Ga Tech has a bowl problem - two FCS games and only one counts. | Syracusefan.com

Ga Tech has a bowl problem - two FCS games and only one counts.

Crusty

Living Legend
They beat Elon 70-0 and play Alabama A&M on November 23.

They are 3-3 with one FCS win. That means that they have to win 3 of their last 5 not counting Alabama A&M. Clemson and Georgia are not going to happen so they have to beat us, Pitt and Virginia. Our game is important for us but it is critical for them.They play:
Syracuse
at Virginia
Pitt
at Clemson
Alabama A&M
Georgia
They have wins vs Elon, Duke and NC. Why are they good again?

Shafer has been getting us ready for the triple option since the summer. I think we will be ready.
Go Orange!

Last edited:
They beat Elon 70-0 and play Alabama A&M on November 23.

They are 3-3 with one FCS win. That means that they have to win 3 of their last 5 not counting Alabama A&M. Clemson and Gerogia are not going to happen so they have to beat us, Pitt and ViVirginia. Our game is important for us but it is critical for them.They play:
Syracuse
at Virginia
Pitt
at Clemson
Alabama A&M
Georgia
They have wins vs Elon, Duke and NC. Why are they good again?

Shafer has been getting us ready for the triple option since the summer. I think we will be ready.
Go Orange!

I don't understand why this happens in the ACC. It was either last year or the year before that State had to win their last two games in order to make a bowl because they had played two FCS teams. I know they want easy wins but that is really dumb scheduling.

I don't understand why this happens in the ACC. It was either last year or the year before that State had to win their last two games in order to make a bowl because they had played two FCS teams. I know they want easy wins but that is really dumb scheduling.

They've been listening to the FSU guys when it comes to their own schedules.

The ACC told teams they would be moving to a nine-game conference schedule. So GT only scheduled 3 non-conference games. Then the ACC went back to eight conference games, so GT needed another non-conference opponent on short notice. Hence the two FCS games this season. It's not really their fault.

The ACC told teams they would be moving to a nine-game conference schedule. So GT only scheduled 3 non-conference games. Then the ACC went back to eight conference games, so GT needed another non-conference opponent on short notice. Hence the two FCS games this season. It's not really their fault.
Of course not but they still have the problem which may mean they will be up for our game.

The Georgia game could still be winnable. If Georgia's players keep dropping like flies, they may not be able to put 11 guys on the field.

They've been listening to the FSU guys when it comes to their own schedules.

LOL. Like mentioned, it was a fluke. Just like FSU ended up with two FCS last year when WVU dumped the series. It's an awful situation for them, because even with those two games, it's a tough OOC schedule with @BYU and UGA. As a result, world's worst schedule.

It's unfortunate, because they have I think the third longest bowl streak in the country. That's pretty impressive consistency for a program that isn't hanging around the top of the polls very often. Shame to see it end on a scheduling fluke.

We also played two FCS schools last year or the year before.

Not sure why but I thought ELON was in the Sun Belt. Maybe their AD thought so as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom