Game 3 Depth Chart / Notes for Ga Tech | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Game 3 Depth Chart / Notes for Ga Tech

May well depend on how this year pans out and what NFL draft grades look like. Presume free years can be used for grad transfer as well? If this year goes to hell and Bear and Black don't get the recognition from scouts have to wonder if they transfer to a factory school to show out and jump up in the draft.

If I'm being honest, I don't see any of those 3 guys playing in the NFL. I think they are solid college players, with Black being the best of the bunch. I have a hard time seeing them walk onto the field at a factory school. Those schools have better (and younger) players already there who would see the field ahead of them.

A guy like Alton Robinson, who was a monster, goes 5th round. Kendall Coleman goes undrafted. In my opinion, both of those guys are better than the 3 we have, which is not meant to be negative towards them since Alton & Kendall were such good players. With that said, if they really like it here and see things like I do (unlikely, but maybe ;)), then potentially they're back. I hope to see all 3 of them in orange next season!

If I'm being honest, I don't see any of those 3 guys playing in the NFL. I think they are solid college players, with Black being the best of the bunch. I have a hard time seeing them walk onto the field at a factory school. Those schools have better (and younger) players already there who would see the field ahead of them.

A guy like Alton Robinson, who was a monster, goes 5th round. Kendall Coleman goes undrafted. In my opinion, both of those guys are better than the 3 we have, which is not meant to be negative towards them since Alton & Kendall were such good players. With that said, if they really like it here and see things like I do (unlikely, but maybe ;)), then potentially they're back. I hope to see all 3 of them in orange next season!

That's fair but I've long since given up trying to figure out what nfl scouts do or don't see in players. Black Is a freak athlete and tremendously intelligent... Hopefully Alton turning heads starts making scouts pay more attention to SU defensive players

D-Line will be a problem next year. Need some big boys up front to neutralize the other teams O-Line
Agree the interior NG/DT spots are very hard for true freshman to handle and at times we will play a 4 man front with 2 big guys in the middle I think Bear and Black leave the program after this year as they use up their 5th year that would leave Harper and Rondi as the only returning players at NT/DT I would like to see us use the portal or juco route to grab a quality starter.

Agree the interior NG/DT spots are very hard for true freshman to handle and at times we will play a 4 man front with 2 big guys in the middle I think Bear and Black leave the program after this year as they use up their 5th year that would leave Harper and Rondi as the only returning players at NT/DT I would like to see us use the portal or juco route to grab a quality starter.
Bear and Black would still have 1 year left because this year doesn't count for anyone.

Bear and Black would still have 1 year left because this year doesn't count for anyone.
I understand but do these guys really want to be in college for ( 6 ) years, I would think they would want to start a new lifestyle / career and go out into the real world and use their education to make some $$$

I understand but do these guys really want to be in college for ( 6 ) years, I would think they would want to start a new lifestyle / career and go out into the real world and use their education to make some $$$
If they're not drafted, what's the rush? They'll have their new lifestyle/career the rest of their life. Why not have another year as BMOC and go out w/ hopefully a normal non-covid season with the whole college atmosphere that goes w/ it?

I just think of the every day grind a D1 football player goes through the training/conditioning - practice - films - games - injuries - school work /exams stress being away from family not having much $$ after 5 years that has to take a toll on them.

Black has been caught in between positions and hasn't made an impact. He was a good de and was forced to put on wgt to play dt and has just been serviceable eating some blocks. Bear, is a bear and can play at the next level, is a beast, but in the 3-3-5, will also take on alot of double teams.

I just think of the every day grind a D1 football player goes through the training/conditioning - practice - films - games - injuries - school work /exams stress being away from family not having much $$ after 5 years that has to take a toll on them.

What does $$$ have to do with this? These kids have it made for 18-22 yo dudes. A beautiful diet, wardrobe, and all they need...what?

I hope given the free year, that bear comes back and gets his due playing in front of fans and ups his stock. If any player deserves it, its bear. He is the heart of this D. Bear's dad?

Black has been caught in between positions and hasn't made an impact. He was a good de and was forced to put on wgt to play dt and has just been serviceable eating some blocks. Bear, is a bear and can play at the next level, is a beast, but in the 3-3-5, will also take on alot of double teams.
IMO The DLine is not as dominant as I would like them to be. A Dominant DLine resets the line of scrimmage every play!

I hope given the free year, that bear comes back and gets his due playing in front of fans and ups his stock. If any player deserves it, its bear. He is the heart of this D. Bear's dad?
Or we can light a fire under his REAR-END...Transfer him and make him sink or swim.

Surprised Tuazama didn’t make the two deep. Feels like we have a lot of good tweeners at the LB/DE spot. Hope we can use them all.

Surprised Tuazama didn’t make the two deep. Feels like we have a lot of good tweeners at the LB/DE spot. Hope we can use them all.

He’s been getting run on ST’s.

And by “run”, I mean -
some incredibly costly penalties, one which brought back Nyk’s PR TD, and another which got waived off due to mostly dumb luck of the punter having rolled out rugby-style.

I think he also played on D late in the Pitt game.
Not being on the 2-deep (in certain spots) doesn’t necessarily mean no PT.

Isn't Tuazama a DL ? There can only be 6 on the 2 deep.

I just want to say Geoff Collins dad was my middle school PE teacher and he was a jerk and he also had long hippie hair that was a really horrible look. I hope we kick Tech's butt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom