Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

He's crafty. Like a bigger Scoop. A nice piece, but not the piece. My initial assessment was Ron Patterson, but he's much bigger and more fluid. Not a top-shelf athlete though, but we've been getting beat up by players like him for years now.

I don't think his game resembles Ron Patterson's at all. He's got a very good handle, and is very fluid putting the ball on the floor [unlike Patterson].

Stacked? We have signed the 97th and 103rd rated recruits signed. If we get Jackson awesome, if we don't when was the last class we had when our best recruit was ranked so poorly? Never?

In fairness, Richmond could end up a heck of a lot higher on this list and consequently A. Jackson on the wrong side of 100.

i actually expect it this year.

my own eyes tell me that there is a lot more talent on this squad than is conveyed by their "star" ratings

I like Hughes and Buddy, Buddy moreso. I dont think we have a capable player bringing the ball up and we're so so weak inside. Sidibe is going to be a big key to this team.

There are going to be growing pains with thie squad, we'll end up gelling mid season. I can see 20 wins.

i actually expect it this year.

my own eyes tell me that there is a lot more talent on this squad than is conveyed by their "star" ratings

I am with you here. Looks a lot more like high end talent than mid major or low high major recruits as the rankings would suggest.

Even with Richmond who has been moving up the rankings in a hurry of late and his highlight reel (noted asterisk always) looks a lot more like top 40 than barely top 100.

I am with you here. Looks a lot more like high end talent than mid major or low high major recruits as the rankings would suggest.

Even with Richmond who has been moving up the rankings in a hurry of late and his highlight reel (noted asterisk always) looks a lot more like top 40 than barely top 100.

There has been no correlation of the rankings with our ratings? Thats bunk.

And unless we lose a bunch of frontcourt players, neither does IJ. Kid is talented and likely challenges the current wings from day 1. No idea what happens with Howard Washington. Love the kid- but hard to say. Also- Carey is still a work in progress. What if he doesn't improve? If Hughes leaves- Richmond is the type of player who could help fill depth there.
And unless we lose a bunch of frontcourt players, neither does IJ. Kid is talented and likely challenges the current wings from day 1. No idea what happens with Howard Washington. Love the kid- but hard to say. Also- Carey is still a work in progress. What if he doesn't improve? If Hughes leaves- Richmond is the type of player who could help fill depth there.
Bottom line we got 2 top 100 Kids after some people thought I recruiting was fading. I am pretty happy with what's going on right now. This looks like a pretty solid class so far and I don't know if we're done yet but I'm happy so far and it looks like we're on our way back up to getting into where we were before this probation crap started. Let's go cuse!

There has been no correlation of the rankings with our ratings? Thats bunk.
Geez, dude...don’t you ever let up?? Even good news like this is dismissed and/or disregarded, and it’s always “woe is us, we suck” day after day after day.
Forgive some of us for being even a little optimistic about our team...just a little?!
Sheesh.:rolleyes:

I like Hughes and Buddy, Buddy moreso. I dont think we have a capable player bringing the ball up and we're so so weak inside. Sidibe is going to be a big key to this team.

There are going to be growing pains with thie squad, we'll end up gelling mid season. I can see 20 wins.

yeah. From what I’ve seen so far, I like what we have at the 2,3, and 4 spots quite a bit.

I like that we actually have 3 centers on the team, but have questions on how productive Sidibe will be.

PG - There are things I like about all of them. But say if we’re playing Duke and Jones is picking us up and hounding for 94 feet, I’m not feeling good about that at all.

Definitely will be growing pains and I’m sure some games will suck. I like that we’ve got shooters and guys who can pass again, so I’m encouraged with the direction.

I think when this guard group matures, we could have a great team.

Right now. I have a feeling that we will have a surprise transfer. I have no inside info on that. Just my feeling that Jb will have trouble keeping 4 guards happy. Let alone 5.
Are they going to allow transfers to play immediately. Then there will be a good chance we lose someone.

Gotta say, I'm blown away by this highlight package (thanks Tom for posting). Had I not seen his ranking would have guessed he looks like a top-50 player for sure (and may end up there after a big year in Brewster). Tremendous "get" for the program.
Yes. That's what i said after seeing an earlier video. There aren't 99 better players coming in. If you told me he was top 20 (based on that highlight set), i'd have believed it. He's got pro tools/skills. A longer Dumars/Wade. Can't wait.

Yes. That's what i said after seeing an earlier video. There aren't 99 better players coming in. If you told me he was top 20 (based on that highlight set), i'd have believed it. He's got pro tools/skills. A longer Dumars/Wade. Can't wait.

I rarely get excited by highlight reels -- but agreed. His skills are VERY impressive, tremendous versatility.

Right now. I have a feeling that we will have a surprise transfer. I have no inside info on that. Just my feeling that Jb will have trouble keeping 4 guards happy. Let alone 5.
Maybe eurodude goes overseas to play for pay?

I like this kid better than AJ. In todays game if you cant shoot your a liability. AJ will never be a good shooter. In the end i think we are getting the better player.
AJ is the better athlete, but from all indications, KR is the better basketball player. I won’t say AJ will “never be a good shooter”, maybe he’ll develop and improve at UConn- bless his heart.
But Kadary has a higher ceiling, IMO. We’ll more than “settle” for the high iq guy w/ the better handle, jumper, and passing skills.

AJ is the better athlete, but from all indications, KR is the better basketball player. I won’t say AJ will “never be a good shooter”, maybe he’ll develop and improve at UConn- bless his heart.
But Kadary has a higher ceiling, IMO. We’ll more than “settle” for the high iq guy w/ the better handle, jumper, and passing skills.

i think its difficult to say who has the higher ceiling but most people would argue that the more athletic player does, which is andre jackson. If andre beefs up, something he needs to do, he could be shorter version of k-mart.

Last edited:
I should've said bubble.
Yes, many of us had high hopes for last year’s team (Final Four potential?) and those weren’t ever met. But we were never really on the bubble. Throughout February, most experts were predicting Cuse safely in the field.

Play him at the 3. It’s 2020. Get all the ball handlers and shooters out there that you can.

We have seen it for 20 years. If we play a swingman on the bottom of the zone, and he can't rebound like a true forward, teams shoot from the opposite side and have rebounders gang up on that guy's side, crushing us on the offensive boards.

Last edited:
Well, if we are going to lose players, who are your most likely picks?

1. Hughes
2. Guerrier
3. Marek
4. Howard Washington

3 forwards and 1 guard make up my list.

I think Hughes is the only realistic chance to go pro. What I don’t get is why everyone thinks Guerrier has a legit shot for the draft after his freshman year. Looking at rankings alone, 247 has him listed as 72. Definitely not a one and done type ranking, so unless he has an absolutely mvp type season, he’s not going pro...

We have seen it for 20 years. If we play a swingman on the bottom of the zone, and he can't rebound like a true forward, teams, shoot from the opposite side and have rebounders gang up on that guy's side, crushing us on the offensive boards.

True at times. The years when Josh Pace had to play the back of the zone and teams like Pitt and UConn were big, physical, and good inside come to mind.

I have zero proof or data, but my observation is you don’t see as many teams like that now and that more teams play smaller, more finesse lineups.

Part of it depends on how tall Richmond actually is and how his rebounding is. Hughes isn’t exactly huge and he’s been pretty good down there overall. Same with Malachi a couple years ago.

Well, if we are going to lose players, who are your most likely picks?

1. Hughes
2. Guerrier
3. Marek
4. Howard Washington

3 forwards and 1 guard make up my list.
Why is Marek potentially leaving a thing? I genuinely do not understand.

Why is Marek potentially leaving a thing? I genuinely do not understand.

Because he could be a pro in Europe and probably never will be in the US.