game ball----sales | Syracusefan.com

game ball----sales

T

tipphill

not in any way taking anything away from ryan and alec,let me get that out of the way. i give my game ball to sales who is so good that he draws so much concern and coverage it allows others to excell as well. of course ryan threw well and alec made some excellent pro receptions. i just want to acknowlege marcus major contribution just by being on the field.--that is all---

That's like saying Ralph Nader should have won the Presidency in 2000 for drawing votes away from Al Gore.

not in any way taking anything away from ryan and alec,let me get that out of the way. i give my game ball to sales who is so good that he draws so much concern and coverage it allows others to excell as well. of course ryan threw well and alec made some excellent pro receptions. i just want to acknowlege marcus major contribution just by being on the field.--that is all---
Huh? I really like Sales, but he certainly doesn't draw double coverage. Alec will play on Sundays.

I just think it's what happens when you have two receivers that the opponent has to worry about, try to take Lemon away and Sales excels.. It's a good thing. Versus UCONN, they put their best CB on Sales who is a first day NFL guy and Lemon has a great game, neither will play on Sundays though

That's like saying Ralph Nader should have won the Presidency in 2000 for drawing votes away from Al Gore.
not quite,its saying that he is an excellent receiver that opponents cannot ignore and must plan for a legitimate threat of which if you really know political history,ralph was not

It's fine to acknowledge Sales, but that's not what you give out game balls for. Unless of course, you also think everyone deserves a trophy.

Sales also didnt play on many plays, West was out for large stretches as well..

I just think it's what happens when you have two receivers that the opponent has to worry about, try to take Lemon away and Sales excels.. It's a good thing. Versus UCONN, they put their best CB on Sales who is a first day NFL guy and Lemon has a great game, neither will play on Sundays though

At first that didn't read well, but then I realized you meant the UConn DB is the 1st day NFL guy.

Agree with the good thing comment. Throw in West and Wales, who have been capable of making big plays as well. Can't stop everything in this offense, especially the way the OL plays.

Just hope we can replace the exiting parts next year. Nassib, Lemon, Sales, Chibane, likely Pugh. That's a lot. We probably won't have all the 500 yard games and the 470 yard average, but as long as we can stay in the 420 or above range AND continue to eliminate a lot of the mistakes that kept scoring down at times this year, we'll be fine. Funderburke being as good as advertised, QBs having a lot of time in the system and reps (if nothing else) and Knapp being ready to play will be the biggest keys.

I'm not sure Sales was out there all the time with Lemon. We used 5 receivers and I don't think I ever saw Lemon leave the field. I didn't notice a lot of double coverage on any of our receivers either.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure Sales was out there all the time with Lemon. We used 5 receivers and I don't think I ever saw Lemon leave the field. I didn't notice a lot of double coverage on any of our receivers either.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
UL played man coverage a lot. Looked like Sales struggled to get open against the UL corners. We ran 3 WR sets a lot, with Alec in the slot, so he would go against a safety running down the middle.

That was a big mismatch, Alec beat them all day long on vertical routes. UL eventually moved a CB on him, assigning the safety to one of the SU WRs, but that didn't work either.

Not sure what you were watching but there was no double coverage of Sales.

UL played man coverage a lot. Looked like Sales struggled to get open against the UL corners. We ran 3 WR sets a lot, with Alec in the slot, so he would go against a safety. That was a big mismatch, Alec beat them all day long on vertical routes.

And the coaching staff knew it. Incredible game plan heading into that. A+ to Marrone and Hack.

UL played man coverage a lot. Looked like Sales struggled to get open against the UL corners. We ran 3 WR sets a lot, with Alec in the slot, so he would go against a safety running down the middle.

That was a big mismatch, Alec beat them all day long on vertical routes. UL eventually moved a CB on him, assigning the safety to one of the SU WRs, but that didn't work either.

Every team has a best corner, 2nd best corner, 3rd best and so on. Lemon in the slot is almost never going to go against the best one. Given how well we've been running the ball, the safeties are going to be distracted.

Need to run the ball well. That's the key to everything. Mizzou gives up 143 on the ground. We've been consistently getting at least 200 lately, need to do it again.

The good news in my opinion is that if Missouri game plans to stop Lemon and if they succeed we already know from experience that Sales will make plays. He's leading the team in receptions at this point. We also know that West will produce, and Clarke and Kobena have made plays. Wales and Stevens are available too and so is PTG out of the backfield.

Edit- Oops. I just checked and after the Louisville game Alec has one more reception than Sales, but the good news remains. In fact, their numbers are nearly identical across the board!

UL played a lot of 2 deep and 2 deep man - usually will leave the slot guy one on one with a lb, or nickel back. We'll take that all day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom