Ga Tech Pt II postgame | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Ga Tech Pt II postgame

Pot calling the kettle black here with some of our fans. Like our coach hasn't had the University under probation twice. Had wins stripped away. Was suspended. And a full on circus of an FBI investigation break out all under his watch...

What they claimed he was guilty of is legal now.

1- He can get top end talent
2- He can coach good
3- He can navigate the NIL landscape as he was already doing it in Arizona it was illegal so he knows how to play the game
4- He would be juice to our program quickly on the recruiting trail

It’s not legal to make payments to people to falsify transcripts nor to engage in bribery.

It's too bad one of my posts got deleted a few minutes ago.

The point I was going to make is that where do these underclassmen think they're going to transfer to?

Nobody is going to want Benny, based on what he showed tonight. I've never seen a player so soft.

Yes, there's a market for Judah, but he is not "all that". He has potential, but we've had better guards not make it in the pros.

We need a full reboot. We should clean house.

It's too bad one of my posts got deleted a few minutes ago.

The point I was going to make is that where do these underclassmen think they're going to transfer to?

Nobody is going to want Benny, based on what he showed tonight. I've never seen a player so soft.

Yes, there's a market for Judah, but he is not "all that". He has potential, but we've had better guards not make it in the pros.

We need a full reboot. We should clean house.

You mean the post where you said a player deserved to be punched in the mouth by a teammate? Nice.

"The hearing panel found no violation for the former head men's basketball coach because the hearing panel determined that the former head men's basketball coach demonstrated that he promoted an atmosphere of compliance and monitored two of his assistant coaches regarding the academic eligibility of men's basketball prospective student-athletes, rebutting the presumption of head coach responsibility," the panel's ruling stated."

You mean the post where you said a player deserved to be punched in the mouth by a teammate? Nice.

Yes. That's the one. And that's exactly what Derrick Coleman or someone with some balls would have done after a performance like that.

Forde is creditable now?

IN THE ARTICLE YOU POSTED

At the time the investigations were announced, Robbins said in a statement, "Head coach Sean Miller has not been charged with -- nor accused of -- any misconduct and he has been fully cooperative and supportive of our efforts to determine the facts in pursuit of the truth. ... Based on the facts that we know at this time, we support Coach Miller and intend to provide him with all of the tools necessary to meet our goals and expectations."

Then after the investigation

"The hearing panel found no violation for the former head men's basketball coach because the hearing panel determined that the former head men's basketball coach demonstrated that he promoted an atmosphere of compliance and monitored two of his assistant coaches regarding the academic eligibility of men's basketball prospective student-athletes, rebutting the presumption of head coach responsibility," the panel's ruling stated."

IN THE ARTICLE YOU POSTED

At the time the investigations were announced, Robbins said in a statement, "Head coach Sean Miller has not been charged with -- nor accused of -- any misconduct and he has been fully cooperative and supportive of our efforts to determine the facts in pursuit of the truth. ... Based on the facts that we know at this time, we support Coach Miller and intend to provide him with all of the tools necessary to meet our goals and expectations."

Then after the investigation

Protecting the HC. Wiretaps. Bribery. Falsifying transcripts. But you’re upset that someone in the bball program helped Melo with a paper and you’re trying to equate them .

Who cares? NIL has changed everything.

Do you feel the same way about Coach K or Calipari or Penny Hardaway or Kelvin Sampson or John Freaking Wooden? They all paid players. And for a while, we did it too. Under Boeheim. Raw Recruits.

Boeheim's been blamed twice for probation and had 100 wins taken away. Has that happened to Sean Miller? Has it happened to Rick Pitino? People hired John Calipari after he was caught cheating at UMass. Kelvin Sampson was run off twice, and now is coaching the favorite for this year's national championship.

Boeheim reneged on an announcement to gracefully retire from the university and pass the baton to Mike. He welched on that deal, made the university look bad, and he makes them look worse every day.

But you want to throw stones at other coaches? Start with the guys who protect murderers and rapists, not the guys who paid money to get players. That's been going on since the 1940s when gamblers first started getting involved in college basketball.

Last edited:
Who cares? NIL has changed everything.

Do you feel the same way about Coach K or Calipari or Penny Hardaway or Kelvin Sampson or John Freaking Wooden? They all paid players. And for a while, we did it too. Under Boeheim. Raw Recruits.

Boeheim's been blamed twice for probation and had 100 wins taken away. Has that happened to Sean Miller? Has it happened to Rick Pitino? People hired John Calipari after he was caught cheating at UMass. Kelvin Sampson was run off twice, and now is coaching the favorite for this year's national championship.

He reneged on an announcement to gracefully retire from the university and pass the baton to Mike. He welched on that deal, made the university look bad, and he makes them look worse every day.

But you want to throw stones at other coaches? Start with the guys who protect murderers and rapists, not the guys who paid money to get players. That's been going on since the 1940s when gamblers first started getting involved in college basketball.

NIL? Has nothing to do with academic fraud, bribery and wire taps.

Protecting the HC. Wiretaps. Bribery. Falsifying transcripts. But you’re upset that someone in the bball program helped Melo with a paper and you’re trying to equate them .

So your argument is that the assistant coach ruined his life and will never coach again to protect a head coach? Then the NCAA and FBI turned a blind eye and didn't punish Miller at all? Sorry that doesn't sound like the NCAA I know maybe the FBI but not NCAA.

No someone brought it up first and asked how we would over look such things and I basically said if we live in a glass house we shouldn't be throwing stones.

No, I think most of us are fine with how the NCAA went after SU for what appeared to us to be minor violations in the 2005-2012 period.

It's you who has your panties in a knot about hiring coaches who haven't done the worst of what coaches do out there. The schools that protect and whitewash rapists on campus; THAT'S a problem I don't want at Syracuse. People covering up murders by players on the team? THAT'S something to rightly ban someone for.

Paying players and making them eligible. That's what coaches do. Should Roy Williams have all his wins from UNC taken away for those fake classes? That's worse than Fab Melo, right, because it's systemic.

Duke, with booster's hiring people's parents to travel from Alaska to live in North Carolina so they can watch their kid play. Setting up parents in fake jobs is nothing I've ever heard us accused of. Should Coach K lose 100 or 200 wins? Not gonna happen.

So, save your wrath and outrage for those who deserve it. Did you support Nate Oats as a candidate at one time? Many on here have. But now he's protected an accomplice to a murder, and they even had him go through a fake police shakedown as his game introduction "dance".

That's a guy to have a problem with. That is a lack of a moral compass.

NIL? Has nothing to do with academic fraud, bribery and wire taps.

Look, I know you have a hard on for Miller, but at least use language accurately.

Neither Miller, nor any of his staff, were "responsible" for what prosecutors choose to do, whether or not they wiretap someone. That's law enforcement, which as we know, is very selective. And this was done with great fanfare and publicity (who was it, Sports Illustrated?) - and then nothing really changed in the NCAA, did it?

Bribery? Who bribed whom? If you're talking about paying representatives to get players, then big whoop. Did somebody try to bribe the cops? What are you even saying here?

Academic fraud? Oooh, that's cute. Should Roy Williams be expelled from the Hall of Fame? His academic scandal is probably the worst in history.

Did you think that Boeheim deserved to lose 100 wins for Fab Melo's paper? That's academic fraud, too.

Played ‘em almost even in man.
So, we played M2M. Am I just ridiculously jaded and bitter, or did it really feel like JB left those kids out there for a long time without subbing, almost like he wanted the Man to fail? That can‘t be, right? The kids played their hearts out and even with next to no experience in it, they tried. But they were gassed. And JB just let them go until they started coasting.

I am heartened by the effort they gave, and that they looked competent—even though they didn’t really know when to help, how much to hedge, how much to trust their teammate, etc.

If he does, this, I would go out of my way to make the game, which, as of right now I’m not gonna be able to make.
I’m flying to Florida Saturday, but I would maybe delay my trip.

He just needs guys as long as Grant, as tough as Rak, and as fast as the flash. Easy peasy
To be fair, the guys he has look the part, but I really don’t think Bell, Benny, Brown, and Copeland are much more than average in athleticism. For our defense to work I think it’s fair to say you need four or five well above average athletes.

And his coaching isn't bad???
I don’t think his coaching has cost us many games, I think we have a beyond awful roster. Outside of Judah and Jesse there isn’t one guy who would’ve started or got more than 10 minutes a game since probably the 90s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom