive signs when on the floor & given a fair opportunity, i believe he’ll be so much better.
I disagree on the transfer part only because it’s still way too early for that. If Jalen comes back, we’re looking at an entrenched Buddy at the 2, and literally 4 guards fighting for PT at the 1 spot. JB will need to be much more creative juggling his lineups, ie; play 3-guards, etc. but if Brycen is in a similar position at this time next year, then yes, a transfer would be his best option...and a huge missed opportunity for this staff, should that happen. JMHO
Goodine can play the 2, Joe can play the 2. Its ridiculous that JB doesnt play these guys there.

Goodine can play the 2, Joe can play the 2. Its ridiculous that JB doesnt play these guys there.
Why would he take his son off the floor?

Goodine isn’t going anywhere. Kid grew up a Cuse fan. He’s a freshman it’s early everyone has to chill lol. He’s looked good his last couple appearances but if he was playing great in practice and on the court consistently he’d be playing. He’ll have his time it’s just not right now.

Goodine isn’t going anywhere. Kid grew up a Cuse fan. He’s a freshman it’s early everyone has to chill lol. He’s looked good his last couple appearances but if he was playing great in practice and on the court consistently he’d be playing. He’ll have his time it’s just not right now.
Plus he has a broken nose, that’s gotta take you out of your game.

hey, you’re speaking to the choir. But I don’t see that happening with joe and Buddy. I just don’t.
Bees do you think Goodine could play SF next year if Hughes leaves? Then you could play Joe, Buddy, and Goodine with Kadary and Washington off the bench.

Bees do you think Goodine could play SF next year if Hughes leaves? Then you could play Joe, Buddy, and Goodine with Kadary and Washington off the bench.

probably not. I think of Malachi playing a lot of SF but he was bigger. What I will say, and I’ll probably get shouted down, it wouldn’t surprise me to see Buddy play some SF.

If you just look at the players coming in next year and players believed to be leaving we will be a bigger team next year.

Woody will be more ready to play as a freshmen than Guerrier was this year. Because of the competition Woody has faced in high school compared to Guerrier.

Kadary is a guard he doesn't forward now on a team that is a lot shorter than we will be next year.

If JB plays Buddy at the SF than he is an idiot for not recruiting Jimmy who is actually a SF and a far better one than Buddy.

If you just look at the players coming in next year and players believed to be leaving we will be a bigger team next year.

Woody will be more ready to play as a freshmen than Guerrier was this year. Because of the competition Woody has faced in high school compared to Guerrier.

Kadary is a guard he doesn't forward now on a team that is a lot shorter than we will be next year.

If JB plays Buddy at the SF than he is an idiot for not recruiting Jimmy who is actually a SF and a far better one than Buddy.
Oof you don’t think JB knows his kids? Jimmy is a worse athlete than Buddy; not only that but Buddy has an elite skill that Jimmy doesn’t have.