Game busses - Albany & Buffalo | Syracusefan.com

Game busses - Albany & Buffalo

Toga

Living Legend
I think this may have been discussed a couple of years ago, but ... What do folks think about how a game bus (or 2) leaving from Albany and Buffalo would do? Something with some video screens showing SU stuff. Familiar SU tunes Beer of course.

Living in the Albany area, I would definitely be interested.

I think this may have been discussed a couple of years ago, but ... What do folks think about how a game bus (or 2) leaving from Albany and Buffalo would do? Something with some video screens showing SU stuff. Familiar SU tunes Beer of course.

Used to be the case, at least from the Albany area back in the 70's. My dad would come up for a game every year with a bunch of his friends, usually against one of the Service Academies. The busses would stop at Drumlins for a pre-game meal and then shuttle everyone to Archbold. Not sure who organized the tours, maybe the Alumni Association? Or maybe it had something to do with the fact that it was against Army or Navy.

I think its a great idea if they can be sure there is enough interest weekly. My friend and i considered starting our own sports only travel services kind of like Drumlins travel but better..we ended up taking a step back for a while on it but thats an intriguing idea.

Living in Albany FB would be difficult but basketball would be a seller. Especially conference foes.

You could even stop in rochester from buffalo en route to cuse..as well as rome from albany. We should def send a couple buses to FT Drum every game if the soldiers are allowed to attend any games that week. Im assuming there would be enough fans in watertown/ft drum to fill a bus or two every game. Its really a smart idea.

And another reason why SU's band should play "Erie Canal" The Albany and Buffalo contingents can sing their own names. I think a bus would be a great idea as long as it's cost effective.

4 buses 1 from buffalo 1 from Albany and 1 north and 1 from south. Load it up during conference play and if there is 1 big out of conference home game. Depending on game time ( if early then get them here at 11 or so they can pre game a bit and stop to eat on the way home, if later do the whole tailgate experience before). Most buses have tv now a days maybe get other ncaa games on the way in or home. Beverages and snacks. Hell they could have t shirts specific to where they are from. Make it an event.

Maybe a bus that started in NYC and stopped in Albany and Utica might have enough interest.

I've been preaching this for a while. Have buses run from:
1. Binghamton, stopping in Cortland.
2. Watertown.
3. Buffalo, stopping in Rochester.
4. Albany, stopping in Utica.

Buy a bus and game ticket for $40 or something. I think it would be great.

I've been preaching this for a while. Have buses run from:
1. Binghamton, stopping in Cortland.
2. Watertown.
3. Buffalo, stopping in Rochester.
4. Albany, stopping in Utica.

Buy a bus and game ticket for $40 or something. I think it would be great.

If they ran a bus from NYC, stopping in Albany and Utica I would probably take it two or three times a year. My wife has family in NYC and it would be easier than driving. A lot of New Yorkers don't own cars because of the parking costs so it might fit.

If they ran a bus from NYC, stopping in Albany and Utica I would probably take it two or three times a year. My wife has family in NYC and it would be easier than driving. A lot of New Yorkers don't own cars because of the parking costs so it might fit.

For a Noon game, what time would a bus have to leave NYC in order to stop in Albany and Utica and make it to the Dome by 11 AM or so?

What time would you have to leave your place to get on the bus?

For a Noon game, what time would a bus have to leave NYC in order to stop in Albany and Utica and make it to the Dome by 11 AM or so?

What time would you have to leave your place to get on the bus?

Probably or 5:00 or 5:30. Many NYC commuters routinely get up earlier than that. Remember we are talking about one bus so you don't need too many nuts like me.

I am reminded about a story about Sen Barry Goldwater. When asked about a certain piece of legislation if there wasn't a constituency against it, he said, "Give me an hour an I'll find you a constituency against red-headed left-handed pitchers!" What that has to do with a bus I don't know but I though it was a funny story.

Not enough interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not enough interest.
f313e2b1-8029-338f-a6e2-1ce2c762e56f.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online