Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

He really does make sense. We have to get as much talent up on the Hill as we can. I think it is going to be very difficult to recruit players the closer we get to JB's last days.
People forget what it's like having a 12 man roster. May the best players play. Healthy competition among good players will make improved players. Bigger, faster and stronger.

I miss positive true blue

football has not been good for you
You think ive been bad? Just wait until MNF tonight when I get the “privilege” of watching my phins after the past few cuse performances.

This is our insurance policy if JC doesn't work out.
download (4).jpeg

Have faith.

Last edited:
I'd take him over Richardson.
Andre Jackson is composite 70 and dropping. Richmond is composite 101 and rising. But you complained about not getting top 40 players which Jackson wasn’t either. So are you just trying to be negative about a great get or do you sit under rain clouds every day?

Haven't all our good teams had that "guy" though? Their success is often predicated on the quality of the guys around them. With multiple scorers t and threats this year, you could argue there is less reliance on the one guy than there was in others.
It's a no-win debate. If we don't have "the man", people complain we have no one to go to in the clutch. If we do, they say he's going to hurt the team by playing for his stat line. It's worked well in some years and not so well in others. At this point, to say this is going to be a bad thing is just being negative.

The coaches are after these hybrid type guards who’s first thought is SCORE and I think when you watch the unc programs of the world, their great teams have had elite scoring guards and SU will thrive if they keep getting this “type” of player. This is an exceptional get

Unless we expect to lose a couple guards after this season, this player doesn't make a lot of sense with the current roster makeup.
I think he makes a bunch of sense. He wouldn't need to grow much to become a forward and be a 2-3. Has a guard skill set. We've got to put our scholarships towards somebody. He likes us and profiles as pretty talented.

Plus, the closer we get to Buddy's senior year, the weirder recruiting is going to get with an uncertain head coach situation. Getting guys now when that's not as big a worry is a smart play for the program's future.

Our coaches need to get major props on Kadary. Everyone thought AJ was signed and sealed for the Cuse but they must have had an inkling and kept KR in their back pocket. Seemed like he came out of nowhere, and might have, but this happened pretty quick. I am sure many will agree with me, but those late spring commitments are crazy. Give me these guys that want to commit before the fall signing period.

Good article on ‘Kooks’:

He had a great summer that really moved him up the charts and gave him an opportunity to play college basketball at the highest level.

I read one blurb on him that said he plays at his pace and cannot be sped up, which kind of scares me. But this is the same kid who scored 51 points in a summer league game in the city. Maybe he had an epiphany and realized he played best at a fast pace.

I think it is only appropriate that we have the same number of guards from NYC on the roster that we have on the coaching staff. Good to see us leveraging those NYC connections.

Next year, we could go with an all NYC backcourt. Flatbush and Harlem.

Or an all Upstate NY backcourt (2 of our 3 NYC guards).

And a front court from the South Sudan, Slovakia and the Netherlands.

The taller they are, the further away they come from. ;)

Last edited:
Seems pretty athletic - wiry strong. Not an overly pretty shot, but it looks like he's got a decent motor. I'd like to see this kid on the defensive end of the court. The long wingspan would help up top of the zone...but we may be playing M2M by the time he leaves.