Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

I might be alone in this thought process, but I kinda see him as the "3rd guard" like Mali was.
Mali was technically the 3/SF for us, but in reality, he was the 3rd guard in a 3 guard lineup.

(so - not 1st guard off the bench to sub for JGIII or Buddy)

Clearly not a plug and play replacement* for Eli by any means, but I think his best odds of early PT are at the 3 next year.

(* which assumes Eli is leaving. Which, he is. He gone.)

Problem is Richmond isn’t a good shooter. If he plays the 3, the drop off there will be enormous in terms of scoring and our ability to spread the floor like we can with Hughes.

I believe he should starts at PG. I think JG3 has been great but he is a SG in my option. Having Joe come off the bench allows for maximum flexibility, as he can come in for either Buddy or Kadary, but Kadary will probably come off the bench for Joe every time Joe takes a shot JB doesn't like.

Guerrier and Marek start at forward with Newton or Braswell off the bench.

Center let's see what happens.

We would be 6'-6" at the guards 6'-8" or taller on front-line.

Quincy will need to average 15 points a game.

hasnt it been stated in the past he’s being recruited as a PG?

It’s still no better than a 17-18 win team. SU needs a transfer who can score.
Better defense leads to transition baskets, easy points.

The problem with our defense is we are not stopping teams and we are not getting turnover or enough turnovers.

I see that team getting 23-24 wins. Buddy getting 15, Joe getting 12 off the bench where he can focus on scoring.

Better defense leads to transition baskets, easy points.

The problem with our defense is we are not stopping teams and we are not getting turnover or enough turnovers.

I see that team getting 23-24 wins. Buddy getting 15, Joe getting 12 off the bench where he can focus on scoring.

I’ll bet you at least 500 dollars Joe starts. There’s even an insider on the main board predicting that. As for predictions with Kadary we need to let him win the third guard spot first. We have been down this road with unrealistic expectations with Carey and Goodine the last two years and look how that turned out.

I’ll bet you at least 500 dollars Joe starts. There’s even an insider on the main board predicting that. As for predictions with Kadary we need to let him win the third guard spot first. We have been down this road with unrealistic expectations with Carey and Goodine the last two years and look how that turned out.
I think Joe WILL start but he isn't a PG IMO. We don't have a back-up guard so there will be not real competition.

We have no one on our team with his handle and ability to finish with both hands.

It's going to be very hard to keep this kid off the court. He's got it
I hope you’re right! Some people seem concerned about his interest in or ability to defend.

Insider of who starts next season? Lmaoooo

Looks like a pretty solid pg to me recently. Best handle if anyone we have had since Ennis.
He is a very good scorer, having a handle doesn't make you a point guard. I like him but he is at his best when he is looking to score.

There is a reason Hughes brings the ball up against the press and plays point forward at the end of the game.

JG3 is more efficient off the ball.

He is a very good scorer, having a handle doesn't make you a point guard. I like him but he is at his best when he is looking to score.

There is a reason Hughes brings the ball up against the press and plays point forward at the end of the game.

News to me. May want to check some tape.

yeah because there’s lot of evidence of JB benching a returning starting guard for a freshman.
Exactly it’s obvious he’s going to start unless Kadary is the second coming of the pearl with the ball in his hands.

I think Joe WILL start but he isn't a PG IMO. We don't have a back-up guard so there will be not real competition.

We have no one on our team with his handle and ability to finish with both hands.
No handle? Your credibility ended here. Joe has the best handle since Ennis, and it’s probably better than his.

We initiate through Hughes at the end of games or the end of halves. Far less than stated here.
I never stated halves, and we do it at the end of almost every close game. Joe is Joey Buckets he is a scorer and a good one, but Hughes leads the team in assists.....

Jim will have the forwards bring the ball up on man press because they have a weaker defender not because they are better ball handlers than the point.

I never stated halves, and we do it at the end of almost every close game. Joe is Joey Buckets he is a scorer and a good one, but Hughes leads the team in assists...

That wasn't what you said. Doesn't matter. I expect Richmond to play 15 minutes at most next year and compete for the 3rd guard spot. Who knows. He may even be behind Goodine.