Game 7 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Clemson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Game 7 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Clemson

Off thread, but I don't think Jobbity had a snap against State. Weird to see him listed on the 2-deep. Either the staff is seeing something, or Dino's up to more lineup trickeration.

As far as the OP ..., what was going on with Hoeh? He was in there several times (had a couple penalties too). But he's not on the 2-deep. I'll have to re-watch the replay (finally found it on YouTube). Is he coming in for Ellis at LG to give him a blow?

Last, I know State was running a 335 and isn't known for its pass rush. But it's pretty sweet to see a game with 0 sacks. Would have killed for that last year.

Hoeh swaps in for Mang at the blocking HB/TE role. aka - 3rd guy on the "TE" 2-deep.
(since OGII is also a "TE")
He's a big kid, but has been prone to procedure penalties.
Don't know if he has ANY receiving skills, being an OL by trade.

(Mang did have one nice snag, and shoulda had a WIDE OPEN TD catch, had GS seen him)

Off thread, but I don't think Jobbity had a snap against State. Weird to see him listed on the 2-deep. Either the staff is seeing something, or Dino's up to more trickeration.

As far as the OP ..., what was going on with Hoeh? He was in there several times (had a couple penalties too). But he's not on the 2-deep. I'll have to re-watch the replay (finally found it on YouTube). Is he coming in for Ellis at LG to give him a blow?

Last, I know State was running a 335 and isn't known for its pass rush. But it's pretty sweet to see a game with 0 sacks. Would have killed for that last year.

Hoeh is playing a hybrid FB role, necessitated by Elmore's injury. Don't believe he's seeing any time at OL.

Anyone know the story on Nolton? Hyped late flip, physical specimen. Is it because of not picking up the 335?

Nope -- nothing like that. He's a pure DE, a little bit "light" right now at 6-4 225, and just needs some time to get stronger and pick things up. Good athlete -- needs a year of seasoning.

Our biggest need is at DT, a position he doesn't play.

Nope -- nothing like that. He's a pure DE, a little bit "light" right now at 6-4 225, and just needs some time to get stronger and pick things up.

I see. But, we're getting pretty light at DE too; Jaquez out, Simmons in a boot, Lowery? Seems like he should at least make himself part of the conversation.

Nope -- nothing like that. He's a pure DE, a little bit "light" right now at 6-4 225, and just needs some time to get stronger and pick things up. Good athlete -- needs a year of seasoning.

Nolton listed on Cuse.com roster at 252. He have a tapeworm (or a typo) or something since then? ;)

Bassette listed at 260.
Bubba Wright 273.

We've (theoretically) got some beef around.

Nothing against the young man, but -
is anybody else terrified that we've got a TRUE Frosh DE, who never played football prior to his Sr year in HS (which was LAST YEAR) in the 2-deep vs. Clemson?

Backing up Caleb O means he likely won't see a ton of snaps, but still...

Here's hoping this kid is a prodigy!!
Another underrated WNY stud DL like the Jones Bros would be very welcome about now.
fwiw, i saw Roon playing DE on NCST's last drive of the game,
He didn't do much, the tackle pretty much swallowed him up, but his mission could have been to spy on the QB, so perhaps his main job was contain. Just surprised to see him there.

Nothing against the young man, but -
is anybody else terrified that we've got a TRUE Frosh DE, who never played football prior to his Sr year in HS (which was LAST YEAR) in the 2-deep vs. Clemson?

Backing up Caleb O means he likely won't see a ton of snaps, but still...

Here's hoping this kid is a prodigy!!
Another underrated WNY stud DL like the Jones Bros would be very welcome about now.

No. He’s gonna dwight freeney their ass. He hungry.

fwiw, i saw Roon playing DE on NCST's last drive of the game,
He didn't do much, the tackle pretty much swallowed him up, but his mission could have been to spy on the QB, so perhaps his main job was contain. Just surprised to see him there.
Roon is 6'3 230. He probably was there to spy and did some things. He is behind Mikel but has the size to be moved around. Back when he joined the class a few years back the Midwest Rivals guy (brainlocking his name), indicated we picked up a really good player. I think Roon plays more as the season goes on.

Roon is 6'3 230. He probably was there to spy and did some things. He is behind Mikel but has the size to be moved around. Back when he joined the class a few years back the Midwest Rivals guy (brainlocking his name), indicated we picked up a really good player. I think Roon plays more as the season goes on.
I agree. SU was rushing 3 guys and all of them were standing around with theirs heads up, watching the QB and ensuring he was not going to get around them into the open field.

I can almost guarantee you that NC State wanted Chambers to wait for a bit after the snap for defenders to run away from the LOS and then get out in the open field and try and get a lot of yardage that way. It looked like Chambers had little accuracy throwing the ball more than 10 yards down field.

Good move by Tony. It worked as designed. Other ACC schools are going to copy this and force Chambers to beat them throwing it. And shut down NC State's offense the same way.

Good move by Tony. It worked as designed. Other ACC schools are going to copy this and force Chambers to beat them throwing it. And shut down NC State's offense the same way.
I understand their 3rd string is a promising thrower. So do they bail on Chambers, and try to coach the kid up? That was a what the ACC radio guys were insisting they should do. Their jobs are not on the line. Anyway, not our problem anymore.

The depth chart lists 51 athletes. The travel squad is allowed 70. Do we always travel with the full 70? Who are the mystery 19?

The depth chart lists 51 athletes. The travel squad is allowed 70. Do we always travel with the full 70? Who are the mystery 19?
Idk but I do know that your avi is Priory of the Orange Tree. So goooood.

Well we know one thing, the young DL guys are getting some quality snaps and developing depth. By having experienced LB's they can help guide the young ones in front and to be honest, they look hungry for snaps so this is a fantastic time for them to show what they have.

I don’t think the depth chart guarantees someone will travel if there are injury issues involved.

I've been really impressed with Darton. He reminds me a bit of Nikita Whitlock. That dude lived in the backfield and was super undersized.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom