Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

Kadary has a knack for getting to the basket and looks skilled at finishing through contact. Pretty crafty game and the thing that was most impressive in his recent tape at Brewster is how effective he is at going left. Such a huge game changer that is so overlooked. So many players are so predictable off the dribble and have a go to move they like. Hes what I would call a bucket getter. Very good at creating for himself but also noticed some nice dimes in his recent tape. Has that NYC toughness about his game and from what I can tell from almost all the tape on him is that he has played some pretty good looking competition over the years. This year at Brewster will be huge for him. Glad to have him wrapped up because he will get noticed BIG time this year when he starts playing. He plays on the same team as one of the top kids in the country, UK commit Terrance Clarke and from some of the Brewster practice videos out there you would think Kadary is option #1(I know, its because its highlights of kadary and not TC) but Kadary definitely stood out. Excited to see how they play together this year...he will rise up the rankings more before it's all said and done.

Kadary has a knack for getting to the basket and looks skilled at finishing through contact. Pretty crafty game and the thing that was most impressive in his recent tape at Brewster is how effective he is at going left. Such a huge game changer that is so overlooked. So many players are so predictable off the dribble and have a go to move they like. Hes what I would call a bucket getter. Very good at creating for himself but also noticed some nice dimes in his recent tape. Has that NYC toughness about his game and from what I can tell from almost all the tape on him is that he has played some pretty good looking competition over the years. This year at Brewster will be huge for him. Glad to have him wrapped up because he will get noticed BIG time this year when he starts playing. He plays on the same team as one of the top kids in the country, UK commit Terrance Clarke and from some of the Brewster practice videos out there you would think Kadary is option #1(I know, its because its highlights of kadary and not TC) but Kadary definitely stood out. Excited to see how they play together this year...he will rise up the rankings more before it's all said and done.
This is his senior highlight tape. He is going to cause problems for people trying to defend him and I think he is going to be very good in the 2-3. I like a guy who can slash and hit the pull-up jumper in the paint.

and that is why highlights are hard to judge a kid. Everyone looks like they give 100% all the time on highlight reels. Historically, we are not the greatest at motivating kids with marginal motors...
I'm not taking a single tweet as grounds to question his motor.

This is his senior highlight tape. He is going to cause problems for people trying to defend him and I think he is going to be very good in the 2-3. I like a guy who can slash and hit the pull-up jumper in the paint.

Yep...very crafty and skilled at getting to the hoop. There is a lot to like about his game.

Gotta say, I'm blown away by this highlight package (thanks Tom for posting). Had I not seen his ranking would have guessed he looks like a top-50 player for sure (and may end up there after a big year in Brewster). Tremendous "get" for the program.

There is an MCW like vibe to this kid in terms of how quickly he has jumped up in the rankings. Obviously we landed MCW super early and grabbed Kadary later on but based on the summer this kid had and the exposure he should get playing at Brewster it will be really interesting just how far up the rankings he could go.

Reminds me of TJ Warren of NC St. I really hated playing against him. I was constantly saying "why can't we ever get a kid like this who can get wherever he wants at that size and make the pullup jumper" . Welcome aboard Kadary, it's a honor to have a player that can make his layups.

This kid can play. That last video tomcat posted was sick.

What a class this is going to be once Jackson pulls the trigger (just cause I'm calling it ...not cause I have any inside info)
Do we have room for IJ with KRs commitment? Am I missing something? Thought we only had room for two unless Eli leaves a year early to the draft.

Yea if anyone has any doubts or doesnt know much about his game then I suggest watching the 9 minute video tom posted. Kid is a baller and hes doing it against pretty good looking competition. Doesnt look like scrub teams hes playing. Kadary is a swiss army knife that does a little bit of everything. Really like his pull up jumper.

Yea if anyone has any doubts or doesnt know much about his game then I suggest watching the 9 minute video tom posted. Kid is a baller and hes doing it against pretty good looking competition. Doesnt look like scrub teams hes playing. Kadary is a swiss army knife that does a little bit of everything. Really like his pull up jumper.

Yep that and how he finishes well in traffic and with both hands.

Is anyone else made unusually nervous by the fact the title of this thread hasn’t changed to “COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE” - like it’s not real unless “the board” verifies it?! Stop messing with me people, haha.
1572352541613.gif

edit: thanks admins for the change!
1572356020632.gif

Last edited:
Im glad we are landing top recruits on the hoops side of Cuse Athletics maybe Jimmy B can share some of his secrets with Dino.

Next years class looks stacked, well done coaches!

Haven't all our good teams had that "guy" though? Their success is often predicated on the quality of the guys around them. With multiple scorers t and threats this year, you could argue there is less reliance on the one guy than there was in others.

I get what you're saying, and yes, we do seem to have the "star system" on offense.

But in my opinion, our best teams have been teams filled with a bunch of equals, like 2010 or 2000, to name a couple. Those teams could score inside or outside, on the drive or from deep.
You didn't really have just one guy who was going to take the shot to beat the buzzer, and that made us harder to defend than one guy pounding the rock out at the midway line until there are only a few seconds left to make a move or get off a shot.

My two cents.

He really does make sense. We have to get as much talent up on the Hill as we can. I think it is going to be very difficult to recruit players the closer we get to JB's last days.

That's a fair point. But we do already have 5 guards.

Thanks for posting this, Tomcat.

He is certainly a nice player to pick up!

To me, he seems like a cross between Tyus Battle (not quite the driver, but similar midrange game) and Mali Richardson (not quite the shooter that Mali was, but certainly more natural than Battle).

His hesitation move to the left and then drive to the right works almost every time at his current level, but the first dribble he takes after he makes his fake to the left is always kind of a high bounce that might get swiped at the college level. So he has to tighten up his handle on that move for sure.

He uses that fake left, drive right so often that by the 3 minute mark, I was wondering if he ever goes left. Then he does a couple times in a row on the tape, so I'm glad he has that in his locker to keep defenders honest.

He has NBA range on his outside shot, but his release point is a little low. His form is not picture perfect, but his touch is very good. He feels like a shooter.

Very nice addition, and in his acceptance post on Twitter, he talked about attending the university, not just auditioning for the NBA. I like that a lot. Very classy. I wish this kid nothing but the best.