Class of 2024 - G/SF Jalik Dunkley-Distant (Canada) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 G/SF Jalik Dunkley-Distant (Canada) Offered

Very athletic. Recruiting against Rhode Island. How the mighty have fallen!

Why was his visit so quiet? Didn’t see any social media posts or anything.

He's No. 76, per Rivals, and No. 97, per the 247S Composite.
I saw a site today where he was listed around 130. Owens was also ranked quite low. We seem to be involved with a lot of guards for 2024. What about some bigs?

I saw a site today where he was listed around 130. Owens was also ranked quite low. We seem to be involved with a lot of guards for 2024. What about some bigs?
Yeah he's I believe No. 112 from On3 and No. 125 from the On3 Consensus. I hear ya on bigs. Freeman didn't put SU in his top 5. Queen seems out. Missi is headed to Baylor. As of right now, Thomas Sorber from Philly may be the best bet. He recently soared in new rankings from On3. Went to the Elite Camp in August. Not sure if SU is a big contender for him though.

If we land Patterson, in the 2024-25 season we would have a sophomore C, redshirt sophomore C, and senior C, and depending on development might need to leave room for a portal big. Our forwards in 2024-25 (assuming no transfers, which is unlikely), would be 4 juniors (including Q and JT, who are really guards, but are playing forward now) and 1 senior. Out of the 3 guards that play this year, two are seniors who could take an extra year of eligibility but I doubt both do and in any event run out of eligibility by 2024, and Judah should be a pro after two years, meaning he'd be gone for 2024-25. Seems right to be focused on guards. Could use a forward too. Of course this whole thing will be blown up by transfers so it's almost pointless to try to predict.

Good interview diving deeper into JDD...

In terms of his recruitment...
"PI: What is your recruitment update?
JDD: I got offers from four schools right now and hope to earn more soon. I got Washington State, Rhode Island, Syracuse, and Pitt. In terms of interest, I got Creighton, Arizona, G League, and a few others.

PI: Have you had a dream school growing up?
JDD: Oh, that's a good question. Dream school growing up as a kid, I think it was definitely Duke cause R.J. Barrett was there playing with Zion and just seeing them dominate was pretty impressive. So I think I'll say Duke. If not Duke, then Kentucky, for sure.

PI: Which schools are you hoping to visit in the near future?
JDD: I think I'm definitely interested in visiting Pitt. I think that's one of them. If Arizona offered me, I would like to visit them, as well."

Dunkley and his twin bro are transferring to Dream City in Arizona along with Tony Mac and Co...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom