Ga Tech Pt II postgame | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Ga Tech Pt II postgame

No, I think most of us are fine with how the NCAA went after SU for what appeared to us to be minor violations in the 2005-2012 period.

It's you who has your panties in a knot about hiring coaches who haven't done the worst of what coaches do out there. The schools that protect and whitewash rapists on campus; THAT'S a problem I don't want at Syracuse. People covering up murders by players on the team? THAT'S something to rightly ban someone for.

Paying players and making them eligible. That's what coaches do. Should Roy Williams have all his wins from UNC taken away for those fake classes? That's worse than Fab Melo, right, because it's systemic.

Duke, with booster's hiring people's parents to travel from Alaska to live in North Carolina so they can watch their kid play. Setting up parents in fake jobs is nothing I've ever heard us accused of. Should Coach K lose 100 or 200 wins? Not gonna happen.

So, save your wrath and outrage for those who deserve it. Did you support Nate Oats as a candidate at one time? Many on here have. But now he's protected an accomplice to a murder, and they even had him go through a fake police shakedown as his game introduction "dance".

That's a guy to have a problem with. That is a lack of a moral compass.
Pretty low bar. My feeling is SU isn’t going from a messy ending with JB to hiring a guy who’s had issues before. So no Miller, Pitino, Oats or Beard.
And btw why isn’t Miller still coaching at Arizona?

All you posters who have woodies for Sean Miller or Rick Pitino, save yourself the aggravation (and save the internet its pixels).

Neither of these hires will ever happen. Ever.

EuTgsPQXAAEw331.jpg

All you posters who have woodies for Sean Miller or Rick Pitino, save yourself the aggravation (and save the internet its pixels).

EuTgsPQXAAEw331.jpg
Or Nate oats

I think this pretty much sums it up

We’re loam

EuTgsPQXAAEw331.jpg
Do you want to be irrelevant or a top-10 powerhouse that puts Syracuse back on the map? The athletic department is at a crossroads with the conference being held together by duct tape. The last thing they should be worried about is a coach with past mistakes. The only thing they should be worried about is positioning their revenue sports to strengthen the brand when the musical chairs stops. We're all sinners, ask for forgiveness later.

Vindication, not celebration. A lot of folks have seen this coming for a long time and been villainized for pointing it out. It is what it is. This was the worst home loss of the JB era and things are not trending in the right direction. Haven't been for the last several years.

Au contraire, mon frere!!!

St John's 2016 says "hold my beer!"

The defeat marked the first time that a Jim Boeheim-coached team has lost five nonconference games in the regular season — and Syracuse fans booed their beloved Orange off the court.

Three St. John's players scored in double figures, the Red Storm scored 32 points on 19 Syracuse turnovers and outscored the Orange 36-12 from beyond the arc in overwhelming their former Big East rivals 93-60.

"I didn't get them ready to do what they needed to do. We just didn't execute on defense or offense. St. John's did. That was the game," Boeheim said. "This is on me, not the players."

Or Chris Beard and Greg McDermott.
McDermott runs a great offense with all five guys moving and involved. The ball and bodies move. Four defenders just stand and watch playing against SU.

McDermott runs a great offense with all five guys moving and involved. The ball and bodies move. Four defenders just stand and watch playing against SU.
That's not why we won't hire him.

I don’t think his coaching has cost us many games, I think we have a beyond awful roster. Outside of Judah and Jesse there isn’t one guy who would’ve started or got more than 10 minutes a game since probably the 90s.
So the zone he has used all season and the offensive schemes he coaches have nothing to do with the lack of success? I disagree.

So the zone he has used all season and the offensive schemes he coaches have nothing to do with the lack of success? I disagree.

We it’s the same zone more or less as the one he used in 2018

Whats the issue with the offense? We can score.

The defense, it’s worked great for a long long time, there is value in it, NBA teams are playing it and they shoot a hell of a lot better than college kids. If you can’t see the lack of effort, the lack of athleticism, lack of knowledge, and lack of care from these kids playing it I don’t know what to tell you. Not abandoning it earlier in the year was the mistake, not the scheme itself. JB and staff didn’t forget how to teach it. Tell me with a straight face that anyone outside of Jesse, Taylor, Copeland, and Brown actually try on defense and give effort.

We it’s the same zone more or less as the one he used in 2018
It's outdated, teams now have 2-3 guys who can shoot threes. There is a reason some guys have career days against our zone.

Whats the issue with the offense? We can score.

The defense, it’s worked great for a long long time, there is value in it, NBA teams are playing it and they shoot a hell of a lot better than college kids. If you can’t see the lack of effort, the lack of athleticism, lack of knowledge, and lack of care from these kids playing it I don’t know what to tell you. Not abandoning it earlier in the year was the mistake, not the scheme itself. JB and staff didn’t forget how to teach it. Tell me with a straight face that anyone outside of Jesse, Taylor, Copeland, and Brown actually try on defense and give effort.

Yeah- it's not purely the defense itself it's the utilization rate paired with having players who can play it but also can be effective on offense.

I was watching the UVA elite eight game replay last night and while yes talent this and talent that... the key wasn't even so much the press itself as it was the requirement that UVA had to change what they were doing and rush things. You then pair that with effective zone personnel and then switch back and they could never reset their rhythm.

The rule changes and perimeter shooting reliance and skill inventory has for sure made zone a defense you can't run for 35 minutes let alone 40. It can be effective for say 20-25. You have to have a defense that takes away what the zone gives, then use the zone to counter all the same. Talent matters and switching looks matters too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom