Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

Do you know how good this team would be with him?
You said: “The national media will go full blown nuts.”
Syracuse is not in the national discussion right now. Richardson doesn’t move the needle for any national reporter. He’s a decent college player. SU is an afterthought nationally. It might be mentioned in passing.
Whether or not SU would be better would depend if Kadary is playing for SU, or for Kadary.

Kadary is playing for SU, or for Kadary.
I don't know what you're talking about with this. The top tier teams want him. The only thing Syracuse is lacking right now is a point guard and he's the best in the country. With him, they become one of the favorites to win it all.

You think you know more than Pitino?

Pretty sure he’s aware of what Kadary can and cannot do
Pitino went after his entire team last year for not playing defense. Good luck with Kadary.

It will probably be good for him in two ways (#1 he will get paid a lot #2 Pitino will get the best out of him).
And knowing Pitino, the best in to him, as well.

Pitino went after his entire team last year for not playing defense. Good luck with Kadary.
Right. So again, Pitino was furious with his teams lack of effort this year, played Seton Hall, saw him play up close, followed the BE all year. And he’s so dumb that he’s like “we’ll pay him a ton even though doesn’t try”. That’s your take.

Right. So again, Pitino was furious with his teams lack of effort this year, played Seton Hall, saw him play up close, followed the BE all year. And he’s so dumb that he’s like “we’ll pay him a ton even though doesn’t try”. That’s your take.
Rick Pitino thinks he’s God. He thinks he can make every player do whatever he wants. Everyone said Pitino would kill it in recruiting and get every great player from the city. So far he has struck out with every big time city recruit. If Kadary goes to St. John’s it won’t be because of Pitino. It will be strictly money. Pitino is the definition of slime and should have received a five year no show clause.

He wasn't on that team. He came in next year when they made the tourney. 21-11.
But the point is still well taken, his numbers at Seton Hall were not dramatically better (and he had a better supporting cast there).Not that I wouldn’t have wanted to see him stay at SU or come back now.
Btw at points in their careers I think both KR and JG had stamina issues; the few games I watched KR at the Hall he seemed to take off some plays.

Last edited:
But the point is still well taken, his numbers at Seton Hall were not dramatically better (and he had a better supporting cast there).Not that I wouldn’t have wanted to see him stay at SU or come back now.
Btw at points in their careers I think both KG and JG had stamina issues; the few games I watched KG at the Hall he seemed to take off some plays.

Sure. I was just pointing out he wasn’t on that specific team. The point is valid for his soph year.

I don't know what you're talking about with this. The top tier teams want him. The only thing Syracuse is lacking right now is a point guard and he's the best in the country. With him, they become one of the favorites to win it all.
No, we don’t. Best returning player is Bell. No other proven scorers. I think Freeman will be really good, but he won’t make us a favorite. No dominant inside guy.
Orange colored glasses aren’t becoming.
We could be really good, but would not be a preseason favorite to win the title. We would be behind Duke and UNC in the league, at least.

I’ll take him no doubt. He was ready to play as a freshman and now he’s experienced, seasoned ,(Montreal steak) and he doesn’t need to be able to shoot when he’s a capable scorer.

No, we don’t. Best returning player is Bell. No other proven scorers. I think Freeman will be really good, but he won’t make us a favorite. No dominant inside guy.
Orange colored glasses aren’t becoming.
We could be really good, but would not be a preseason favorite to win the title. We would be behind Duke and UNC in the league, at least.
If they got Kadary and added a 4/5 big who could play a little small center and pick up some minutes at the 4 when necessary, this team would be loaded at every position.

Rick Pitino thinks he’s God. He thinks he can make every player do whatever he wants. Everyone said Pitino would kill it in recruiting and get every great player from the city. So far he has struck out with every big time city recruit. If Kadary goes to St. John’s it won’t be because of Pitino. It will be strictly money. Pitino is the definition of slime and should have received a five year no show clause.
You hit some of my points I was going to say but more harshly. My hot take was that it’s not a plus for him going to St. John’s with Pitino there. He might see a little too much old curmudgeon in him like Boeheim. Playing for a guy in his 70’s with that baggage isnt what some guys are looking for. Not as if Pitino put the Johnnies in the tournament either.

Then again technically Boeheim is still floating around the Melo center so that’s prob not helping us either.

Some of you are crazy. The kid just averaged 15 ppg, 5ast, and 7 rebounds this year. He is rated by many services as the top portal transfer.

But people are still using generic statements about his effort when he was a brand new Freshman in college? Bitter much?

Maybe it's just me, but I can't wait until his eligibility is used up. I am sick and tired of hearing about him.

Of course, some of you will probably still be talking about him 15 years from now.
Yep Yes GIF by C H A R L Ö T T E