Game 8 Depth Chart / Game Notes vs Va Tech | Syracusefan.com

Game 8 Depth Chart / Game Notes vs Va Tech

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Depth VAT.png

As most expected, Jacobian is now #2. It appears Hatcher has replace Gadsen on the depth chart behind Queeley.

As most expected, Jacobian is now #2. It appears Hatcher has replace Gadsen on the depth chart behind Queeley.

Gadsden has been in a walking boot for 2 weeks.

Right but he hasn't been on the depth chart has he... or saw the field yet right?

He's played a LOT on ST's. I think he's appeared in like 5 games already.

Like so:

After Clemson:

Duce Chestnut (7)
Oronde Gadsden II (5)
Terry Lockett (6)

Umari Hatcher (2)
Jatius Geer (1)
Austyn Kauhi (1)
Kalan Ellis (4)
Elijah Fuentes-Cundiff (2)

Right but he hasn't been on the depth chart has he... or saw the field yet right?

Gadsen was on last week's depth chart.

The only other changes I see are the CJackson was an OR with Cooper and JCarter was listed first last week and now Coley is this week. JCarter looks like he was banged up again against Clemson.

Correct. Played in 5 games, mostly on ST's. Had 1 catch vs Albany.
Shoot I i didn't realize that. Wish we were able to redshirt him and just play him in 4 games this year. Not enough WR's I guess. He seems to have a lot of potential to me, just has a slight frame at 6'-3" and 170 lbs. Hope he doesn't have Taj's weight gaining ability. He could really use an extra year of redshirting to gain some body mass.

Morgan may be the #2 on the depth chart, but I think Lamson is the guy if Shrader goes down for a prolonged period of time to burn a redshirt.

Lamson is very similar to Shrader with what looked like a better arm from his recruiting film. Not sure either Morgan or Markiewicz provide much of a QB run threat, which is what this offense has been adapted to on the fly and needs to avoid the keying on Tucker by all the LB's.

Gadsen was on last week's depth chart.

The only other changes I see are the CJackson was an OR with Cooper and JCarter was listed first last week and now Coley is this week. JCarter looks like he was banged up again against Clemson.
Think Coley has played very well in his limited snaps. His play this year is very underrated.

Morgan may be the #2 on the depth chart, but I think Lamson is the guy if Shrader goes down for a prolonged period of time to burn a redshirt.

Lamson is very similar to Shrader with what looked like a better arm from his recruiting film. Not sure either Morgan or Markiewicz provide much of a QB run threat, which is what this offense has been adapted to on the fly and needs to avoid the keying on Tucker by all the LB's.

Yeah, that a HARD NO.

There's zero chance they burn Lamson's RS - in a season he's at best getting Scout Squad reps - over a guy who actually got some starts the prior year, and has a ton more time in the program.

IF Lamson was the actual backup, then, I dunno?
maybe they'd list him as the backup? :rolleyes:

Yeah, that a HARD NO.

There's zero chance they burn Lamson's RS - in a season he's at best getting Scout Squad reps - over a guy who actually got some starts the prior year, and has a ton more time in the program.

I think it is a different offense and its playing for a bowl game. If Shrader gets hurt for multiple weeks, I can see it. I hope it doesn't happen.

I think it is a different offense and its playing for a bowl game. If Shrader gets hurt for multiple weeks, I can see it. I hope it doesn't happen.
Morgan can both run and throw. He is closer to GS then Tommy. He also has ACC starts from last year unlike Lamson

Yeah, that a HARD NO.

I also am guessing Lamson is the probable #2, but I don’t think they’ll burn his redshirt. Morgan has shown he can play some, and it will be him if Shrader gets hurt.

Wait, how did I never notice Dakota Davis potentially has another year left?

Feels like that dude is on a pH d track or something.

Wait, how did I never notice Dakota Davis potentially has another year left?

Feels like that dude is on a pH d track or something.

The only guys who can't come back are:

McKinley Williams
Chris Elmore
Kingsley Jonathan
Cody Roscoe
Abdul Adams
Airon Servais
Josh Black

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member